The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - Koen G - 28-03-2024

(28-03-2024, 02:01 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.in the inner circle the 30 degrees are occupied by figures with stars. These figures do not hold the stars with strings as in the Voynich but the message is the same.

These figures don't represent individual stars though, do they?

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 28-03-2024

All these figures are constellations of stars and in each of the figures there is a star, sometimes two or three, which are what give their medicinal virtue to the different precious stones.

This book is the greatest medieval parallel to Voynich. Of course I do not believe that any document appears that explains the VM, but we can conjecture with a good basis that the VM is an astrological herbal just like the astrological lapidary of King Alfonso. Both have a healing purpose.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 02-04-2024

I believe that the Voynich is a genuine document of its time. If someone thinks it may be a hoax, it is because they have not delved deeply enough into medieval culture.

At that time magic and science were something that were confused. Anyone with an experimental scientific spirit had to be careful to make it clear that one thing was natural magic and another was demonic. I believe that there is something of this natural magic in Voynich, an astrological magic that wanted to transmit how astral influences gave their virtue to medicinal herbs.

That is why I firmly believe that the Voynich script may not be a language but an iconic code of an astronomical-astrological nature. How this code works, I don't know.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 06-04-2024

In the thread dedicated to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. I have said that those strange glyphs that we see could be astrological aspects, that is, angular relationships. I sincerely believe that anyone who seriously studies Voynich should know something about astrology, which was a university subject at that time.

On that page, as everyone knows, there is a sequence that is repeated four times but with a small difference: in the first two quadrants we see the gallows with one leg and a loop and in the next two quadrants the other gallows with one leg but with two loops.

I have the intuition that the two-legged gallows represent the position of the Sun, either in the northern or southern hemisphere, alternating day and night. 

The one-legged gallows could symbolize the position of the Sun at the lunar node, which was called the dragon's head and tail. That may be the reason why we see in the first two quadrants, that is, in one hemisphere, the gallows with one loop and in the other quadrants or hemisphere the other gallows with two loops. The dragon's head and tail are always in opposition.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 08-04-2024

Today there was a solar eclipse that could be seen in various parts of the world. It would be strange if there were not in the VM, with so many astronomical diagrams, the representation of an eclipse. Some illustrations suggest eclipses. At least one is clear, although with a very childish drawing.This is this illustration from f67:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Astrological aspects, angular relationships of the Sun and Moon are represented in the corners of this page. In the drawing that I have shown, the opposition between the Sun and the Moon is represented. In the middle we see the Earth with that nice cone that represents the shadow that the Sun projects on the Moon in an eclipse.

In the script I believe that the solar eclipse is represented by the benched gallows. The benches are phases of the moon [c] and the one-legged gallows are, as I said before, the position of the sun at the lunar node, which is where eclipses are represented.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Hermes777 - 08-04-2024

(08-04-2024, 07:47 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Today there was a solar eclipse that could be seen in various parts of the world. It would be strange if there were not in the VM, with so many astronomical diagrams, the representation of an eclipse. Some illustrations suggest eclipses. At least one is clear, although with a very childish drawing.This is this illustration from f67:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Astrological aspects, angular relationships of the Sun and Moon are represented in the corners of this page. In the drawing that I have shown, the opposition between the Sun and the Moon is represented. In the middle we see the Earth with that nice cone that represents the shadow that the Sun projects on the Moon in an eclipse.

In the script I believe that the solar eclipse is represented by the benched gallows. The benches are phases of the moon [c] and the one-legged gallows are, as I said before, the position of the sun at the lunar node, which is where eclipses are represented.

I largely agree with this Antonio. I would add that in the year the benched gallows mark the midpoints of the kerubic signs, Leo, Taurus, Aquarius, Scorpio - the mid-quarter days - and this marks the Dragon cycle of the lunar nodes, the points of eclipse (where the dragon swallows the sun.) As you say, angular relationships are important and marked by the notation system. What you are calling "aspects" and angular relationships (trine etc.) I am calling divisions of the ecliptic. Same thing.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 09-04-2024

I am glad Hermes777 that we agree on the nature of the script, although there are differences in the meaning of each specific symbol. The important thing is that we both see an astronomical-astrological code in the script.

It will take a long time for our opinion to be the majority, but it doesn't matter. The crucial thing is to fight against the language trap, which for more than a century of research has not produced any results.

RE: No text, but a visual code - nablator - 09-04-2024

(09-04-2024, 07:36 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.It will take a long time for our opinion to be the majority, but it doesn't matter. The crucial thing is to fight against the language trap, which for more than a century of research has not produced any results.

Even the worst cipher theories have "results": a few matching words at least. Where are your results, showing any match with astronomical/astrological events?

Anything cyclical, like phases of the moon, would easily convince me that you're on the right track, BTW.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 10-04-2024

I don't think the script matches astrological/astronomical events. Glyph associations are simply celestial configurations without much importance.

I don't see the results you're talking about anywhere. Not a single word has been translated in over a hundred years. Show me otherwise if I'm wrong. Any theory based on a language, whether natural or encrypted, has no foundation whatsoever.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 12-04-2024

Six years ago when I joined this forum I said that the script was like an astronomical coordinate system. I have maintained this theory alone all this time, with the indifference of some members of this forum that I intellectually respect. I don't care about the others.

That is why it has been a great satisfaction for me that Hermes777 has a similar opinion. No matter how many more years pass, I am convinced that this opinion will gain support because there is no other reasonable explanation.

I have said sometimes and I repeat it now that the Voynich is mainly an epistemological problem: How to get into the mind of an educated man of the 15th century and think like him, at a time when astrology was such a respectable knowledge that even bishops they practiced it