The Voynich Ninja
Prague City University - The Voynich Manuscript - Research in Action - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Voynich Talk (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Prague City University - The Voynich Manuscript - Research in Action (/thread-3902.html)

Pages: 1 2

Prague City University - The Voynich Manuscript - Research in Action - Scarecrow - 20-11-2022

Has this project been discussed here before? Dr. Stefano Cavagnetto's three year project on VMS sound curious..

"PCU research is centred on areas that help our communities. Sometimes this may involve finding practical solutions to real problems. And sometimes it may involve something that pushes the boundaries of our core disciplines and opens up insight into the mysteries of the world around us.

Uncovering a Medieval Manuscript
Dr Stefano Cavagnetto has uncovered just such a project as he is engaging on a three year journey in cooperation with the Italian Cultural Institute in Prague.

Centered around the mysteries of a medieval manuscript closely connected to Prague and Italy, he will lead a series of public lectures and seminars about the mysterious Voynich Manuscript."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: Prague City University - The Voynich Manuscript - Research in Action - Koen G - 20-11-2022

Heh, weird that this passed without notice. Would they have published anything? Prague, Italy and an art historian involved, sounds potentially interesting.

RE: Prague City University - The Voynich Manuscript - Research in Action - Scarecrow - 20-11-2022

Interesting, yes, a perfect match, and would be even more interesting if they would even publish something Smile
Haven't been able to yet find anything so far in the public sources, but I will keep my eyes on this.
Anyone with access to academic network could do a quick search there too.

RE: Prague City University - The Voynich Manuscript - Research in Action - Koen G - 20-11-2022

I've been googling a bit, but I really can't find anything at all apart from this announcement.

RE: Prague City University - The Voynich Manuscript - Research in Action - MichelleL11 - 20-11-2022

(20-11-2022, 08:48 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I've been googling a bit, but I really can't find anything at all apart from this announcement.

I agree - poked around the usual places and didn’t find anything.  Maybe they are in the early stages, still - the talk seems to be relatively introductory with focus on a narrow time period in the VM history.  Still, if anyone is in Prague and can attend l’d be interested in hearing what was said.  Maybe a publication will follow?

But it was last year, right? Like the talk already happened. 
Now if one year ago, they were engaging in a "three year project", then indeed it would still be early and further publications might follow.

RE: Prague City University - The Voynich Manuscript - Research in Action - ReneZ - 21-11-2022

Josef Zlatodej has been mentioning a similar research activity in Prague (in not too positive terms) on Nick Pelling's blog, but that must have been before last year. It is hard to say if this is indeed the same activity. That also depends on when the three-year period started.

Of course, there is no lack of artistic exchange between Northern Italy and Rudolfine Prague, or indeed of literature about it. John Manly already attempted to find a link with the Voynich MS, through Marci's relationship with the Miseroni family.

RE: Prague City University - The Voynich Manuscript - Research in Action - MichelleL11 - 21-11-2022

(20-11-2022, 09:27 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.But it was last year, right? Like the talk already happened. 
Now if one year ago, they were engaging in a "three year project", then indeed it would still be early and further publications might follow.

Aw - l looked at it too fast - l thought it was this year - l agree something should be out by now.  Well, shoot.

RE: Prague City University - The Voynich Manuscript - Research in Action - Ranceps - 21-11-2022

(21-11-2022, 12:09 AM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Josef Zlatodej has been mentioning a similar research activity in Prague (in not too positive terms) on Nick Pelling's blog, but that must have been before last year. It is hard to say if this is indeed the same activity. That also depends on when the three-year period started.

In my opinion, Josef is delusional person, who like You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. is trying to present his “indestructible theory” to the world without even considering it is wrong from the very start. And when you try to oppose it or show some flaws, he will without hesitation start with insults on your name.

Its just a troll, nothing more

RE: Prague City University - The Voynich Manuscript - Research in Action - Aga Tentakulus - 21-11-2022

Joseph, yes, that is something like a friend.  Angel