The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - Linda - 10-01-2023

(09-01-2023, 08:09 AM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.We see the female figures in the pipes. They are supposed to go down them. You have to imagine these same figures in the stems and roots of the plants and in the jars.

In my opinion it is the most consistent interpretation with what we see. An iconographic interpretation that relates all parts of the book.

They are the pipes. The pipes are water, the figures are water. You can imagine them to be in the stems and jars and that might still be correct, but i do not think they are addressing plants in quire 13.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 10-01-2023

Are the female figures water? I don't believe it. They carry the water to the plants, which is what we see in Quire 13 and the most coherent. They seem to come out of that kind of canopy that symbolically represents the roof of sky, as Koen Gheuens and Cary Rapaport explain very well in their contribution to the Voynich conference.

It seems evident to me that the female figures are a representation of celestial influences.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 14-01-2023

Much of the Voynich problem is epistemological, and pardon the pedantry. I want to say that approaching the meaning of a 15th century codex with 21st century methods is something that makes little sense. Of course, the sciences of paleography, codicology, linguistics and others are useful. But the meaning, the mentality that reflects any medieval work requires a special approach.

Let us think, for example, of the zodiac man, an illustration that is present in numerous manuscripts from the same time as the Voynich. What does the zodiac man mean? Obviously, the power of the stars over humanity. No one, or almost no one, believes this anymore, but then it was a universal belief. 

I also see in the Voynich reflected the power of the stars. But for that, every time I look through it, I have to make a great effort and try to tune in with the mentality of the men to whom it was addressed.

RE: No text, but a visual code - R. Sale - 17-01-2023

Approach the meaning of a 15th century codex with *15th century* science. One such science was heraldry. Both armorial and ecclesiastical heraldry are combined in historical events. One such event became the origin of a religious tradition.

Compared to other 15th century sciences, like alchemy and astrology, heraldry is far better defined by its set of rules. As such, these standard rules make it a good medium for the communication of certain types of information.

The more that can be done to approach the 15th century perspective, the better.
Astronomy - the VMs cosmos
Mythology - Melusine
Religion - the Agnus Dei

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 23-01-2023

I believe that the Voynich is an authentic and meaningful document and that the problem is that we do not have sufficient knowledge of its underlying philosophy. 

It is good to repeat the parallelism with the contemporary works of Giovanni Fontana. This author used a code of his invention based on the Latin alphabet but not to hide the text, but to highlight that his engineering works required a special code. This is a symbolic script.

In my opinion, the same approach underlies the VM. It is a script of another nature but also symbolic. It doesn't hide anything. For those who know its symbols, the message is clear and visible.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 29-01-2023

Speaking again of Giovanni Fontana's code, what is obvious is that it is made up of lines and circles. I believe that the substantive thing is this composition, rather than the fact that each glyph represents a letter. The code is symbolic, that is, Fontana uses elements of geometry to highlight the fact that his engineering works belong to the scientific world.

I believe that in the case of the Voynich, a contemporary work with those of Fontana, the authors want to explain a natural phenomenon with a scientific language for them. These are astronomical-astrological symbols arranged in the form of words like a language.

As I said in a previous post, much of the Voynich problem is epistemological.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 07-02-2023

The most viable option to penetrate the mystery of the Voynich is to attack its weaknesses, that is, what is singular in the document. Folio 57v has a good number of these singularities.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

It is not just the pattern of symbols repeated four times, which suggests that the circle has been divided into quarters. They are more things. It is the mixture of individual glyphs with grouped glyphs and, above all, the existence of glyphs that we cannot find elsewhere.

What does this all mean? I think it's a good starting point to start thinking differently.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 14-02-2023

I want to insist on what I said before because it seems to me of crucial importance. On folio 57v there are weaknesses that can be attacked. In the Voynich there are very few pages that offer something different and this is one of them.

In the sequence of symbols repeated four times there are up to seven glyphs that we do not see in the thousands of supposed words in the entire codex. What are those rare glyphs that are mixed with others that are frequent in the book? Are they letters, phonemes, numbers, angles? 

I believe that the answer given to this question would mean a great advance in the investigation.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Hider - 14-02-2023

(14-02-2023, 06:59 PM)Antonio Garcia Jimenez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.What are these rare glyphs mixed in with others often found in the book? Letters, phonemes, numbers, angles?
Letters

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 15-02-2023

Letters? Seven letters that we don't see in thousands and thousands of supposed words?

It doesn't seem to make much sense.