The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - Helmut Winkler - 13-12-2020

(13-12-2020, 03:29 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(13-12-2020, 03:11 PM)Helmut Winkler Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.But I think it is a better approach than ciphre cracking

Definitely, this approach has potential. And it would solve many problems. A sequence like "daiin dain" would be expanded as "aui~ says and aii~ says". 
Common glyph order would be explained by syntax, i.e. word order in abbreviated phrases. And the lack of recurring phrases in Voynichese would be solved, since common phrases are reduced to "words". Suddenly d-aiin is the kind of phrase we are despreately looking for.

Thank  you, that is what I was (amd am) thinking

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 14-12-2020

Koen and Helmut

If you want to talk about the VM script as a language or something that has to do with language, please do it in another thread.

I have spent almost three years trying to convince people that the VM script is not a language or anything like that. Is the biggest prejudice that has prevented solving this mystery.

Of course you cant think as you want, but if you continue to speak of the VM script as a language, please do it elsewhere.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 16-12-2020

Given the importance of the finding of the Eva-n glyph in astronomical tables, I would like to repeat what I have already said but with more clarity

Let's see this other example

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

There are three pairs of columns in black color headed with the letter M for minutes and with the number 2 for seconds. In the first column, above the M and the number 2 there are two marks (''). But in the other columns the last of the marks has a tail. The overwritten symbol looks very much like the Eva-i glyphs followed by Eva-n from the VM script.

In the example that I have put the symbol is not an abbreviation of any word, The tail is not the end of any letter. Is something that seems clear.

What then does the tail mean?

Well, it seems clear too. Since these are angular measurements, the easiest thing is for the tail to simply represent an arc of the sphere.

I can be wrong. If anyone has a better explanation, I will be happy to read it

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 20-12-2020

Regarding this topic of the Eva-i followed by Eva-n that we see in medieval astronomical tables and its similarity with what we see in the VM script, ReneZ has posed an interesting question: What about Eva-ir or Eva-iir?
I simply think that the authors of the VM mark different arc lengths in the sphere to locate celestial objects. Of course those who think there is an underlying language will think otherwise.
Let's apply common sense, which also had the men of the fifteenth century: Why would they create such a repetitive and confusing alphabet?
I think that the glyph system is relatively easy to understand if you consider that what is about is to reproduce celestial movements. Is that what explains that we see so many repeated words.
The hardest thing to understand is the underlying mentality, which I believe is related to the very old and persistent idea of sacred alphabets

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 24-12-2020

Merry Christmas everyone! 

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 27-12-2020

I put this contemporary manuscript of the VM again because I had not noticed the symbol of the columns in red.

You can clearly see on the columns that mark the time or the part of the eclipsed Moon the symbol that looks like the letter c.  Obviously it is not the letter c, but the symbol of the Moon.

Therefore, in this manuscript we can see how the Voynich is a product of its time. We see in the same page of the manuscript three symbols that also exist in the VM: Eva-e, Eva-i and Eva-n

There is no better proof that the VM script is simply an astronomical code

RE: No text, but a visual code - Aga Tentakulus - 27-12-2020

Here you have the same thing in a modern version.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 01-01-2021

Here is another example of the use of the symbol that looks like the letter c to represent the Moon

On the left is a picture of the eclipsed part of the Moon. Above the letter p, which means part, you can see the symbol c. Can also be seen on the following pages.

It is clear that a glyph that looks like the letter c and that we see in the VM script was commonly used in its time in works on astronomy

Happy New Year

RE: No text, but a visual code - -JKP- - 01-01-2021

(01-01-2021, 11:18 AM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Here is another example of the use of the symbol that looks like the letter c to represent the Moon

On the left is a picture of the eclipsed part of the Moon. Above the letter p, which means part, you can see the symbol c. Can also be seen on the following pages.

It is clear that a glyph that looks like the letter c and that we see in the VM script was commonly used in its time in works on astronomy...

It's an abbreviation.

The specific letter "c" you reference (next to the diagrams) is on the solar eclipse pages (not the lunar eclipse pages).

There are three columns:

Column 1 is p superscript-c   Column 2 is mth (sometimes mith)   Column 3 is 2nd

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I'm not familiar with this specific notation, but I can make an educated guess that the numbers represent time and the columns are labeled as[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Column 1 - principium (beginning [at the hour of])[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Column 2 - minutus/minuta (minutes)[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Column 3 - secundus/secunda (seconds)[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]If my interpretation is correct, the "c" has nothing to do with the moon. It is simply the letter "c" in the abbreviation principium, the time at which the solar eclipse begins.[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

RE: No text, but a visual code - Helmut Winkler - 01-01-2021

JKP is quite right, you can see better examples on the folio recto's in the latter parts of the calendar,  abbr. for principium, medium finis (of the lunar eclipses)

Edit: and in the headlines 'Eclipses Lunr' and in the vertical lines 'Ciclus, Dies, Hore, Minuta, Seunda'. As far as I know, they could compute seconds: