The Voynich Ninja
Cannons versus Pipes - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Imagery (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: Cannons versus Pipes (/thread-2959.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - -JKP- - 05-10-2019

I have no idea what those are... pipes, chimneys, cannons, siting tubes, ink tubes, spiritual conduits... To me it's an open question until other questions are answered.

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - Mark Knowles - 05-10-2019

(05-10-2019, 05:05 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I have no idea what those are... pipes, chimneys, cannons, siting tubes, ink tubes, spiritual conduits... To me it's an open question until other questions are answered.

Certainly that is the case. I am just putting an idea out there as they often seem to be referred to as "pipes" and I have a different opinion. As far as my own general analysis I obviously have other reasons why I think those are cannons. But I haven't heard anyone else suggest that they are cannons, so I think it is worth sharing that thought.

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - Koen G - 05-10-2019

I agree with JKP. We first have to understand what this foldout is really about. 

It doesn't hurt to test some options of course. They could even be towers. Or they could be intentionally ambiguous.

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - Mark Knowles - 05-10-2019

(05-10-2019, 05:32 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I agree with JKP. We first have to understand what this foldout is really about. 

It doesn't hurt to test some options of course. They could even be towers. Or they could be intentionally ambiguous.

Yes, I have my own ideas about what the foldout is really about, but I thought that specific idea worth sharing more widely as I have not seen it expressed before.

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - -JKP- - 05-10-2019

I just did a very quick and cursory Google search and SantaColoma mentioned cannons and chimneys some time ago but seemed to prefer the idea of sound conduits rather than cannons.

There might be others who have mentioned cannons. I've never really done much searching about other map ideas since I had so many of my own and haven't had time to write up even a tiny fraction of it yet.

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - bi3mw - 05-10-2019

Not for the rosette foldout but in connection with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. a cannon is mentioned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - Monica Yokubinas - 05-10-2019

The letters next to the tubes are "andnaz" translation "Oh, sheath of the spirit, at that time". 
                                                                                a,  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.,   az

Used only once in the Bible, written in Aramaic, in Daniel 7:15 for the word body. Meaning a receptacle for the soul. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. means sheath
This would be the umbilical cord. Wink
For those with inquiring minds who want to know how the bible (king James) language differs from the Aramaic script. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. you can read the Aramaic text. first word direct object not translated, then cut off to make a covenant, "spirit myself daniel into the midst sheaf of the spirit and the visions of my head troubled". VSO order.

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - Monica Yokubinas - 06-10-2019

it is a shame no one understands a lost language like Aramaic.

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - -JKP- - 06-10-2019

(06-10-2019, 01:02 AM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.it is a shame no one understands a lost language like Aramaic.

Languages usually have words that are similar in the regions nearby (unless it's a purely nomadic people, which most of them weren't by the Middle Ages), so even dead languages can be reconstructed and understood to some extent if there are enough extant examples.

RE: Cannons versus Pipes - Stephen Carlson - 06-10-2019

(06-10-2019, 01:02 AM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.it is a shame no one understands a lost language like Aramaic.
Lots of people have studied Aramaic, and there are good online resources like the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..