The Voynich Ninja
New Blog Post, "The Voynich Manuscript in 3D" - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Imagery (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: New Blog Post, "The Voynich Manuscript in 3D" (/thread-3505.html)

New Blog Post, "The Voynich Manuscript in 3D" - proto57 - 08-03-2021

I've got a new blog post, "The Voynich Manuscript in 3D". It has some of my old CAD models, and a few new ones, too.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

All the best,
Rich SantaColoma

[Image: Libra_Scales_3D_compare_greyBG-1024x468.jpg]

RE: New Blog Post, "The Voynich Manuscript in 3D" - -JKP- - 08-03-2021

I wish I had more free time.

RE: New Blog Post, "The Voynich Manuscript in 3D" - Koen G - 08-03-2021

Hmm, normally your blog is included in the blogosphere reader, but I don't see this one appear even though it is already several days old.

Edit: nevermind, it's there now.

I like such visualisations, but they are of course interpretations by definition.

RE: New Blog Post, "The Voynich Manuscript in 3D" - Wladimir D - 09-03-2021

proto57/   Take a closer look at ROS. On the left middle rosette there is a tip of a different shape.
At one of the canopies in the lower right corner, the legs are made in the form of gutters, not pillars.

RE: New Blog Post, "The Voynich Manuscript in 3D" - proto57 - 10-03-2021

JKP... I have more time than money, so... But really, once you become familiar with any CAD program, the actual creation of models goes fairly quickly.

(09-03-2021, 06:17 AM)Wladimir D Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.proto57/   Take a closer look at ROS. On the left middle rosette there is a tip of a different shape.
At one of the canopies in the lower right corner, the legs are made in the form of gutters, not pillars.

Hi, Wladimir: I really like your ideas. These do look quite a lot like tents to me also. On the water collection aspect, I don't think there is enough information to say, but I can see it as a possibility.

This does not run counter to your ideas, but may fit with them: I have thought the individual rosettes may be related to several of the circular "wheel like" shapes on other pages. For instance the lower left rosette is similar to the illustration on f85r2: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

So I've wondered if these are two views of farm.... far overhead on the Rosettes page, then closeup on f85r2. The closeup has four figures seemingly picking crops. Another would be what I think is a solar fountain (powered by the sun, in the center): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

... which I think may be meant to be a closeup of what looks like another fountain to me, your (2,3), or the center right rosette: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

There are similarities to the upper and lower center rosettes with other wheels, but the closest comparisons to any one are a toss up I think: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Anyway, it would be cool if you can find historical examples of tents being used to collect rainwater.

All the best,
Rich.

RE: New Blog Post, "The Voynich Manuscript in 3D" - -JKP- - 11-03-2021

(10-03-2021, 08:45 PM)proto57 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.JKP... I have more time than money, so... But really, once you become familiar with any CAD program, the actual creation of models goes fairly quickly.

Yeah, but you still need time to do it (and I'm very familiar with CAD programs). I'm running a business, so mostly I give up sleep to work on my Voynich research and even that doesn't give me enough time. C'est la vie.