The Voynich Ninja
[Interview] Voynich Ninja interview with Lisa Fagin Davis - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [Interview] Voynich Ninja interview with Lisa Fagin Davis (/thread-3141.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Voynich Ninja interview with Lisa Fagin Davis - Koen G - 02-04-2020

The interview is online!
[Because of difficulties logging in to the Voynich Ninja YouTube account, I uploaded the video to my own account]

I really enjoyed the chat with Lisa, her energetic personality is a blessing for the inexperienced interviewer. Also I felt like I could keep asking her questions for ten more videos and keep getting interesting answers, but I had to stop it at some point...

Enjoy!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

(By the way Lisa, I only noticed your special coffee mug afterwards, when editing the footage, otherwise I would have commented Doh )

RE: Voynich Ninja interview with Lisa Fagin Davis - Mark Knowles - 02-04-2020

(02-04-2020, 07:28 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Sorry, I didn't realise it moved here.

RE: Voynich Ninja interview with Lisa Fagin Davis - MichelleL11 - 03-04-2020

Thank you Lisa and Koen for a very interesting conversation.

I ran across this article which discusses the outward signs of a manuscript being produced by dictation and thought you might be interested, Lisa, given your interest in the spoken early Turkish theory.

I have to admit that l don’t see any of these “signs” in the Voynich MS - but maybe your closer inspection has come across these.  Pity there aren’t two copies of the VMS to compare to each like in the linked article.  Thanks again!  MichelleL11

RE: Voynich Ninja interview with Lisa Fagin Davis - -JKP- - 03-04-2020

I very much enjoyed this video, very interesting insights, and I must say, Dr. Fagin Davis's enthusiasm for her subject matter is infectious.

RE: Voynich Ninja interview with Lisa Fagin Davis - ReneZ - 03-04-2020

Very interesting indeed! Many thanks to Koen for having organised this.

RE: Voynich Ninja interview with Lisa Fagin Davis - doranchak - 03-04-2020

Thanks for putting this together!  I look forward to watching it.

RE: Voynich Ninja interview with Lisa Fagin Davis - Koen G - 03-04-2020

One of the things that stuck with me is that apparently the foldouts are now in such a bad condition that they are not allowed to be opened anymore. With that in mind it may after all be a good idea to make better scans of the foldouts specifically.

Also that Lisa is thinking about further research about different hands in the illustrations as well, which is one if the things I'm particularly interested in.

RE: Voynich Ninja interview with Lisa Fagin Davis - -JKP- - 03-04-2020

She can check out if the eyeball boobs are a different hand from most of the others (I suspect they are). :-)

Also, there MIGHT be two styles of faces, the more common faces and the forehead-hump faces, BUT there are places where the rest of the face looks the same so perhaps the forehead-hump is simply a variation.

I have a fairly large database of faces from manuscripts, more than when I blogged about it. I should probably post them.

RE: Voynich Ninja interview with Lisa Fagin Davis - DONJCH - 03-04-2020

Fascinating, thank you both very much!

RE: Voynich Ninja interview with Lisa Fagin Davis - LisaFaginDavis - 03-04-2020

Thank you so much, Koen! It was a real pleasure speaking with you. And yes, thank you for noticing the mug. It was a gift from Prof. Bowern at Yale!