The Voynich Ninja
What do you think the six objects in the central rosette represent most likely? - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Imagery (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: What do you think the six objects in the central rosette represent most likely? (/thread-3670.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

What do you think the six objects in the central rosette represent most likely? - Koen G - 14-10-2021

See poll, votes are anonymous (though of course you can comment in the thread). This is not an attempt to find a solution or consensus; I just want to get an idea of which impression is most common.

[Image: image.jpg?ref=f86_ins_ros&q=f86_ins_ros-...52-365-279]

(Edit: I know some people hold that there are actually seven objects, but this is not about their number).

RE: What do you think the six objects in the central rosette represent most likely? - Anton - 14-10-2021

I voted for vessels and towers. I like Wladimir's idea about Rosettes being connected to other sections of the MS, so while they look like towers or maybe rather pillars supporting the sky, I believe there's some practical connection as well through their being vessels all at the same time.

RE: What do you think the six objects in the central rosette represent most likely? - bi3mw - 14-10-2021

The rosette folio could be a map with the heavenly Jerusalem in the center. That's why I voted for "architectural".

RE: What do you think the six objects in the central rosette represent most likely? - Mark Knowles - 14-10-2021

Ciboria

RE: What do you think the six objects in the central rosette represent most likely? - Koen G - 14-10-2021

(14-10-2021, 08:41 PM)Mark Knowles Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Ciboria

The chalice that holds the host? That would be a vote for "containers" then.

RE: What do you think the six objects in the central rosette represent most likely? - Mark Knowles - 14-10-2021

(14-10-2021, 09:28 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(14-10-2021, 08:41 PM)Mark Knowles Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Ciboria

The chalice that holds the host? That would be a vote for "containers" then.

Yes. I didn't spot your check boxes at the top. Vessels/Containers. I don't think they represent architectural features. I am however open to the idea that they might each have an external association e.g. each object represents a person or a Kingdom or something of the kind.

RE: What do you think the six objects in the central rosette represent most likely? - R. Sale - 14-10-2021

Please identify your six of seven various objects.

I see four quasi-tower-like structures and above that an area combining blue paint and the typical, asterisk star icons found in many other places. It's interesting to note that this area is 'fastened' (like a piece of fabric) to the thinner 'towers' at the far sides. And yet, there are multiple, blue painted projections coming forward, which completely miss the larger, more robust 'towers' in the foreground.

The painted pattern around the outer edge of the star-containing area is another example of an asymmetrical nebuly line, one that is plain on one side and more elaborate on the other. In this case, a standard "head and shoulders" design, somewhat similar to a fleur-de-lis.

What is the purpose? To engage the reader's interest. To appear to be astral and exotic. Yet to give no definitive indications. Unless, of course, the identity is plainly written down in the accompanying text.

Given that we have several methods of language interpretation in the mix these days, there should be *no problem* in learning what the relevant script was intended to tell us. If the purported alphabet and language are known, then ostensibly there should be words - open to interpretation. It either works or it does not.

RE: What do you think the six objects in the central rosette represent most likely? - monika55 - 21-10-2021

Hallo,
just take some blossoms and have a look into them, from the top! Then you know what it is :
six pistils, surrounded by pollen and blossom leaves, all enlarged).
To me it is quite logical in a herbal manuscript.

RE: What do you think the six objects in the central rosette represent most likely? - Hider - 21-10-2021

Folio 86v. Uraniborg. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
The towers of the Tycho Brahe Observatory:
О. Great Southern Observatory.
N. Small southern observatory.
R. Large northern observatory.
S. Small northern observatory.
Tycho Brahe, Astronomiæ instauratæ mechanica, 1598, page H3.

RE: What do you think the six objects in the central rosette represent most likely? - Hider - 24-10-2021

(21-10-2021, 04:29 PM)Hider Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Folio 86v. Uraniborg. 
The towers of the Tycho Brahe Observatory:
О. Great Southern Observatory.
N. Small southern observatory.
R. Large northern observatory.
S. Small northern observatory.