The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 25-02-2024

The last time I posted this image it went unnoticed but I think it deserves a long reflection

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

What we see is that the author has not completed the outer ring. He has drawn only dots except in one part of the circle where he has written a series of o's and glyphs used in the script.

The question is: what is that series of o's, an ornament or the glyph that we also see in the script?

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 03-03-2024

The question I asked in my previous post has not received an answer. I want to think that means I've introduced an element of doubt, which is fine because doubt is the beginning of something new.

I trust that more and more people doubt that the Voynich script is a linguistic system, natural or encrypted, because that is precisely the great prejudice, the mother of all prejudices.

RE: No text, but a visual code - pjburkshire - 05-03-2024

(29-01-2024, 08:56 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.As I have said on many occasions, what I believe is that the VM is above all an astrological book and what it shows is the influence that the stars of the zodiac have on the virtues of medicinal plants. Therefore, I believe that there is complete coherence between the imagery and the script.

I agree with you on the first part but not the second part. I agree that the information is about astrological (zodiac) influences but not on plants, on humans at the time of conception and/or birth.

I think all the pages of Quire 13 from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. are about pregnancy, from conception to birth. I think the stars are souls. I think the story that is being told in Quire 13 is the story of a soul that travels from heaven to a woman's body at conception or ensoulment and then grows to birth.

My guess is that the soul that gets picked to travel from Heaven to the woman's body on Earth depends on where in the zodiac the world/sky is at the time of conception or ensoulment. Ensoulment is not a word that gets used much in the 21st century. It used to be a big question among Ancient Greeks, Christians, and Muslims.

RE: No text, but a visual code - R. Sale - 05-03-2024

If you add to this, the two-part interpretation of the ring and the cross (VMs f79v), as intentional references to Colette of Corbie, where they are parts of her biography, though commonly omitted in the thumbnail summaries.

So, if this is a reference to Colette of Corbie, who was Colette of Corbie???

Would you look at that!?

Colette of Corbie, patron saint of 1) women seeking to conceive, 2) expectant mothers, 3) sick children.

So, that's two out of three, on target.

RE: No text, but a visual code - pjburkshire - 05-03-2024

Sorry, I'm not seeing anything about Colette of Corbie. Of course I could be wrong but, the way I see it, the Voynich Manuscript was written by men for men. I think they only saw women as the vessel for getting a new soul from Heaven to a life on Earth.

I think the ring and the cross mean than men should only engage in sex within Holy Matrimony and only for procreation.

People back then didn't have microscopes and they didn't know about cells but they knew that pregnancy was caused by a donation of male fluid. I think all those "bathing nymphs" represent the donation of the male fluid for the creation of a pregnancy. They knew there was something special or holy about the male fluid and the Catholic Church had specific teachings about improper release. I think the demons at the bottom of page You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. are a warning about that improper release. I think that warning is what a lot of the "bathing nymphs" behind walls is about. Keep the sacred fluid inside and safe until released for procreation in Holy Matrimony. Probably not the mystical, secret message most people were hoping for.

Page f75r, top illustration, male donation. Lower illustration, female receiving. Pregnancy. Need for new soul from Heaven. Which soul? Consult the zodiac.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 06-03-2024

Ah! How wonderful is fiction literature!

RE: No text, but a visual code - pjburkshire - 06-03-2024

(06-03-2024, 09:03 AM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Ah! How wonderful is fiction literature!

Sorry, but your reply is not clear to me.  Are you saying you think the Voynich Manuscript is fiction literature or are you saying you think my evaluation of the illustrations is fiction literature?

I see you just joined the forum. This forum has one good thing and one bad thing. The good thing is that it is open to everyone, it is universal and all inhabitants of the planet can participate. The bad thing is precisely the same, that it is open to everyone and anyone can say what comes to mind without having many years of study. It is as if in a medical diagnosis anyone's opinion was the same as that of a veteran doctor.

The biggest risk with this medieval codex, which is a genuine and authentic document, is imagination, which runs wild if one does not have sufficient preparation. And the study of VM requires training in many subjects.

Due to my profession I know something about medieval codices. I'm not exempt from saying nonsense like anyone else, but I'm sure that of all the things I've said, and there are many, some of them make sense. I think I am the person on this forum who has cited 20th century researchers the most times. They were cultured people who had a lot of training. I think the most meaningful things I've said are based on things they said. I therefore advise that before writing anything you carefully examine the contributions they made.

RE: No text, but a visual code - pjburkshire - 06-03-2024

(06-03-2024, 08:13 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I see you just joined the forum. This forum has one good thing and one bad thing. The good thing is that it is open to everyone, it is universal and all inhabitants of the planet can participate. The bad thing is precisely the same, that it is open to everyone and anyone can say what comes to mind without having many years of study. It is as if in a medical diagnosis anyone's opinion was the same as that of a veteran doctor.

The biggest risk with this medieval codex, which is a genuine and authentic document, is imagination, which runs wild if one does not have sufficient preparation. And the study of VM requires training in many subjects.

Due to my profession I know something about medieval codices. I'm not exempt from saying nonsense like anyone else, but I'm sure that of all the things I've said, and there are many, some of them make sense. I think I am the person on this forum who has cited 20th century researchers the most times. They were cultured people who had a lot of training. I think the most meaningful things I've said are based on things they said. I therefore advise that before writing anything you carefully examine the contributions they made.

I only asked you to clarify your comment. I just want to know if you think my idea is correct or not. It's a simple question. Why can't you just answer my question?

I have tried to answer you and tell you what I think without offending you.