The Voynich Ninja
History of the study - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Voynich Talk (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: History of the study (/thread-2545.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: History of the study - ReneZ - 17-11-2018

(17-11-2018, 11:16 AM)VViews Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.... the posts were lost in the Coventry incident ...

No, I think that You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. .

About Stolfi, he was not 'driven away by ad hominems'.
This has been stated in voynich.ninja repeatedly, to the point where people might start believing it, but it has no basis in fact and, obviously, no evidence is provided.
Not sure if this should be considered a rumour, or propaganda.

Stolfi was simply too busy to continue contributing. He was a highly appreciated contributor to the old forum.
I was extremely pleased that he accepted my invitation to give a talk at he 2012 symposium:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: History of the study - VViews - 17-11-2018

Hi ReneZ,
I had just retrieved the link to that post when I saw you had added it!
I wish I could have attended that symposium... All I can find online is Klaus Schmeh's video and article about it. Are there any videos of the other talks out there?

RE: History of the study - ReneZ - 17-11-2018

Hello VViews,

there was a Canadian film crew who (sound) recorded all talks. They asked permission for that and promised that I would get a copy of the sound track. Unfortunately, even though I asked for it several times, I did not get it as this was apparently too difficult.

There's You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..
(In Italian)

RE: History of the study - Searcher - 17-11-2018

I never liked such kind of debates. This is what I consider really a pure waste of time. So, this post is the third and the last on the "theme". 
I personally don't like when a research transforms into a struggle for authority. 
Diane, I think everyone would be glad to see your thread and posts about your research and your methodology in the limits of your theory. 
If someone values your work, it doesn't mean that he or she must reject own ideas, and vice versa, if a researcher develops his theory, it doesn't mean that he fully reject your thought. One can't force someone to believe in one's theory. Mostly every researcher believes in his own theory, if he has it.  Wink

RE: History of the study - Koen G - 17-11-2018

Nobody likes this and it leads nowhere, irrelevant of who's wrong or right. If you want to publish research, do it. If you want to blame people, do so privately. Messy thread, locked.

RE: History of the study - davidjackson - 17-11-2018

Quote:I should like you to re-think your seemingly arbitrary decision against permitting discussion of methodologies,  standards of documentation, or re-consideration of past works and opinions, such as Stolfi's.
Diane, you are taking comments out of context and trying to cause an argument by inventing things that never happened. I did not say you could not discuss methodologies, standards of documentation or re-consider past works. I said that I did not think it necessary to create a new forum to do so, as we already have one and I pointed out that you were welcome to post there.
I DID say that I don't think it appropriate to discuss people's actions, decisions and lives on this forum, especially when they are living. We are not in the business of writing biographies.

As for the rest of your comments, I'm afraid I'm with Koen. Haven't we got some real Voynich research to do?