The Voynich Ninja
[Article] The Voynich manuscript decoding method proposal by Maria Rita Lunazzi - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [Article] The Voynich manuscript decoding method proposal by Maria Rita Lunazzi (/thread-3673.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The Voynich manuscript decoding method proposal by Maria Rita Lunazzi - Helmut Winkler - 27-10-2021

I am not so sure  we can't use Cappelli, there are some things right there, but most of the interpretations are wrong. I think we can read letterforms and find out abbreviations, but M.s interpretations are wrong. Just to mention it, some things are obvious, e.g. that the language oould be Latin and that the ms, comes from a place in cenral Italy, the obvious place would be Padua

RE: The Voynich manuscript decoding method proposal by Maria Rita Lunazzi - Maria Rita Lunazzi - 28-10-2021

Hi everyone,
io've published on Academia, a detailed and rectified transliteration chart,  with detailed translation of the 1st paragraph on the page 1r.
I have also provide corrections on previous version. 
Sperando che questo chiarisca dubbi e risponda alle domande emerse dal precedente lavoro.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: The Voynich manuscript decoding method proposal by Maria Rita Lunazzi - Maria Rita Lunazzi - 28-10-2021

[quote="LisaFaginDavis" pid='47710' dateline='1634930508']
Infatti, Nablatore. Mi dispiace Maria, ma proprio non puoi usare Cappelli per leggere questo manoscritto, nemmeno al f. 116v. Le tue interpretazioni delle forme delle lettere non sono corrette, quindi anche le espansioni delle tue abbreviazioni sono errate.
[/Citazione]

I didn't invented anything, these notes are not edited with Voynich glyphs, but with normal latin alphabet.
There is only a marginal note on the last line.
Please read my work with more attention, for sure it isn't 100% correct.

RE: The Voynich manuscript decoding method proposal by Maria Rita Lunazzi - Maria Rita Lunazzi - 29-10-2021

New paper reviewed

Detailed transliteration chart 

io hope these papers are more clear

RE: The Voynich manuscript decoding method proposal by Maria Rita Lunazzi - Maria Rita Lunazzi - 29-10-2021

(20-10-2021, 09:43 AM)nablator Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(19-10-2021, 05:45 PM)Maria Rita Lunazzi Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.io write in english, but automatically its converted in Italian ?

There is a setting to disable it in Chrome. By default it is enabled. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Thank you for the info, done!

(20-10-2021, 12:50 PM)nablator Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(19-10-2021, 03:58 PM)Maria Rita Lunazzi Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Inoltre, nell'alfabeto EVA i glifi sono troppo standardizzati.

Per es. Non tiene conto delle varie curvature dei segni diacritici

That's true, but it could be fixed in a better transliteration if we had consistent characteristics to identify. Instead we have a continuum. In your own writing I don't see the differences (=) between those you interpret differently:

I have published a more detailed chart. 

The main difficulty to get a correct transliteration of the manuscript's handwriting is to distinguish the similar glyphs. 

There are 4 levels of control to be applied when there is a doubt:

- by magnifying the sign, examine the sequence of the traits, an inverted U with a tail can be confused with an  a. 

- des   or   est   can be confused with 8

- the bench. C--C  can be confuse with C - - T

The 4th level is  syntactic by  exclusion

Even if I have all the correspondence Glyph- alphabet letters, the problem is to correctly read the glyphs and not confuse them.

RE: The Voynich manuscript decoding method proposal by Maria Rita Lunazzi - Maria Rita Lunazzi - 30-10-2021

(27-10-2021, 01:52 PM)Helmut Winkler Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I am not so sure  we can't use Cappelli, there are some things right there, but most of the interpretations are wrong. I think we can read letterforms and find out abbreviations, but M.s interpretations are wrong. Just to mention it, some things are obvious, e.g. that the language oould be Latin and that the ms, comes from a place in cenral Italy, the obvious place would be Padua

I used Cappelli as a starter,  it's a fundamental to understand what were the common marks used during XV century. Some abbreviations are used also in VM (not many), the language and the origin of the manuscript is not so obvious as the published studies and statistics are made with alphabet letters including th, k, y, w... not represented in Latin.
The place is Lazio ( Latina, Circeo, Sperlonga, Terracina, volcanic lakes of Monti Albani , Gaeta) in the " Rosetta" page we can also appreciate the heraldic symbol of the Colonna family.

I've provided to correct and edit a detailed list with approx 90% of the Voynich Manuscript glyphs.

Two new papers  are available on Academia

RE: The Voynich manuscript decoding method proposal by Maria Rita Lunazzi - Maria Rita Lunazzi - 08-11-2021

(22-10-2021, 08:21 PM)LisaFaginDavis Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Indeed, Nablator. I'm sorry Maria, but you really can't use Cappelli to read this manuscript, even on f. 116v. Your interpretations of the letterforms are incorrect, and so your abbreviation expansions are also incorrect.

Sorry but you have misunderstood my work, I never use Cappelli to read this manuscript, I only used it to compare some diacritical signs commonly used during the XV century for the missing letters.

The manuscript presents a latin version under the more evident calligraphy, probably the draft was  made with a lead point or with nerofumo ink. 
I didn't invent anything.

RE: The Voynich manuscript decoding method proposal by Maria Rita Lunazzi - Helmut Winkler - 09-11-2021

I have read the papers and apart from the fact that I think she is misinterpreting most ot the glyphs except some obvious like c, her Latin is, as in most of this cases not Latin, not evev medieval L.