The Voynich Ninja
[split] Aga Tentakulus' Logical System - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: [split] Aga Tentakulus' Logical System (/thread-3168.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

[split] Aga Tentakulus' Logical System - Aga Tentakulus - 25-04-2020

In 2012 I have started an attempt to work out a logical system with interested people.
Unfortunately they were not very enthusiastic and nobody took part.
Example Taurus / Taurum

taurus / taurum  = tus / tum  = 8g ?

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]     [/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]     [/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Now we play with the signs and front the system a little[/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]     [/font][/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Possibly a confirmation[/font][/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]     [/font][/font][/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]If I follow the thread, I'll get one of these.[/font][/font][/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]     [/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]1. it is not important whether right or wrong, but a system is emerging
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

2. nobody would create a system just to make a blah blah blah.

3. therefore I can assume that this is a meaningful text.

4. I must assign the images in the VM correctly, so that I know in which topic I have to compare the text.

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]This was a small part of my work.[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Sorry if I overloaded your site.[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]

RE: qo- vord formation - Stephen Carlson - 25-04-2020

(25-04-2020, 07:28 AM)Aga Tentakulus Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.In 2012 I have started an attempt to work out a logical system with interested people.
Just a warning: Google translate is terrible with Latin. German Baum is Latin arbor, not lignum. And Latin lignum is not German Baum but Holz.

RE: qo- vord formation - Aga Tentakulus - 25-04-2020

@Stephen Carlson
You're right about the Google translator. I actually only use it for whole sentences. Since other electronic translators only use words.
But I always use several electronic versions for single words. Sometimes I have to resort to books.
I have become careful.
Example for nonsense.

RE: qo- vord formation - -JKP- - 25-04-2020

Aga, when 9 is at the beginning of a word (in Latin), it doesn't mean "um".

The interpretation of the abbreviation depends on whether it is at the beginning or end.

@JKP
I'm not talking about Latin per se either, but about the system.
If 9 at the end means singular, it can also have the same function at the front. Single = 1 = one.
But if the 9 belongs directly to the word, it can take over another function. But you only know this when you know the whole system.
For me it is sure, if I separate the 9 from the word, the word makes sense. 75%.
The same applies to "o". Hits 80%.
Example:

Back to the "q"
Tests have shown me that I have to look at it in a differentiated way.
It can, and it can't, or both.
If I also consider the "q" as "4", it works. I see the problem here more in the hand than in the system.

Finally, I have to say, it is my way to get on the trail of encryption.
Maybe this will give new thoughts to the manuscript and should be understood as a suggestion. So we have in the current situation ( Corona ) rather time to think about it.
Sometimes there are interesting results, whether right or wrong, but certainly interesting in relation to the images.
The exclusion procedure is pretty much the longest way to go. But I do it.

(25-04-2020, 06:10 PM)Aga Tentakulus Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.@JKP
I'm not talking about Latin per se either, but about the system.
If 9 at the end means singular, it can also have the same function at the front. Single = 1 = one.
But if the 9 belongs directly to the word, it can take over another function. But you only know this when you know the whole system.
For me it is sure, if I separate the 9 from the word, the word makes sense. 75%.

I understand you are discussing a system, but if you use the Latin 9 at the end of tokens (which you are), then you must consider WHY the 9 abbreviation is different when it is at the beginning. It is because this translation of the 9 symbols does not occur at the beginnings of words in relation to the rest of the structure of the word. It means something different because common prefixes in natural languages are different from word endings. So "um" does not occur in the same proportion. Not in Latin, not in other Romance languages and not in Germanic languages. For that reason, it doesn't make much sense to turn 9 into "um" at the beginning of the word in this particular way.

Also, the 9 abbreviation in Latin is very flexible. It can be um, em, us, es. At the beginning it can be com, con, and a few others.

You are not using it in a flexible way, which means your translation of VMS tokens will be extremely repetitious throughout the VMS.

(25-04-2020, 06:37 PM)Aga Tentakulus Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Finally, I have to say, it is my way to get on the trail of encryption.
Maybe this will give new thoughts to the manuscript and should be understood as a suggestion. ...

There are numerous people who have tried to resolve the VMS text into language using the same Latin concepts you are using, but they have not had much success in creating grammatical text. Even those who are very familiar with medieval Latin concepts have had difficulty getting full sentences.

You try to find a meaning in Latin.
But you should think from the system to Latin.
Find another way.
Think Alemannic, create system, write Latin.
You're already going too far in the details.
It tells me there has to be a system, it's a natural language and it's solvable.