The Voynich Ninja
I found something... - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Provenance & history (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-44.html)
+--- Thread: I found something... (/thread-3111.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: I found something... - -JKP- - 29-04-2021

(29-04-2021, 08:41 PM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
And the text does not correspond... the differences are not small, really

I guess you're right Anton. They aren't small from the point of view of interpreting or deciphering them. From the point of view of explaining a concept (I don't know what it would be), it's probably adequate, so it depends very much upon WHY they copied it.

RE: I found something... - davidjackson - 29-04-2021

When was your Salani illustrator active?

You want me to give you the punchline before I have posted my research?  Confused

It took took me years to figure it out. I would like the opportunity to explain how I got there.   Wink

RE: I found something... - davidjackson - 29-04-2021

21st century TV attention span, me! Big Grin

LOL!  Big Grin Rolleyes Dodgy Big Grin

RE: I found something... - Linda - 29-04-2021

Same (attention span). I hope you explain before I forget my interest lol

RE: I found something... - tavie - 30-04-2021

(29-04-2021, 09:02 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You want me to give you the punchline before I have posted my research?  Confused

It took took me years to figure it out. I would like the opportunity to explain how I got there.   Wink

Well...then why post this before you're ready?  People are naturally going to ask after all this deliberate build-up of suspense...

RE: I found something... - -JKP- - 30-04-2021

(30-04-2021, 01:12 AM)tavie Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(29-04-2021, 09:02 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
You want me to give you the punchline before I have posted my research?  Confused

Well...then why post this before you're ready?  People are naturally going to ask after all this deliberate build-up of suspense...

Because it's not possible to release it all at once. It's too much information. Finding something and describing it are too different things. I've spent 13 years working on this. Would you prefer that I say nothing and release a mountain a year from now? Or would you prefer that I post it as I get the illustrations and text put together?

RE: I found something... - ReneZ - 30-04-2021

But the Salani copy is from 2013, or thereabouts, so this is not just about that, correct?

RE: I found something... - -JKP- - 30-04-2021

Right.

It's all connected. The drawing, the drawing styles, the paleography timelines. All pieces of a bigger puzzle.

I don't know what all the pieces mean yet, but I have a lot of them. One of the difficulties is describing it. For example, if you want to explain something about Latin to someone who knows Latin, it might take 10 minutes. If you try to explain the same thing to someone who knows nothing about Latin, it might take 4 months, because they need background information first.

I'm trying to find the middle ground so that what I have is comprehensible but also accurate.