The Voynich Ninja
M. Yokubinas translation - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: M. Yokubinas translation (/thread-2761.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - -JKP- - 05-05-2019

(04-05-2019, 09:55 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You alright JKP? Tongue

LOL!

Seems there are a lot of VMS thorn-bush-like plants that like to spin.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 05-05-2019

(05-05-2019, 05:45 AM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(04-05-2019, 09:55 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You alright JKP? Tongue

LOL!

Seems there are a lot of VMS thorn-bush-like plants that like to spin.

Hebrew root word definitions could also simply mean bush You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. an extended definition could be woodland.
Hebrew root word definitions for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. had an Arab definition as to twisted bowels meaning hungry. 
Whatever the language is, it has Semitic roots.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - -JKP- - 05-05-2019

Hebrew is an abjad.

If you break down syllables into two- or three-character chunks, it's not difficult to turn them into words because whatever vowels are needed to make the root readable would be assumed.

Monica, it would make sense to translate a page from each section (dense text at the end, "bio" pages, "pool" pages, "cosmo" pages).

(05-05-2019, 04:44 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hebrew is an abjad.

If you break down syllables into two- or three-character chunks, it's not difficult to turn them into words because whatever vowels are needed to make the root readable would be assumed.

Monica, it would make sense to translate a page from each section (dense text at the end, "bio" pages, "pool" pages, "cosmo" pages).

I will scan my notes on them and upload... Trust me, I have been jumping all over this book to check and check and check to make sure it was not a fluke.

(05-05-2019, 06:34 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(05-05-2019, 04:44 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hebrew is an abjad.

I will scan my notes on them and upload... Trust me, I have been jumping all over this book to check and check and check to make sure it was not a fluke.

Last paragraph of page 116r, reads like a Jewish Diaspora. (notes are my own research/thoughts) Gaza strip is called a Gaza facet. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. Beginning of bath pages 75r incomplete as lines in the upper part started skipping You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. Page 101 is not plant names but what the plants are used for. Incomplete as I have not completed. "Lightening mouth child" would be coughing as it talks of killing mucus. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. Page 103 first starred paragraph incomplete You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. Page 67v first of the folio with angelic/ theban alphabet at the corners. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  Page 68r with a few guesses on what some might be You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. 
Page 68 (forgot letter) last star chart with sun in center You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  and lastly a few pages from the 9 circle rosette folio You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. If you need more let me know, and thank you for vetting the translations.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - -JKP- - 06-05-2019

Monica, I'm having trouble with the f68 star chart.

You transliterated doaro as rasna (ראסנא), but your Hebrew letters underneath (רצה) don't match.

The next one oalcheol as aszyf az, but your Hebrew letters ( אז אסף) don't quite match this either (should be אז אסזייף).

A lot of them on this section don't match and I've noticed several of them, if they are transliterated according to your system do not match any Hebrew words.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 06-05-2019

(06-05-2019, 02:26 AM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Monica, I'm having trouble with the f68 star chart.

You transliterated doaro as rasna (ראסנא), but your Hebrew letters underneath (רצה) don't match.

The next one oalcheol as aszyf az, but your Hebrew letters ( אז אסף) don't quite match this either (should be אז אסזייף).

A lot of them on this section don't match and I've noticed several of them, if they are transliterated according to your system do not match any Hebrew words.

The 'sn' letters in the voynich 9/10 times will match with the tsadi, similar vibration in the vocalization. 
The next one is probably the closed match i could find sound wize when i was working on it, and some things i need to go back and look at again. The Hebrew is not a letter per letter match like the english, but a phonetic one of actual words/or root words.
This is probably a scanned first attempt, from many months back. I usually do these a few times before coming to a conclusion and then still find changes. lol I'll go back and see if i can find time to work on today.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 08-05-2019

(06-05-2019, 11:04 AM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(06-05-2019, 02:26 AM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Monica, I'm having trouble with the f68 star chart.

