The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - pjburkshire - 06-03-2024

(06-03-2024, 09:27 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I have tried to answer you and tell you what I think without offending you.

I'm not fragile. Don't worry about offending me. I respect honesty. I want to know what you think. If you think my ideas about ensoulment are crazy, please feel free to say that. It won't change my opinion but I am interested in knowing your opinion. If I didn't want to know the truth, I would not have asked the question.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 07-03-2024

I'll tell you what I think. Your theory, like many others when interpreting Quire 13, ignores a very common allegorical procedure in the medieval world which is the personification of natural forces. In countless medieval manuscripts you can see how the planets are humanized. This resource is used in the same VM, where we see the Sun represented with the face of a man and the Moon with the face of a woman.

Seeing the female figures of Quire 13 as women or the spirit of women or human souls is therefore for me one of the most common errors of interpretation. The easiest thing is that they are simply a representation of astral forces and specifically a personification of the stars. This interpretation is reinforced by the fact that in the zodiacal pages the same female figures appear holding a star. That many of these figures, if not all, look pregnant is also an allegorical resource to indicate that they are the ones who give birth to the plants, bring them water and make them grow. This interpretation is what gives coherence to all parts of the book.Some of them appear with rings and spindles, which again is allegorical. With these details the author wants to indicate that the stars shine and are what spin the hours, days and years of time.

This that I have presented is the most reasonable interpretation according to medieval mentality.

RE: No text, but a visual code - pjburkshire - 07-03-2024

(07-03-2024, 08:41 AM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Seeing the female figures of Quire 13 as women or the spirit of women or human souls is therefore for me one of the most common errors of interpretation. 

I'm sorry I was not clear. I'm not saying that the female figures represent humans souls. I'm saying that the stars represent human souls.

You and I have very different interpretations of these images. I do not see the women as representations of the stars. I see it the other way around. I see the stars as representations of humans. I guess we'll just have to wait until the words are deciphered.

Are there any other readers who would like to comment on this? Do other readers see the female figures as stars? Or do you see the stars as human souls?

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 07-03-2024

I'm afraid we'll have to wait for centuries because there are no words to decipher.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Hermes777 - 07-03-2024

(25-02-2024, 02:18 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.The last time I posted this image it went unnoticed but I think it deserves a long reflection

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

What we see is that the author has not completed the outer ring. He has drawn only dots except in one part of the circle where he has written a series of o's and glyphs used in the script.

The question is: what is that series of o's, an ornament or the glyph that we also see in the script?

I provide an account of it here Antonio:

And also here:

The simplest answer to your question - if it is not a text but a visual code - is that the [o] glyph represents the sun and we start with 360 of them. 

I explain the text this way:

The foundation of the text is a continuous stream of [o] glyphs (omicrons) = solar days of the year.

oooooooo

This stream of omicrons is then punctuated with stops into an alternating sequence of stops and starts:

o|o|o|o|o|o

The stops are the solstices in the cycle of the year. The text is cosmological. It is the sun that stops and starts in an alternating sequence.

It is at this point in the development of the text that this distinction was matched to the linguistic distinction of vowels and consonants. Vowels are the omicrons (starts) and consonants are the stops.

The glyph [t] is introduced as the glyph representing the solstices, the primal consonant:

ototototot

The text, I propose, develops from this fundamental process. It is not a linguistic process. Rather, our author has used linguistic symbols (glyphs, letters) - according to their visual properties - to illustrate astronomical cycles. 

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 08-03-2024

You explain the problem well in your blog:

Sorry, I left the sentence incomplete.

You explain the problem well in your blog: There is a word that is ooooooooolar

What does this mean? How is it possible that that is a word?

There should be a thread with thousands of posts to try to explain this, but there isn't one due to the enormous force of prejudice, the linguistic prejudice.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Aga Tentakulus - 08-03-2024

Costa del Sol
Solarzellen
Oh Sole mio

Of course yes, the Spanish Sun makes you very jealous.

I meant envious

RE: No text, but a visual code - pjburkshire - 08-03-2024

(07-03-2024, 02:26 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I'm afraid we'll have to wait for centuries because there are no words to decipher.

I don't know when this talk was given but the YouTube upload date for the video is Nov 27, 2023. In the Q&A after the talk, Lisa Fagin Davis says she is optimistic that the language of the Voynich Manuscript will be deciphered.

WellesleyCollege
Friends of the Library Lecture: Lisa Fagin Davis
Nov 27, 2023

Transcript:

1:06:56
- [Participant] Setting aside your personal aspirations, how likely do you think it will be that you will solve the mystery of this particular Manuscript?
- Me or someone? Not me, I'm no linguist.
- [Participant] You or someone.
- I am hopeful that as more computing power is thrown at this, as more interdisciplinary, collaborations take place, I think we'll get there. I really do. And I think, yeah, I think we'll get there. And that'll be just the beginning, right? That's not the end. Once you can read it, then you've got a whole new world to explore, right. You know, that's not the end of the puzzle. I think that will only be the only be the beginning.