The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - -JKP- - 23-01-2021

I also have some examples that are less embellished but Koen's examples get the message across well.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 24-01-2021

JKP, if you have examples of gallows extended in manuscripts it would be better if you showed them. I suppose that in this forum we are to advance in the investigation.

The example Koen has given is evidently of embellished lettering. It bears no remote resemblance to extended gallows. The gallows coverage is like its strange glyphs unique to the VM script

RE: No text, but a visual code - -JKP- - 24-01-2021

Antonio, I have 291 unread messages, 65 mostly-finished but unfinished blogs, and I'm years behind in writing up my research. I don't have time right now. I just wanted people to know that Koen's examples are not unique or rare, there are others.

RE: No text, but a visual code - ReneZ - 25-01-2021

(24-01-2021, 09:44 AM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.The example Koen has given is evidently of embellished lettering. It bears no remote resemblance to extended gallows. The gallows coverage is like its strange glyphs unique to the VM script

I am seeing the same thing, but come to a different conclusion. I don't know on what grounds the similarity should be rejected. It is entirely possible, in my opinion, that the Voynich MS has a similar type of embellishment.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Helmut Winkler - 25-01-2021

(25-01-2021, 06:46 AM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(24-01-2021, 09:44 AM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.The example Koen has given is evidently of embellished lettering. It bears no remote resemblance to extended gallows. The gallows coverage is like its strange glyphs unique to the VM script

I am seeing the same thing, but come to a different conclusion. I don't know on what grounds the similarity should be rejected. It is entirely possible, in my opinion, that the Voynich MS has a similar type of embellishment.

I am of the same opinion as Rene

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 25-01-2021

Yes, it could be that the Voynich MS has a similar type of embellishment. It is something that cannot be ruled out, but I lean towards a semantic meaning. Semantic insofar as endowed with some sense type, not with linguistic meaning.The straddle gallows must have an iconic sense. We can make a bridge with Eva-t but no with Eva-k. Why? It seems that in the mind of the scribe a prohibition operates. Why doesn't the gallows Eva-k straddle?
As you René has said many times, the glyphs of the script are not random. There is an intention behind

RE: No text, but a visual code - Helmut Winkler - 25-01-2021

The EVA-P gallows  look very much like embellished initials

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 29-01-2021

Yes Helmut, the Eva-p extended gallows could be an ornament, but you have to explain this:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Why did the scribe put those groups of three lines inside the loop? It is not the only example 

Are those lines a mere ornament or do they have some kind of meaning?

The lines are in the astronomical clock of the Rosettes folio and they are also in other places

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Helmut Winkler - 30-01-2021

@ Antonio

I think these three  lines are an ornament, but if you have another or better explanation, please tell us

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 30-01-2021

Yes Helmut, I have a better explanation, but first we have to agree on a point.

Do you think that the astronomical clock on the Rosette folio that I showed in the previous post is really an astronomical clock or not?
If you think so, then the groups of three lines cannot be anything other than the degrees of the sphere. And if they are groups of three, each line has to be worth 5 degrees. Why? Because three times five is 15. And 15 degrees is an hour. The astronomical clock on the Rosette folio shows the hours. That is why we see groups of three lines in different places in the VM. It is a representation of the hours, of the time.

If these lines are in the loop of the Eva-p it is because the glyph is most likely as astronomical symbol