The Voynich Ninja
[Conference] Alchemy conference in Vienna - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [Conference] Alchemy conference in Vienna (/thread-3053.html)

Alchemy conference in Vienna - ReneZ - 19-01-2020

From 19-21 February 2020, the beautiful city of Vienna will host the International symposium “Alchemical Laboratories. Practices, texts, material relics”.

Here is the web page with the most relevant information:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I am planning / hoping to attend.
This is, of course, only marginally related with the Voynich MS. Perhaps.

RE: Alchemy conference in Vienna - bi3mw - 19-01-2020

Unfortunately in German, a compact preliminary report on the find in Oberstockstall:

Glass and Alchemy in Early Modern Europe: An Analytical Study of Glassware from the Oberstockstall Laboratory in Austria:

RE: Alchemy conference in Vienna - ReneZ - 25-01-2020

A bit more news:

I will indeed attend and I will be happy to meet again with Rafal Prinke, who has contributed much to our understanding of the history of the Voynich MS.

There will be a presentation by Stefan Guzy, who will address the sales of books to Rudolf II. This also addresses the Voynich MS.

I have a poster about text processing, in the 'digital humanities' area.

RE: Alchemy conference in Vienna - -JKP- - 25-01-2020

(25-01-2020, 11:46 AM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
A bit more news:

There will be a presentation by Stefan Guzy, who will address the sales of books to Rudolf II. This also addresses the Voynich MS.

This sounds very interesting.

RE: Alchemy conference in Vienna - ReneZ - 25-01-2020

(25-01-2020, 02:14 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.This sounds very interesting.

It will be. (Testing the newly discovered in-line reply function - works like a charm)

RE: Alchemy conference in Vienna - bi3mw - 27-01-2020

Here is another interesting link to the alchemist workshop. Among others three persons are mentioned who could be considered as possible alchemists.

RE: Alchemy conference in Vienna - ReneZ - 20-02-2020

Just a short note from Vienna. Even while I am attending only part-time, it is a great event.

Alas, the highly interesting presentation about books sold to Rudolf was canceled due to sickness of the author. We will have to wait for another occasion where it will be presented / published.

More interesting stuff on today's programme!

RE: Alchemy conference in Vienna - Gendo - 19-04-2021

Anyone knows if this event will happen again this year? I wanted to go in 2020, but due to the pandemic the trip to Austria were not allowed. In general, organizing an event nowadays has become a real challenge not only because of the huge impact of COVID-19 in the whole process , but also because you really need a good company to make sure the event runs smooth. My main problem is always getting an You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. that can set up everything for me in advance. Luckily I have some friends who have a company like this and they do it for free for me.