The Voynich Ninja
Do you see same patterns? - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Do you see same patterns? (/thread-3529.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Do you see same patterns? - Pardis Motiee - 27-04-2021

(20-04-2021, 07:58 PM)nablator Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.p and f appear mostly on the first line of paragraphs :
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
It can be the way the writer had preferred. Like when we write "This is plant ..." so "T" would be always in the beginning.

RE: Do you see same patterns? - Anton - 27-04-2021

(27-04-2021, 10:19 AM)Pardis Motiee Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.It can be the way the writer had preferred. Like when we write "This is plant ..." so "T" would be always in the beginning.

There's no problem in that they frequently appear in the first line. The problem is that they infrequently appear in subsequent lines. Dodgy

(27-04-2021, 10:46 AM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(27-04-2021, 10:19 AM)Pardis Motiee Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.It can be the way the writer had preferred. Like when we write "This is plant ..." so "T" would be always in the beginning.

There's no problem in that they frequently appear in the first line. The problem is that they infrequently appear in subsequent lines. Dodgy

I don't understand what the problem is. Maybe you can explain with a sample paragraph (?)

Just look at the plot that nablator referenced above. Let's take a random folio, e.g. f36r. You'll see that p and f occur many times in the first lines of the two paragraphs present in that folio (of which lines there are two). That's OK. What's not OK - or, let's say, what is strange though, is that they do not occur anywhere else.

(27-04-2021, 12:20 PM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Just look at the plot that nablator referenced above. Let's take a random folio, e.g. f36r. You'll see that p and f occur many times in the first lines of the two paragraphs present in that folio (of which lines there are two). That's OK. What's not OK - or, let's say, what is strange though, is that they do not occur anywhere else.
Yes, also C shape letter is not present. I just have checked the meanings. It gives a quick description of plant then it talks about a sea and a river. The river is probably Ems, but the sea I couldn't figure out, it must be North sea. The writings are similar to other herbal pages in terms of verbs and phrases, but much shorter and with different words.

The point is that this (and other) curious phenomena are poorly compatible with the plain right-to-left (or left-to-right for some languages) top-down flow of plain text, or even of simple-substitution-enciphered text.

Attachment shows the procedure for f36r. The inverses have made some uncertainties, also three alphabets labeled A,B,C are not very distinguishable. I can guess the reason behind the variety, but I have to examine more samples.

RE: Do you see same patterns? - Pardis Motiee - 24-05-2021

A sample of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., paragraph two:
[Image: 8627g4d9f3171.png?width=960&crop=smart&a...3ccfd50382]