The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 10-10-2020

I would like to talk about the spaces between vords in the script. It is very interesting the analysis that ThomasCoon made in the thread My thougths on the VMS. He said that the spaces were arbitrary and pointed out the (o) could be a null character.
  I have already said that for me there is no a letter (o) but the symbol of the star. I recommend seeing the script, both the running text and that of the circular diagrams, as chains of astronomical symbols in which the (o) has been deleted to leave a space. The scribe does this for convenience and to simulate a language.
  In the circular diagrams this procedure is clearer. Imagine the circumference full of (o). Some (o) are removed to leave a succession of chains of symbols that move in circles like the celestial sphere, and the chains can be lengthened, cut and even repeated at the will of the scribe.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 15-10-2020

That the glyph (o), the most common of the script, can be the symbol that represents a star can be argued with the same images of the VM, where some of stars drawn have an (0) in the center, or a yellow circle. 
Look at these pages:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

And look at this coincidence:

The stars in the misnamed recipes section are painted with red an yellow circles, as in this Arabic book of constellations. On this page we see Aries:

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 18-10-2020

The best indication that (o) can represent a star is its union to (q). This gliph, like all of them, is not a letter but a symbol with its own meaning, an arrow-shaped symbol that indicates movement. It doesn’t often occur in labels because labels don't move. It occurs almost always at the start of a 'vord' and before (o). It may be to indicate that it is a certain star that is moving and not another.

Voynich's script may be a representation of the movement of the celestial sphere

RE: No text, but a visual code - Linda - 18-10-2020

If the celestial sphere is moving, aren't all the stars moving?

RE: No text, but a visual code - Koen G - 18-10-2020

(18-10-2020, 11:15 PM)Linda Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.If the celestial sphere is moving, aren't all the stars moving?
This is a confusing part of ancient astrology, since stars were thought of as both stationary and in motion. The stars are "fixed" to the sphere, but they were moving because the sphere moved. Of course some stars are wandering - quite annoying! - which today we call planets.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Linda - 19-10-2020

Yes but if it is indicating a certain star is moving, everything else is still also turning with the sphere, even the planets

Maybe it would indicate a certain star is rising or setting at the horizon?

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 21-10-2020

Yes Linda, it would indicate that

The strong relationship that forms (q) and (o) is a key to understanding the script. Why is (q) sparsely followed by other gliphs? Why can (q) and (o) be separated, and can there be strings of symbols that start with (q) and the same strings that start with (o)?

The answer can be very simple. What we call (q) is actually an arrow that is moving in a circle and pointing to stars in each movement. The arrow rises upwards as we see in the gallows, which may be representations of the stars at the highest point of their journey.

As I said, Voynich's script may be a representation of the movement of the celestial sphere

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 01-11-2020

My theory may be confusing, but I have some strong convictions. One of them is that the whole script moves in a circular way. This is easy to see in astronomical diagrams but it occurs in all sections. The symbol chains move in a 360 degree circle. The glyph (o) represents a degree. It can help to see if in the blanks between strings we imagine there is one o more (o).

The main thing is that the script moves. There is one ©, two (cc) and three (ccc), just like there is one (i), two (ii) and three (iii). But this is an illusion, because the only thing that exists is a © moving in space, and the same goes for (i). They are positions in space. The string with © is the path of the Moon and the string with (i) is that of the Sun.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 07-11-2020

In his papers on the Voynich, Captain Currier called glyph c our little friend. I firmly believe that this glyph is the symbol of the moon, although it is not easy to prove it. I will try to give some hints.

In one of the most spectacular manuscripts of the 15th century, contemporary with the VM, Les très riches heures du duc de Berry, we see the symbol of the moon drawn in the tympanum calendar of some of the months of the year. For example:

The moon is drawn as a crescent in all cases, but what it indicates is the new moon, the day of the month in which the new moon falls each year of the metonic cycle, represented each year by a letter.

The curious thing about this image is that the moons are grouped into one, two and three symbols. What we see in that calendar band is c, cc, ccc distribuited in any order. It is the same distribution that we see in the VM script!

They may be just coincidences, but it is possible that this little friend of Captain Currier can lead us to good port.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Linda - 07-11-2020

(07-11-2020, 05:47 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. It is the same distribution that we see in the VM script!

Where can i see this same distribution?