The Voynich Ninja
I Can Read the Voynich MS - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Voynich Talk (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: I Can Read the Voynich MS (/thread-3048.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

I Can Read the Voynich MS - Rebekah - 16-01-2020

Hey Everyone,

I just stopped by to let everyone in the Voynich MS discussion world know that; I recently found a copy of the Voynich MS on the bookshelf in the home where I live (January 10, 2020), and I immediately realized that I could read the strange writing because it is in thee most ancient form of Hebrew dialect every written, and I recognized it the moment that I picked up the book.

It's a sad story filled with the regrets of a young man named 'Poar' (pronounced "Far"; I believe).  It is Poar's account of his crimes against many of the pregnant woman in his homeland and his subsequent banishment from his homeland for these crimes.  This account tells of Poar's entire geneology, and about how Poar has brought great reproach on that lineage because of his crimes and his banishment that ultimately led to Poar's death, far away from his people.

I can read this book and given the next 50 years, I may even be able to have it completely translated by then.

I am looking to have help translating it...as I am not fluent in ancient Hebrew dialect.  But I do know for a fact that the words in the Green Diamond on the bottom left corner of the Map are in fact the Compass Rose directional notations for: North, South, East & West.  With this knowledge, anyone should be able to translate the Voynich MS (given enough time, that is...lol).

If you'd like to help me...hit me up at [snipped by mod]

Much Thanks,

Rebekah

RE: I Can Read the Voynich MS - davidjackson - 16-01-2020

Hi Rebekah and welcome to the forums.
I'm afraid I've had to edit your post to remove the telephone number, we don't allow such personal information to be published on the forum as it is outside of our control to verify it, and we'd fall foul of European data protection laws.
All the best with your theory which I look forwards to examining in more theory shortly.
David

RE: I Can Read the Voynich MS - Rebekah - 16-01-2020

Yeah David, it's not a Theory...I can read this document!

RE: I Can Read the Voynich MS - Koen G - 16-01-2020

Hi Rebekah

There have been at least a hundred people before you who have had the same feeling, in a hundred different ways. So far it remains untranslated.

There are some people here on the forum who are very experienced with the Voynich text, and they can say what may be the problems with your approach. Or maybe confirm that you are the first one who doesn't fall in the same traps as everyone else.

If you are looking for feedback, the best you can do is post an example of how you read the text. If you want people to just believe that you can read the text, you will mostly meet skepticism because well.. each year many people claim they can.

RE: I Can Read the Voynich MS - -JKP- - 16-01-2020

(16-01-2020, 08:35 PM)Rebekah Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view....

can read this book and given the next 50 years, I may even be able to have it completely translated by then.

I am looking to have help translating it...as I am not fluent in ancient Hebrew dialect.  But I do know for a fact that the words in the Green Diamond on the bottom left corner of the Map are in fact the Compass Rose directional notations for: North, South, East & West.  With this knowledge, anyone should be able to translate the Voynich MS (given enough time, that is...lol).

I'm not sure what you mean by green diamond in the bottom-left. This figure on the bottom left is not a diamond nor is it green. In fact, nothing on this folio is green (although there are some splots of slightly greenish-blue):

There is an amber diamond above the bottom-left circle:

Are you referring to this? If not, could you clarify which section you mean?

Ancient Hebrew has been studied by many people, mainly because parts of the original Bible are written in this language. If compass directions are present and readable, why would it take decades to decipher the rest of the manuscript?

RE: I Can Read the Voynich MS - R. Sale - 16-01-2020

Seriously?  That's fabulous!

How is Poar's name written in the Voynich Manuscript?

RE: I Can Read the Voynich MS - -JKP- - 16-01-2020

I keep wondering why someone would add compass points when there is a T-O in the top-right corner.

The only possible reason I can think of so far (other than someone who has a lot of free time and isn't bothered by redundancy) is that if it were a strip map, then orientation could change depending on where you are on the path, and maybe the orientation would be repeated in a second place for clarity for this particular strip.

RE: I Can Read the Voynich MS - Koen G - 17-01-2020

Or if the T-O map is repurposed as something else and a compass is not redundant.

It might be something like the strip map you say though. The text alignment suggests that the map was rotated depending on which part you're looking at, so its a dynamic business.

RE: I Can Read the Voynich MS - Linda - 17-01-2020

(16-01-2020, 08:35 PM)Rebekah Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.It's a sad story filled with the regrets of a young man named 'Poar' (pronounced "Far"; I believe).  It is Poar's account of his crimes against many of the pregnant woman in his homeland and his subsequent banishment from his homeland for these crimes.  This account tells of Poar's entire geneology, and about how Poar has brought great reproach on that lineage because of his crimes and his banishment that ultimately led to Poar's death, far away from his people.

Hi Rebekah, welcome to the forum. Quite a few people have stated they think Hebrew is involved so I am open to that possibility.

I am having a problem with the above since if it is Poar writing the story, how does he tell the story of his own death?
Or are you saying it is written by someone else as though it was a story written by Poar? What is the time and place of the story in your opinion?

Could you give us some examples of pages and their topics, ie does the entire manuscript tell the Poar story? If the story is about pregnant women i can see you getting this from quire 13 and the zodiac, but what about the other circles, plants and text-only pages? Can you read them also?

I have a problem with your saying you can read it, but not translate it, as well. Can you read it aloud? Or do you mean you get the gist of it from the pictures and the look of a word here and there? 

Quote:But I do know for a fact that the words in the Green Diamond on the bottom left corner of the Map are in fact the Compass Rose directional notations for: North, South, East & West. 

If it is the diamond noted above, how does that correlate with modern Hebrew? (I have no experience with Hebrew)

Hebrew translation: North = tzafon, South = darom, East = mizrakh, West = ma'arav.

Or does it have to do with forward, back, left and right? With forward being east?  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Or maybe (morning) sun, desert, sea, mountains  ( seems a bit like like fire air water earth?)

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] “north” צָפֹנָה (pronounced as tsafonah), “south” נֶגְבָּה (negbah), “east” קֵדְמָה (kedmah) and “west” יָמָּה (yamah).
[/font]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

These examples from a quick google search don't seem to match so i don't know which words you mean, can you clarify? I assume you mean Hebrew alphabet representations thereof. But as yet i see no correlations to voynichese. Can you be specific? There is voynichese font in the message tools but it is not working for me or i would put the four words i think you are talking about here to await the Hebrew equivalents.

Sorry for so many questions but i want to understand what you are saying. As has been mentioned, many people claim to read the manuscript, but the lack of ability to translate leaves many of us skeptical, so the more you can tell us the better we can understand you.

RE: I Can Read the Voynich MS - -JKP- - 17-01-2020

Linda Wrote:...[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]“north” צָפֹנָה (pronounced as[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] tsafonah),[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] “south” נֶגְבָּה [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif](negbah), [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]“east” קֵדְמָה [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif](kedmah)[/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] and “west” יָמָּה [/font][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif](yamah)...
[/font]

If the cardinal points are on the diamond, I think it would more likely be qedem (qof dalet mem), teman, yam (yod mem), and tsaphon/tsafon (without the grammatical ending).

But I'm still not completely sure which diamond is meant. If it's the one I posted above (the one above the bottom-left rosette), then these don't match up well with the existing chars regardless of whether they are read left-to-right or right-to-left. Three of the "labels" begin or end with the same glyph and I'm not willing to accept an anagrammed Hebrew translation unless there is HUGE justification and proof for it because Hebrew is an abjad and anagramming could turn it into almost anything.