The Voynich Ninja
M. Yokubinas translation - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: M. Yokubinas translation (/thread-2761.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Monica Yokubinas - 04-05-2019

(04-05-2019, 04:12 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view."Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."

If this involves signing up for a Facebook group, you'll find there are some who prefer not to do this (including me).

Can you upload them to one of the free image-hosting sites?

I have Facebook for family that live elsewhere, I prefer not to have it as well. Let me find a site.

(04-05-2019, 04:16 PM)Monica Yokubinas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(04-05-2019, 04:12 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view."Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."

If this involves signing up for a Facebook group, you'll find there are some who prefer not to do this (including me).

Can you upload them to one of the free image-hosting sites?

I have Facebook for family that live elsewhere, I prefer not to have it as well. Let me find a site.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  hope this works, if it does i'll add more, a lot more. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - -JKP- - 04-05-2019

Thanks, Monica. I'm sure others will appreciate seeing it also.

I'll take a look on my lunch break.

(04-05-2019, 05:11 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thanks, Monica. I'm sure others will appreciate seeing it also.

I'll take a look on my lunch break.
very welcome. I have over 50 Voynich pages of unscanned notes, but i will keep uploading what is scanned on the plants and adding to the thread. I know i need to make corrections to some, but it is peek into this manuscript.

I can only glance at it right now, I can't look at it in depth until later (maybe not even until tomorrow), but have you equated both the first character and the last character of the first word on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (tshdar) as Hebrew He? I'm looking at the third line, the Hebrew transliteration.

Never mind, I see what you've done. It's broken into two words, so it's Cheth at the beginning and He at the end, yes?

(04-05-2019, 06:59 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I can only glance at it right now, I can't look at it in depth until later (maybe not even until tomorrow), but have you equated both the first character and the last character of the first word on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (tshdar) as Hebrew He? I'm looking at the third line, the Hebrew transliteration.

Took me a minute to understand the Eva glyphs you used. (part of the reason that i do not use) Look at the letter exchange here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. for a better understanding. your second and third Eva glyph are actually a combined blend of 'Yod - Aleph - Yod' to form a single glyph, phonetically emphasizing the ah sound in the blend. 

I write Hebrew from right to left, but kept translation directly under the part used. 
Chet - Yod - Aleph - Yod - Resh - Vav - Nun
Phonetic: chyiahrun
If no phonetically compatible word exists look for root words: Chih = to preserve life + hrn = mountaineer. Prime example of an agglutinative word

Yes, I can see it's written right to left. What threw me for a moment was that you have broken tshdar into tsh dar, but as soon as I realized that then I could see the correspondence between Voynichese and your Hebrew-character translation.

This yields something like "Mountaineer preserves, mountaineer sweeps, rest beauty sweeps, weaver beauty, rest destroyed, rest Lord bow down, seed my own firepot, rest to plant, chief, seed life of, thorn bush to be covered, of fair of be[ing] constrained, little brother, thorn bush gird up, thorn bush strength, I seek refuge, companion thorn bush brother..."

(04-05-2019, 07:41 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Yes, I can see it's written right to left. What threw me for a moment was that you have broken tshdar into tsh dar, but as soon as I realized that then I could see the correspondence between Voynichese and your Hebrew-character translation.

This yields something like "Mountaineer preserves, mountaineer sweeps, rest beauty sweeps, weaver beauty, rest destroyed, rest Lord bow down, seed my own firepot, rest to plant, chief, seed life of, thorn bush to be covered, of fair of be[ing] constrained, little brother, thorn bush gird up, thorn bush strength, I seek refuge, companion thorn bush brother..."

Yes... and it works on every page, or word I have tried. That is how i knew the plants were in Greece, an Island to be specific from translation of the first page to a plant one that talked about the island. Page 14r was the first one i tried and found this plant on the endangered list in Cyprus.

lettuce relieving beauty that which to be heated how  long sweet potato desire restraint of difficult/noble of prudent mountaineer enter spin to wander/turn aside, enter gives how long spin to turn spin sisters see at that time spin to turn aside product (of the tree) wood, cover secret my own open mouth sweep up, thorn bush strength sister of burst forth rest oh sweep up rest seed to be done behold beauty spin to turn ah spin to turn ah delight in to take refuge

restraint to long for spin to turn vigor spin to turn spin to turn gathering spin to turn ah thorn bush to thicken ah

RE: M. Yokubinas translation - Koen G - 04-05-2019

You alright JKP? Tongue