The 'sn' letters in the voynich 9/10 times will match with the tsadi, similar vibration in the vocalization. 
The next one is probably the closed match i could find sound wize when i was working on it, and some things i need to go back and look at again. The Hebrew is not a letter per letter match like the english, but a phonetic one of actual words/or root words.
This is probably a scanned first attempt, from many months back. I usually do these a few times before coming to a conclusion and then still find changes. lol I'll go back and see if i can find time to work on today.

Here is the updated page for 68f You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. Work was done counter clockwise.
The Red circled letter is one of the blends I have been working on and was able to finalize a conclusion, sort of, after going through this page again. The open symbol is the Thav, while the closed one circled is a blend of 'rth' or 'rsh' sound. The exact definition i will have to work on further, because it is giving a double RR sound as well. 
Underlined blank spots are where even with higher resolution, i cannot make out an exact symbol. and the 2 stars in the chart could either be a 'B' or an 'N' at the end of the word, because the Voynich symbol is unclear. 

Everyone knows/assumes that the 7 starred word would be for Pleiades, and i agree. The words are for "bridle of gathering" and Pleiades was known as the cluster/storeroom. "Kimah: a cluster (כימה). (Hebrew)

Al-Thurayya: a cluster (الثريا). (Arabic)"    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
The star next to it would be Aldebaran because it follows/ ally / companion of Pleiades. "The name Aldebaran (pronounced /ælˈdɛbərən/) comes from the Arabic word al-dabarān, meaning “the follower.” The name refers to the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.), which the star appears to be following across the sky." You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Arcturus was known as the watcher or guardian since the time of Hesiod, and later changed to Arcturus as the guardian of the bear. "'The traditional name Arcturus derives from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. Ἀρκτοῦρος (Arktouros) and means "Guardian of the Bear",You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.ultimately from ἄρκτος (arktos), "bear"You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and οὖρος (ouros), "watcher, guardian".You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. It has been known by this name since at least the time of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.""

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 24-05-2019

I think i finally solved the riddle of why the stars do not always match what/ how we perceive they should. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  I have to redo my notes because they are now a mess, but some of the star name Voynich words match words similar in arabic, serian or Hebrew for the 4 guardian stars.

Every illustration tells a story - Monica Yokubinas - 06-07-2019

Every illustration on the botanical pages, tells a story in its exaggerated depiction. Take for example f34v. The plant is a heartwort, used as a pot herb, but the roots are exaggerated to depict 2 deer. Heartwort was eaten by female deers after giving birth, so this aided in its story, so another would know exactly which plant they were describing. Here is my translation of the page.

To give peace, I rest a beautiful preserved rest. The lion of preserved calm rest, a foundation I rest, of temple rest, long live the seed, come sweep away, watch like a grave the resting seed. Grave of the Lord of Seeds to have as a possession, Lord of to grasp the heel of wealth, turn aside and gird oneself in winter. Valley of vision, how long preserved, I run to and fro, at that time I rest. My own thorn bush, how long at that time, a long lived provision. Watcher of the Lord, a messenger in winter in the forest thicket, a beautiful silence in preserved seed.  A handful restraint, heals what? Gird up thorn bush Khazars thorn bush, my own seed Chief sister. Radiant appearance extended with no adversary, preserve the very pretty seed and rest in relief with this weapon. My own seed to plant a garden of beautify silence and sweat. 

Eat heartily of the thorn bush, beautiful thorn bush in the cooking pot like about 1 quart of dry measure. Beauty at that time, wood but sweep away. My own seed kind of plant the thorn bush a beauty in poverty, then poverty. My own seed a beauty of the cold, to remove seeds to rest and cover of the leaves. Market stall they in a trodden place, brother traveler, in the father valley brother thorn bush. Thorn bush, take advantage of swept away, beauty and take away, gird up the head how long? Gird up thorn bush raining on thorn bush a sign. Radiant appearance with tire of the head in beauty, of strength to walk and rest. He rest, beauty rest, cover and I rest this visionary dreamer and enter at that time the impoverished chief. I rest and seek out his rest because Aha! Rest Lord of beauty. I rest they sweep away beauty thorn bush. How long? Dry measure (7 quarts) of seed a sign, but preserved how long? Enter weaver because sweep away leaves of tree and preserve the seed.