The Voynich Ninja
NSA declassified documents on the Voynich Manuscript - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Voynich Talk (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: NSA declassified documents on the Voynich Manuscript (/thread-2824.html)

NSA declassified documents on the Voynich Manuscript - Monica Yokubinas - 21-06-2019

I thought some of you would like to see what the NSA has declassified from correspondence to analysis.... It's is a lot to go through.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: NSA declassified documents on the Voynich Manuscript - nablator - 21-06-2019

(21-06-2019, 07:26 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I thought some of you would like to see what the NSA has declassified from correspondence to analysis.... It's is a lot to go through.

I get "access denied" on everything. It looks like the files were moved (again).

RE: NSA declassified documents on the Voynich Manuscript - ReneZ - 21-06-2019

It works for me...

RE: NSA declassified documents on the Voynich Manuscript - nablator - 21-06-2019

(21-06-2019, 08:13 PM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.It works for me...
Now it does.

RE: NSA declassified documents on the Voynich Manuscript - Koen G - 21-06-2019

It's funny that D'Imperio already wrote in the late 70's: 
Quote:...since so many other approaches to the problem posed by the Voynich Manuscript have been fraught with subjectivity and self-delusion...

RE: NSA declassified documents on the Voynich Manuscript - Monica Yokubinas - 22-06-2019

(21-06-2019, 09:51 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.It's funny that D'Imperio already wrote in the late 70's: 
Quote:...since so many other approaches to the problem posed by the Voynich Manuscript have been fraught with subjectivity and self-delusion...

Captain Prescott Currier was correct in the fact that the writing and script for at least 2 distinct patterns. (I know. I'm talking from my translations) but the translations go from a very simple script, talking about Yaya or grandmother weaver's experiences etc... to a very complex sentences with difficult blends, and complex word usage. So either a child? wrote in the beginning and later as an adult, or multiple hands created the Manuscript. Something to think about.

RE: NSA declassified documents on the Voynich Manuscript - Common_Man - 22-06-2019

(22-06-2019, 12:19 AM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(21-06-2019, 09:51 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.It's funny that D'Imperio already wrote in the late 70's: 

Captain Prescott Currier was correct in the fact that the writing and script for at least 2 distinct patterns. (I know. I'm talking from my translations) but the translations go from a very simple script, talking about Yaya or grandmother weaver's experiences etc... to a very complex sentences with difficult blends, and complex word usage. So either a child? wrote in the beginning and later as an adult, or multiple hands created the Manuscript. Something to think about.

Or maybe it tells you that your whole translation is plain wrong..

I don't want to sound too negative (and basically I also have a concept about the manuscript that is most probably too far off) but does your translation give you any indication to check if you're getting closer to or farther away from a sensible, meaningful final output? The above mentioned situation seems to be good enough to look back at your methods, make corrections and keep perfecting your idea.. Confused (coupled with the fact that there's no correlation between the translations and the imagery, which may be intentional, so I wouldn't put too much weightage on that)

RE: NSA declassified documents on the Voynich Manuscript - -JKP- - 22-06-2019

Monica is using a consistent method, so I'm not sure there's anything to "correct". To do so would be to add a layer of expectation/assumption and subjective interpretation.

Also, some of her translations do appear to correlate with the imagery (not all, but we don't know what we're dealing with yet in the VMS).

Whether people like her idea or not, it's better than most claimed solutions.

RE: NSA declassified documents on the Voynich Manuscript - Monica Yokubinas - 22-06-2019

(22-06-2019, 06:06 AM)Common_Man Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(22-06-2019, 12:19 AM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Or maybe it tells you that your whole translation is plain wrong..

I don't want to sound too negative (and basically I also have a concept about the manuscript that is most probably too far off) but does your translation give you any indication to check if you're getting closer to or farther away from a sensible, meaningful final output? The above mentioned situation seems to be good enough to look back at your methods, make corrections and keep perfecting your idea.. Confused (coupled with the fact that there's no correlation between the translations and the imagery, which may be intentional, so I wouldn't put too much weightage on that)

I'm not good at explanations, but i'll try to clarify why Currier was correct. I'll also need to add this to my paper, so thank you for the critique.
'compare the pages of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. . There are 2 distinct styles of writing used. Without having to know what it says, look for the 4 following glyphs: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
On You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. with 5/6 paragraphs the glyphs are only used 4 times. Compared to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. in 2 paragraphs those same glyphs are used 20 times. 

As to the plant pages, many botanical plants were not properly drawn for accuracy until the later 15th century. Some of the 'cartoonish' looking plants drawn, are more of a 'description' in the drawing, instead of the accurate look of the plant.