The Voynich Ninja
A single hand, several handwritings - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Library and Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: Codicology and Paleography (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: A single hand, several handwritings (/thread-2585.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

A single hand, several handwritings - MarcoP - 13-12-2018

Five of these ten fragments were written by a single scribe. The other five were written by different people. I will post details in a few days, in case someone wants to have an unbiased look at the scripts. The sources were discussed on this forum, so cheating is fairly easy, if one feels so inclined Smile

RE: A single hand, several handwritings - Koen G - 13-12-2018

Cheating would actually take more effort than giving it an honest try. I'd say the different ones are, in the order I'm noticing them:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

It's harder than I thought. Ideally I would look for larger samples and search for the same word (esse, sunt...). That should make it a bit easier. 
I wouldn't be surprised if I got them all wrong, but you won't learn anything if you're not willing to make a fool of yourself Smile

RE: A single hand, several handwritings - -JKP- - 13-12-2018

(13-12-2018, 07:47 PM)Koen Gh. Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view....
but you won't learn anything if you're not willing to make a fool of yourself Smile

This is actually my basic philosophy. Many times I'd rather try and fail than not try at all. Usually one can learn something.

I'm not into cheating. All you do is cheat yourself out of the experience and it's not really winning if it's cheating, it's just fooling yourself.

I will give it a shot when I get my lunch break (or dinner break) and we'll see what happens.

RE: A single hand, several handwritings - Searcher - 13-12-2018

While I quite not an expert and never tried to do this, I'll make my attempt, as I like such intrigues  Smile
Thus, possibly, the same hand is:

RE: A single hand, several handwritings - davidjackson - 13-12-2018

I've got my guesses written down on a post-it in the office Big Grin 
Good one Marco. I look forwards to seeing the answer.

RE: A single hand, several handwritings - Koen G - 13-12-2018

David you should at least put it in the mods forum Angry

RE: A single hand, several handwritings - -JKP- - 14-12-2018

I can't devote a lot of time to this (more work to finish), but here is my process and my answer:

RE: A single hand, several handwritings - ReneZ - 14-12-2018

I looked at this for a while, and after making some attempt had to conclude that I really had no clue.

RE: A single hand, several handwritings - Wladimir D - 14-12-2018

special "G"     0, 1, 4, 6, 8.

RE: A single hand, several handwritings - DONJCH - 14-12-2018

(14-12-2018, 09:55 AM)Wladimir D Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.special "G"     0, 1, 4, 6, 8.

Arghh spoilers! Angry