The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - -JKP- - 08-11-2020

(07-11-2020, 05:47 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
The curious thing about this image is that the moons are grouped into one, two and three symbols. What we see in that calendar band is c, cc, ccc distribuited in any order. It is the same distribution that we see in the VM script!

Well, not quite. In the VMS, it is c, cc, ccc, and cccc (and also i, ii, iii, and iiii).

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 09-11-2020

I have given the example of Les riches heures du duc de Berry just to emphasize the importance of contemporary Voynich sources. It is the only way to ever understand VM. I don't think Les riches heures calendar has anything to do with the Voynich, but they both breathe the same cultural atmosphere.

If I see groupings of the crescent moon symbol in the magnificent French manuscript, that allows me to interpret any analogous image I see. In the VM ve see that strange glyph that looks like the letter c, and we also see it repeated forming groups. And we see it in a book where the moon is widely drawn.

So the question is obvious: is that c of the Voynich script the symbol of the moon?

RE: No text, but a visual code - -JKP- - 10-11-2020

(09-11-2020, 08:47 AM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I have given the example of Les riches heures du duc de Berry just to emphasize the importance of contemporary Voynich sources. It is the only way to ever understand VM...

You make it sounds like we don't spend time with medieval sources. I've poured through thousands of them and so have many others in the Voynich community.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 10-11-2020

You are right. Many Forum members have contributed numerous contemporary Voynich sources. If I say that it is de only way to understand the VM, it is because there are those who think that with more powerful computers the mistery can be solved.
 It can only be understood by delving into the culture of the 15th century

RE: No text, but a visual code - Linda - 11-11-2020

But you are taking something that has a reason, like the groupings of crescent moons in tres riches, which make those groupings because the new moons of the perpetual calendar only fall on those days; and applying it to the ccc's in the text, but without one to one correlation, this similarity seems meaningless.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 12-11-2020

What I wanted to show with Les très riches heures it is not its structural relationship with the VM, but its possible affinity in the use of the moon symbol to express time. It seems that along the semicircle we see groups of moons, but in reality there is only one that moves in time. The same can happen with groups of c, cc, ccc in the VM. It can be the symbol of the moon and its movement in space and time.

In Les tres riches heures there is also a zodiac man

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

We see the zodiac divided into 360 degrees, each degree represented by a slanted line. 

In the VM script we also see a slanted line repeated i, ii, iii. (sorry, I can't represent the glyph, only its transliteration in EVA as the letter i). The same phenomenon occurs as with c, cc, ccc. The slanted line also reproduces movement in space and time

RE: No text, but a visual code - Aga Tentakulus - 12-11-2020

Moon Glyphs

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 14-11-2020

Aga (Peter), I like your sense of humor although it can be disorienting. The Moon Glyphs that you have put are something frivolous fruit of a pseudoscience like astrology.
  Astrology is now a pseudoscience, but it was a science in the middle ages, and I believe that in the VM there is a great astrological influence.
  I know that my theory is very unique and it is difficult to accept it. The proof that it is hard to believe is that I still have a reputation 0 despite being one of the most read threads on the forum.

It's not something that matters much to me. I'll keep trying to prove what I firmly believe.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 16-11-2020

The glyph c, the little friend of Captain Currier, is joined to another c by a crossbar forming the benches. There is little doubt about that. And what are these benches? I think they are positions of the Moon with respect to the Sun. Why do I believe such a thing? Because I see it in some images of the manuscript.

In the VM there is a page where we see the planetary aspects of astrology, f67v2. Here we see the respective positions of the Sun and the Moon. And in the upper left corner we can see a trigone drawn, one of the planetary aspects that occurs when the Moon is at 120º from the Sun. Forms a triangle because the Moon is at that distance twice, at Moon waxing and Moon waning.
  We can see the same trigono in the astronomical clock on the Rosette folio

The glyph c joined to another c in the VM script, the benches, are the translation of this image to an astronomical code, such as c, cc, ccc and de EVA-s, all of them different positions of the Moon in its path

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 19-11-2020

Logically, if the position of the Moon, the benches, are defined with respect to the Sun, it must be somewhere. The Sun is in the gallows. It is the right leg of the Eva-t and Eva-k. In the first case, the Sun is in the northern hemisphere and in the second in the south. Its position is marked by the left leg,the arrow, Eva-q. 
  The benched gallows Eva-cth and Eva-ckh are the symbols that indicate when the Moon is aligned with the Sun, specifically in opposition, a planetary aspect.
 You may be wondering what are p and f gallows and benched gallows with these two symbols. This is one of the clues that corroborates my theory.
Think of these gallows as the points of the ecliptic where the Sun meets the lunar nodes, the ancient head and tail dragon where eclipses occur. The symbols p and f iconically represent this situation with the dashed line of the Sun. The right leg is broken.

The paragraphs we see in the VM script are just time cycles. They usually start with a gallow, the meridian. If p and f are mainly in the first line of the paragraphs it is because these solar positions, where the eclipse occurs, are rare. Eva-t and k and their respective benched gallows are much more common.