The Voynich Ninja
[Book] Unraveling the Voynich Codex - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [Book] Unraveling the Voynich Codex (/thread-2388.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Unraveling the Voynich Codex - Anton - 11-09-2018

(11-09-2018, 06:06 AM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.More news releases. I feel like I'm watching a group of academics in an inflatable boat that has a slow leak they simply don't see...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Well, just common promotional activity, and nothing more Smile

RE: Unraveling the Voynich Codex - MarcoP - 06-10-2018

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. is a moderately skeptical review by Michael Stillman (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.). Though the contents of the review are reasonable, the title seems misleading to me: "Two Professors Believe They Have Cracked the Code of the Mysterious Voynich Manuscript". The authors do not claim they have "cracked the code". At the beginning of Chapter 13 (quoting from the preview) they write:

Quote:The Voynich Codex is rich in illustrations, but without doubt the most important part is the text. Clearly, full understanding of the Voynich depends on decipherment. Our efforts have achieved a few tentative successes, but our inability to translate the great bulk of the text has led us to  first analyze the illustrations [...] There is no doubt that the decipherment of the Voynich Codex has been a field of broken dreams, including our own.

RE: Unraveling the Voynich Codex - -JKP- - 06-10-2018

They do claim to have decoded small parts of the text, but the logic is not good and there are errors in translation, and their system only partly works and does not generalize to the rest of the manuscript.

They are quite adamant about some of the plant and animal identifications, but the logic for these identifications is not good either.

They spent many years working on it, but it strikes me as hasty and not well supported.

RE: Unraveling the Voynich Codex - yam0048 - 13-10-2018

(11-09-2018, 08:33 AM)Helmut Winkler Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(11-09-2018, 06:06 AM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.More news releases. I feel like I'm watching a group of academics in an inflatable boat that has a slow leak they simply don't see...

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. or call You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..

Not that it really matters, but here's a working mirror for the article: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: Unraveling the Voynich Codex - -JKP- - 21-08-2019

It's unusual for an academic publisher to post this many corrections:

I didn't purchase the book so I can't download the corrections, but perhaps someone who did buy it can give a short summary of the nature of the changes?