The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 05-08-2019

If that relatioship was taken for granted and in the VM we have zodiac constellations and herbs, the most likely thing is that the VM is a coherent unit and the script is about that relationship.

So both things, stars and herbs, can then be linked by words, a linguistic system, or by icons, an ideographic system, which is what I believe.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 07-08-2019

When you begins to see the VM script one of the most striking things that you observe is that some glyphs seem to move, change position. This fruitful observation disappears when you transliterate the glyphs to convert them into letters.

For example,you see a stick with an arrowhead on the tip attached to another glyph in the form of a small circle. They are in line with the others glyphs of the string. But you also see the same stick with the same arrowhead above the line attached to another glyph. You observe that the stick goes up, seem to move. This is a fundamental observation to understand the script, but its potential fruits disappear when you read Eva-q and Eva-t. Similarity and movement has been lost.

There are other glyphs that change position. You see one of the benches next to the gallows and you also see the same bench under the gallows. It also seems to move. And the leaned stripe that look like the letter i doubles and triples (i ii iii) to indicate that it changes position. The same goes for the glyph that looks like the letter c.

This feature of the VM script, the movement, is key to understanding how the glyph strings were generated and what they mean.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 25-10-2019

I have looked back at the Voynich after a few months. I have not changed my mind: there is no language, neither existing nor missing. They are chains of symbols with astronomical significance, a visual code.

I've run into folio f70r1 again and the nine o's of the outer ring. Metaphorically, it is one of the clues left by the murderer that allows to discover the crime. These nine o's in a row are the same small circles (o) distributed throughout the whole script.

The question is: Is ooooooooo a word in any language? Of course not. Because it is neither the letter o nor the number zero. These small circles are the symbol of the degree, which is logical because we see that they are in a circumference or sphere of a cosmological page.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Paris - 26-10-2019

(25-10-2019, 05:43 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. 
The question is: Is ooooooooo a word in any language? Of course not.

I'm not so sure.
oooooooooooooooo can be lyrics.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

It's a possibility. There are certainly others.
You found another possibility (astronomy).
For the moment, we don't know.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 26-10-2019

Thank you Paris for your comment. You must have a poet's soul. I am more prosaic and positivist.

If I see the string  ooooooooo in a circumference included with other circles in a cosmological page, the first thing I think about is in the 360 degrees of a sphere. The proof of this is that the scribe also drew dots and not a curved line to represent the degrees of the sphere.

The research of the VM is becoming so refined that the most obvious is overlooked.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 11-12-2019

I’ve never seen angels or demons but if you look at a painting of the fifteenth century it seems that the world is full of them. Painters also represented Venus and the other planets as human figures. Therefore, I would not be surprised to see the stars represented as human figures, as women. Is what I see in the Zodiac of the VM. And those women-stars seem the same as in the so-called biological section.

For me this little reasoning is the first step to understand the VM. If these naked and pregnant ladies are stars, they cannot represent anything other than their descent to Earth to fertilize it. They come down from the sky through tubes, which corresponds to the cosmological theory of closed crystalline spheres of the time.

As I think the illustrations and the script of the VM form a unity of meaning, the script cannot be anything other than a system to assign stars to plants. The author was not interested in drawing real plants but in creating that system of relationships.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 20-12-2019

Folio You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. is a key clue in understanding the VM script. It's de only time a sign pattern appears. Seventeen glyphs repeated four times. But for me the most important thing is that six or seven of those glyphs are almost never used throughout the all script of the VM.

If the script is a language and all glyphs are phonemes or letters, is it possible that for thousands of words the scribe has not used the sounds we only see in this folio?

It certainly makes no sense. The logical thing is to think that these glyphs are symbols and that we are really facing a system of pictograms. In folio You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. what human figures are seeing is the celestial vault full of astronomical symbols.

In the Voynich there is nothing to read, only to understand and interpret the symbols.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 30-12-2019

I was reviewing the excellent website of ReneZ and in astronomical illustrations I saw again the Armenian MS in the Schoenberg collection (LJS 443) from around 1420. An image of this codex with spiral drawings is similar to the f68v3 in the Voynich.
  But it is not the only coincidence. In the Armenian manuscript there is also this image with several spheres

In these spheres, Armenian alphabet words are mixed with astronomical symbols, such as the Moon. And most surprising of all: there are small circles in a row in each sphere, as in the folio of the VM with nine small circles in a row. It is another indication that it is an astronomical symbol, the degree of the sphere or the star symbol.

A peaceful New Year for everyone!

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 11-01-2020

I've been reviewing what the old researchers said about the VM script and I pondered what William F. Friedman said before he died after many years of research.

I quote: The Voynich manuscript was an early attempt to construct an artificial or universal language of the a apriori kind.

That's! 

That is what I think. Except that I believe it is an iconic universal language, not linguistic. The glyphs are symbols, no phonemes o letters.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 24-01-2020

Down this page of Harley MS 80 there are some astrological talismans. Some characters look like VM glyphs (o), (8), (9), and some figures also look like the ones we see in f67v2 of the VM

The question is this: is there any kind of astrological magic in the VM?

This question is for me of extraordinary importance because it is the cultural context that must be understood. And we must forget our modern scientific prejudices because in the Middle Ages natural magic was a branch of science