The Voynich Ninja
Sphere of Life and Death Cipher? - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Sphere of Life and Death Cipher? (/thread-3308.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Sphere of Life and Death Cipher? - -JKP- - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 01:06 AM)Barbrey Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Yes, I'm now more inclined to see it as the primary number system - for numbers not letters- I've been looking at the numbers on the rosette page and since I had identified the middle horizontal series as  8 a r, (8,7,5) and noticed the iii that feeds into it from both sides, I was struck by the 8 aiii with an r or v/d shape at the end.  Could this be similar to roman numerals but instead of before and after numerals we have an r or v shape signifying forward and backwards?  Have yu noticed this before, or can direct me to someone who has?

I've written some blogs on numeric subjects and the VMS. Here are two of the ones most relevant to your question:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

But I am far from having any kind of theory. What I have is sheets and sheets of possibilities and there are so many potential ways of exploring it (and so many possible languages that numerals might possibly map to) that it's a bit overwhelming and hard to know where to start. So... there is plenty of fertile land for experimentation.

RE: Sphere of Life and Death Cipher? - MichelleL11 - 10-08-2020

(10-08-2020, 01:45 AM)Barbrey Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I would really love to be pointed towards statistical data that makes a difference - or did to long-time Voynich researchers - and rosette page research that deals with its number symbolism, and its own Christian or her.etical symbolism as a composite system like a sphere of life and death in that it deals with with the life/birth/resurrection cycle, and meshing, of spirit and body/form. 

Hi, Barbrey:
I am not aware of a publication that specifically deals with symbolism in the Voynich, but there is a lot of statistical information about the text and how the different glyphs, words, and word patterns related to each other that make it clear why solving the text has been so difficult.  In my opinion, it is in your best interests to truly understand the relationships between the glyphs to each other, the glyphs to the words that are formed, the words to each other, and the words to the page, and the pages to each other to fully understand the issues in solving this.

I just recently started studying (something to do during COVID lockdown) and got most of my beginning information from Rene Z's website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and branched out from there.  There are a number of websites, like JKP's (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.) that have lots of good information.  I have learned a lot from Nick Pelling's (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.), Koen's (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.), Vview's (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.), Elmar Vogt's (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.), Emma Smith-May's (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.) websites and Marco Ponzi's work on medium (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.).  There is also a bunch of information on Steven Bax's website, 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..

There are also numerous other blogs that could be useful but I just can't list them all here and sadly, some blogs that are gone or private that I would like or would have liked to have read, so I'm going to stop.   I am sure you will be able to poke around and happen across lots of other information that may be closer to your interests, especially when you have internet back.

Since you said you would be interested in a download -- which I can understand if you're without internet, a book that I have not read but feel comfortable recommending is Julian Bunn's: 

He also has a website, which is more technical, at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., that is not being actively updated now.  But his book might be exactly what you are looking for.

Let us know how it goes!