The Voynich Ninja
[Other] What is Alain Touwaide up to? - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [Other] What is Alain Touwaide up to? (/thread-3361.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: What is Alain Touwaide up to? - -JKP- - 10-12-2020

"Edited by"... so maybe a compilation of essays? Those are the kinds of projects he seems to favor, where other people do the writing and his name is on the cover as editor  Rolleyes 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: What is Alain Touwaide up to? - Koen G - 11-12-2020

Okay so it turns out that these are really catalogues of manuscripts, intended for libraries. False alarm!

RE: What is Alain Touwaide up to? - Koen G - 02-07-2021

I still wonder what came of this. Going as planned? Postponed? Even if his undertaking failed, it would still be interesting to know what he was looking for and why it didn't work out.

RE: What is Alain Touwaide up to? - bi3mw - 27-09-2021

It seems questionable whether Alain Touwaide will find the time to deal with the VMS for the time being. He seems to be very busy elsewhere at the moment.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: What is Alain Touwaide up to? - Koen G - 06-04-2022

Quote:COVID-19 and the move of our library required all our attention and we had to change our plans… it’s now time to return to the analysis of the #Voynichmanuscript! 

Siloé Arte y Bibliofilia

This was posted to their Facebook, along with pictures of Touwaide comparing VM plants to other herbal illustrations.

RE: What is Alain Touwaide up to? - Koen G - 09-04-2022

They commented that it is for "a volume of commentary for a facsimile of the manuscript", adding this link : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I'm not sure I understand, isn't this the one that was published 5 years ago? Maybe they want to bring renewed interest to it with a new commentary?

RE: What is Alain Touwaide up to? - LisaFaginDavis - 10-04-2022

Rene and I are also contributing to this commentary volume, although I'm not sure what the timetable is for publication.

RE: What is Alain Touwaide up to? - ReneZ - 10-04-2022

(09-04-2022, 09:05 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.They commented that it is for "a volume of commentary for a facsimile of the manuscript", adding this link : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I'm not sure I understand, isn't this the one that was published 5 years ago? Maybe they want to bring renewed interest to it with a new commentary?

This was supposed to be completed much earlier, but due to various circumstances (Covid included) it got delayed.

RE: What is Alain Touwaide up to? - MarcoP - 10-04-2022

Wow, I am looking forward to this, so many of my favourite researchers in a single book!