The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 17-08-2022

Okay, I think this situation has already been repeated. You can defend what you think, but please don't do it in this thread.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 20-08-2022

That the VM describes the flowers of paradise is a very real possibility. Actually, what the author does is imagine what the plants of the Far East are like.

On medieval maps, the earthly paradise was drawn in the far east, attached to the Earth. In the fifteenth century, with a greater knowledge of the world, paradise was taking off from the Earth, rising, but it was still drawn in the eastern end, as we see in the Fra Mauro map.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

The page of the Rosettes may represent this elevation of the earthly paradise, which is still surrounded by a wall. The luxurious containers of the central circle, similar to those of the so-called pharmacological section, are a good support for this theory. They collect the divine fragrance of the flowers. The contemporary image most similar to these containers is that of the Three Wise Men carrying incense and myrrh to the newborn child.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 24-08-2022

These luxurious containers that appear in the central Rosette have been confused with towers:

But it is evident that they are containers. We see them in the pharmacological section:

But we can be sure that we are not mistaken when we see them in the paintings of the adoration of the Three Wise Men

Obviously, just as the luxurious containers of the Kings carry fragrances as well as gold, those of the VM also serve the same purpose: fragrances

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 25-08-2022

I think I am doing something wrong and the images I have selected are not displayed. I will try it again.

Note that the containers of the pharmacological section can also have claws like those of the central Rosette.

What I mean by this and by its resemblance to the containers of the Three Wise Men is that there is a connection between the Rosettes page and the other parts of the book and that everything has a unity of meaning.

I'm sorry, but I can't get the images to display. No matter. I think that any member of the forum knows what I mean: in the mind of the authors of the VM there is a purpose, all the parts are interrelated in a unity of meaning

RE: No text, but a visual code - bi3mw - 25-08-2022

(25-08-2022, 05:24 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I'm sorry, but I can't get the images to display.
You can also link image snippets with the "Voynich Voyager".

Thanks for the help bi3mw

There is a clear correspondence between the containers, which in my opinion are the luxurious vessels where the fragrances of the flowers of the VM are found.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 26-08-2022

There are about 130 plants in the VM, most of them with flowers. Suppose that, being generous, there is consensus to identify 15% of them, that is, about 20.

What does this mean? For me it means that the author more or less knew how to draw the plants that he knew but that what really mattered to him was painting flowers that he had not seen but that he imagined could exist somewhere.

And if he did this, it is because his interest was not to describe the plants or say what they were used for. Since that was not his purpose, he had no reason to use any known language. I believe that this way of reasoning is the one that can shed some light, if it is also considered that it is consistent with the other parts of the codex.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 29-08-2022

More than once I have commented that no attention is paid to what the Voynich tradition teaches us. When it comes to plant identification, what Georg Baresch (Georgius Barschius) wrote to Kircher is not taken into account.

Baresch, the earliest confirmed owner of the VM, said that the volume contains pictures of exotic plants which have escaped observation here in Germany.

As a member of the court of Emperor Rudolf II, Baresch would presumably have consulted with the best botanists in the empire before saying that. And they, in the seventeenth century, would be better placed than we are to make that claim.

What I mean by this is that the authors of the VM who drew the herbs were not interested in their description, like the herbariums of their time, first because they would not know how to do it and second because their purpose was different: to show how plants receive their virtues of heavenly influences

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 04-09-2022

I would recommend whoever looks at the Voynich for the first time to learn a little about the allegory system of medieval iconography. I say this because it is very easy to be fooled by images.

For example, take a look at this illustration of a contemporary VM codex. Except for the image of the writer Christine de Pizan, which reflects a real woman, all other images are ideals, abstractions.

Something similar happens with the female figures of Quire 13 of the Voynich. They are represented as women, but they are abstractions, a representation of the virtue of the stars.

In Christine de Pizan's illustration the nine muses are inside the fountain of wisdom. In the VM the stars are also inside a fountain, the fountain of life.