The Voynich Ninja
I found something... - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Provenance & history (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-44.html)
+--- Thread: I found something... (/thread-3111.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: I found something... - Helmut Winkler - 24-02-2020

Sounds like Sexton Blake to me, I hope we won't find a dead body withe the sign of the Black Hand on him

RE: I found something... - nickpelling - 24-02-2020

I'm too busy posting what I find as I find it to worry about being mysterious.

RE: I found something... - -JKP- - 24-02-2020

I can't seem to get a good find-something:time-it-takes-to-post-about-it ratio.

I'll try to figure out another way to do it.

RE: I found something... - Davidsch - 28-02-2020

I've found out that posting almost nothing here, gave me the time needed to find something, where nobody had the time

RE: I found something... - -JKP- - 28-04-2021

OMG, I started this thread more than a year ago. I'm still trying to write it up. What I found was the illustrator who created the Fabrizio drawing. I'm about 90% sure. The style is distinctive (we Voynich researchers got very lucky that he didn't faithfully copy the Voynich root and added the kind he usually draws or I would never have found him).

One of the reasons it is taking so long (in addition of lack of free time) is because I also wanted to uncover his name. A few of the illustrators/engravers of this period are known by name, but most of them are not. They give them names like "the Master of the ______ Book of Hours" if they can recognize the style but don't have a name.

I don't think his name is available or I probably would have found it. The information on my chart (this is only a portion of it) took several years to compile and it's only the tip of the iceberg. I can't post it as an academic article because that requires adding citations and it's basically impossible, there would be thousands. How do you write up an article with thousands of citations? Also, I haven't double-checked some of the sources (I tried to stick with trusted/reputable sources, but they still have to be verified).

I have timelines to go with most of this. I have paleographical research to go with it as well (which will probably also take a couple of years to write up). For years what I mostly did was gather and then suddenly I was familiar enough with the subject that I started finding things all over the place. It was like a snowstorm and I currently feel overwhelmed by the amount of information I have to pummel into readable form.

Anyway, here is a teaser that illustrates how I managed to connect the illustrator of the Fabrizio drawing with the VMS, and this is only a small portion of the chart. You can't see them in this zoom-out version, they're too thin, but there are lines connecting people and events:

[Image: FabrizioTeaser.png]

RE: I found something... - Koen G - 28-04-2021

Call me ignorant, but what was the Fabrizio drawing again?

RE: I found something... - Anton - 28-04-2021

(28-04-2021, 08:38 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Call me ignorant, but what was the Fabrizio drawing again?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: I found something... - -JKP- - 28-04-2021

I posted a short blog on the Fabrizio Salani drawing, but it may not be visible on the Blogosphere yet, so here is a link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: I found something... - Koen G - 28-04-2021

Riiight, I knew I was supposed to know it. Very intriguing JKP, I am curious to learn about your search. I wouldn't even know how to get started on such a task.

RE: I found something... - Linda - 29-04-2021

(23-02-2020, 10:19 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I found something. 

Waiting for more details. Wondering on the timeliness...