The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - Linda - 02-12-2021

(01-12-2021, 09:21 PM)RenegadeHealer Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. 

Does an online pic of the 1499 version exist? That one is evidently a copy made by John Dee in 1591.

Here is the published 1606 version that went onto the banned books list in 1609, and didn't get taken off until 1900

[Image: 00067.jpg]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

What is even more interesting is that these writings were thought to be about magical communications from Earth to the Heavens, much like Antonio's perceived codes from stars to plants. Perhaps there is other information hidden in there also.

RE: No text, but a visual code - bi3mw - 02-12-2021

Are these words to be read individually or are they to form a sentence like "these are the general numbers" ?

RE: No text, but a visual code - MarcoP - 02-12-2021

(02-12-2021, 02:32 PM)bi3mw Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Are these words to be read individually or are they to form a sentence like "these are the general numbers" ?

It's a sentence. I guess it means "the general (i.e. total?) number of the servants that there are".

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 03-12-2021

I do not believe that the VM has anything to do with the Steganography of Trithemius. I believe that the series of o's that we see in f70r1 represent a symbol not the number 0, specifically the symbol of the degree of the sphere or are directly the symbol of the stars. It is a bit like what you see in this contemporary manuscript of the Voynich written in the Armenian alphabet. Mixed with the letters we see the symbols of the sun, the moon and of some planet and also of stars, which must be those series of o's that are seen in the circles.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Hider - 04-12-2021

(01-12-2021, 09:06 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I usually put this image (f70r1) from time to time. For me it is the clue that the criminal left to solve the crime

What we see is: ooooooooo
It is very likely that it is a page number.
1....1 + 10 ... 10 + 1 ... 1 = ?
The low quality of the image does not allow to tell the result accurately.
[Image: image.jpg?ref=f69v_70r2&q=f69v_70r2-716-...06-268-135]

(04-12-2021, 05:05 PM)Hider Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(01-12-2021, 09:06 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I usually put this image (f70r1) from time to time. For me it is the clue that the criminal left to solve the crime

What we see is: ooooooooo
It is very likely that it is a page number.
1....1 + 10 ... 10 + 1 ... 1 = ?
The low quality of the image does not allow to tell the result accurately.
[Image: image.jpg?ref=f69v_70r2&q=f69v_70r2-716-...06-268-135]

RE: No text, but a visual code - Aga Tentakulus - 04-12-2021

Assuming the string means "sol", it might be seen as an hour or days.
Sol = solar, solaris
Sal = sal, salus.
It is a hint, play with the symbols.
One origin is in Taurus/Taurum.

Aside:
The whole thing seems to be a language game or a dialect.

RE: No text, but a visual code - R. Sale - 05-12-2021

Given that you mention 'Voynich' and 'Armenian' in the same sentence, perhaps you already know the diagram of "The Eight Phases of the Moon" from Anania Shirakatsi. This diagram has a structure that can be described as a wheel with eight curved spokes. There is also a twelve-spoke version for a few dollars more. Although Shirakatsi lived long before the VMs, his teachings lived on. A copy of his text was shown to have been in Constantinople in the mid- 1400s. Additionally, emissaries from Constantinople and Trebizond were at the court of Philip the Good, Duke of Burgundy during this time. (The Genoese had been in the Black Sea for more than century, even the Burgundians had reached it.)

The connection is with the structure of the VMs cosmos. The outer part is clearly a similar structure to the wheel with eight curved spokes, a structure for which the historical source is Shirakatsi. The interior of the VMs cosmos appears to have been borrowed from the Paris version of Oresme as suggested by E. Velinska. [BNF Fr. 565]

The merger of separate images is a form of intentional trickery used to disguise the VMs. It is an interesting and effective strategy. Several examples have been identified; the VMs cosmos as above, the VMs mermaid as a combination of mythical Melusine among the sea monsters of Lauber, the Feischi popes hidden on the Zodiac page of White Aries, the combination of VMs Virgo and the Virgin Mary, as the woman standing on the crescent Moon, and the combination of the Golden Fleece with the Agnus Dei structure from the old (1313) Apocalypse of S Jean, a text that was in the library of the dukes of Burgundy.

The problem that has caused investigative difficulties is the recovery of the relevant historical narrative. Without the appropriate backstory, the mythology, the tradition, and the history, there is no resolution. And the use of paired images in the examples above shows the use of two-part verification, which was not intended to be easy. Proper interpretation cannot occur without recovery of the relevant narrative. Identification cannot be fully completed without the narratives relevant to both parts of the illustration. The use of combined images is an indictor of intentional deception.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 05-12-2021

I put this image again from f70r1

The important thing is not only the series of o's but the entire sequence that follows

dots (ooooooooolar) dots

After the o's come three other glyphs from the Voynich script. I think it is overwhelming evidence against the linguistic hypothesis. The script is something else.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 08-12-2021

Maintaining after decades of research that what we see in the VM is a language, natural or encrypted, is an act of faith. It has no empirical basis. The script we see is made up of groups of unknown glyphs, some of which can be mistaken for letters of the Latin alphabet or abbreviations.

Of these glyphs, the only ones that are repeated numerous times two and three times in a row are the slanted line and the glyph that looks like the letter c.  Why is this happening? What can those glyphs be to have those characteristics that others do not have and that seem to structure the script?

I have an answer. It may seem crazy but it has empirical support in the shape of the glyphs and the VM's iconography. The inclined line is the mark on the ecliptic, the path of the sun, degrees on the sphere, and the glyph similar to the letter c is simply the moon and its repetition the path of the moon in the sky.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 14-12-2021

Forget the semantics of the glyphs, If they represent letters, phonemes, symbols or whatever. Let's focus on the pure materiality of the glyphs. Why does the scribe use the glyph that looks like the letter c so repeatedly?

We see c, cc, ccc and even cccc. How weird! If each group of c's has a different meaning, why didn't the scribe use other strokes? But what makes sense is that the c and each group of c's have the same meaning for the scribe. Actually, there is only one c that moves. cc, ccc and cccc would be just different positions.

This is the best way to see the script generation method. As has been said so many times, these are overlapping disks that contain all the glyphs. These circles are moved to compose the words or groups of glyphs. The c is on one of the disks and when it moves the scribe adds another c