The Voynich Ninja
[Conference] 2019 Symposium on Cryptologic History - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [Conference] 2019 Symposium on Cryptologic History (/thread-2851.html)

2019 Symposium on Cryptologic History - doranchak - 15-07-2019

The program for this conference has been released:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

There is one Voynich talk:

Quote:Dr. Gregor Damschen - A Fibonacci-Based Lunisolar Calendar in the Voynich Manuscript (Beinecke MS 408, f68r3)

Folio 68r3 of the Voynich Manuscript (Beinecke MS 408) has meaningful content. The numbers of stars of the circle image encode a Fibonacci-based formula which allows to synchronize synodic lunar months and tropical sun years. This presentation will present this explanation in detail, thus proving the manuscript itself is not a hoax.

RE: 2019 Symposium on Cryptologic History - Koen G - 15-07-2019

This actually sounds interesting.

RE: 2019 Symposium on Cryptologic History - bi3mw - 15-07-2019

I think it was Dr. Damschen who has offered a transcription of 116v ( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. ).

RE: 2019 Symposium on Cryptologic History - Monica Yokubinas - 15-07-2019

(15-07-2019, 09:41 PM)bi3mw Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I think it was Dr. Damschen who has offered a transcription of 116v ( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. ).
Not trying to promote my translation, but i put this up last year. I do need to make a few changes but it reads like a Jewish diaspora. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. 
Hopefully the link will work, otherwise all translations are on academia.edu because i show how it was done on this and the first page.

RE: 2019 Symposium on Cryptologic History - bi3mw - 30-09-2019

I have asked Dr. Damschen by e-mail whether he would provide me with documents from his presentation. In his reply he writes that a longer, scientific publication is planned:

Quote:( Translated  from German )

Dear Mr. .....,

Thank you for your message. If you wish, I can send you my presentation as soon as I present it at the NSA-CCH Symposium on Cryptologic History. You just have to promise me not to pass it on without my consent. It is planned to publish a longer version scientifically soon.

Best regards

Gregor Damschen

RE: 2019 Symposium on Cryptologic History - Davidsch - 30-09-2019

I would be very surprised if a 116v transcript has anything to do with cryptology

RE: 2019 Symposium on Cryptologic History - -JKP- - 30-09-2019

I'm always interested in new points of view, so I look forward to seeing what Dr. Damschen has to say about this (especially folio 68r).

As for 116v being cryptological, I'm not sure. Sometimes I think maybe yes, if the letters have been "processed" somehow, but there are so many charrms and incantations in medieval literature that don't make much sense and are often just strings of words and angel or demon names that it's possible there is nothing cryptological about it.