The Voynich Ninja
Word Q13 and Q20 analysis. - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Word Q13 and Q20 analysis. (/thread-2633.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Word Q13 and Q20 analysis. - MarcoP - 27-01-2019

Thank you for the clarification, Wladimir!
I think I understand your point. Of course, there could be many speculative explanation for what you observe.
For instance, Q13A/B and the top of 116r discuss a similar subject (even if the Q13A/B have partially different illustrations and 116 no illustrations at all).
Or, as you say, the script is ambiguous (an abjad or highly abbreviated) causing a high number of homographs.

Something like your Histogram n.7 but for Q13 bifolios could help assess how close Q13A/B are according to your measures.

RE: Word Q13 and Q20 analysis. - ChenZheChina - 28-01-2019

(25-01-2019, 02:47 PM)Linda Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Google translated version seems readable to me

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Thanks, Linda!

I didn’t know that Google Translate could be used in this way!

I read the post, and for:

V(∩)ep  85r1=16,52%

Do you mean that 16.52% of lexicon of f85r1 could be found in epilogue (the last part of f116r)?

RE: Word Q13 and Q20 analysis. - Wladimir D - 28-01-2019

On the contrary. The last paragraph of 116r is taken for the comparison You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..

RE: Word Q13 and Q20 analysis. - ChenZheChina - 28-01-2019

Hi Wladimir.

I see that you mean that 16.52% of lexicon of the epilogue could be found in f85r1.

It seems that we have different meanings for what “base” is.

RE: Word Q13 and Q20 analysis. - Davidsch - 31-01-2019

(25-01-2019, 02:50 PM)Wladimir D Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(25-01-2019, 02:11 PM)Davidsch Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.May i ask what your idea and/or purpose is of publication of these results and this research is, 
and what kind of feedback do you like to receive?
The purpose of the publication is to narrow down the variants of the approach to deciphering VMS, since it is possible to completely eliminate the use of a simple replacement substitution cipher.
Demonstrate once again the proposed “Volume of overlapping information” method, and when the community recognizes its effectiveness, adopt and automate it.
I still have hope for the sensible text of Herbal A and Recipes with banks, otherwise there was no need to copy 1: 1 simplified drawings in the section of containers.

Ok, then I am correct you are demonstrating and not asking for anything.

But, you can never satisfy the "common" vms-interested amateur that likes to think in layman terms. 
Although I agree, that letter substitution can not be the (simple) solution.
In my experience you can never convince them that a "simple letter substitution is impossible" by complex graphs or methods.

RE: Word Q13 and Q20 analysis. - Wladimir D - 01-02-2019

To the adherents of a simple cipher-replacement of characters, I would advise you to compose a text in the intended language, with features of the alternation of words similar to the text Q13.
That's what I got for the Russian language.Маша ела кашу. Кашу ела и Даша. Маша и Даша кашу ели вместе. Саша не ел кашу. Кашу не стал есть и Паша. Паша и Саша ели лапшу. Саша спросил Дашу и Машу:  ”Ваша каша вкусная?” “Вкусная,  вкусная, очень вкусная” -  ответила Маша.

Omitting the punctuation marks, and writing instead of capital letters, lowercase - we get:  маша ела кашу  кашу ела и даша  маша и даша кашу ели вместе саша не ел кашу  кашу не стал есть и паша  паша и саша ели лапшу  саша спросил дашу и машу  ваша каша вкусная  вкусная вкусная  очень  вкусная  ответила маша
Such text can be continued for a very long time, due to the flexibility of the sequence of words in the sentence and a large number of cases in the noun, definitions, pronouns and verb forms in the Russian language. You can easily get word repetitions. With dialogue, you can get a tripling of words. But how to avoid patterns (sequences of several words) for 200 pages in the text? Throw prepositions out of the text, as it was done in practice in telegraph messages, so as not to pay for an additional word? Prepositions have become prefixes and written together? Are there no pronouns in the language? (or how often a pronoun can be omitted and it is defined by the verb form in Spanish).
Each sentence in my example makes sense, but what is this text as a whole? This is a text for children who learn to read and write (text for an ABC book). Wink

Separately for the “illiterate polyglot” version. In this case, there should be an excessive content of templates.