The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 05-01-2024

There are usually things so visible that they are not seen for that reason. They are not paid attention. The glyphs in the script speak for themselves, that is, they are full of information. I have already given some examples. Another is the glyph which is a small inclined line.

Why didn't the scribe make the line vertical, as seems more natural. And why is it a glyph that is repeated, up to three or more times?. For me it is simply because the scribe, when designing that glyph, is thinking in a sphere, he is inserting those lines in a sphere, like those seen in the volvelles of the time.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 14-01-2024

The theory that I maintain relates the two aspects of VM: the script and the imagery. For me it is absurd to think that they are two things with different meanings.

Let's look at the herbal section. Of course it is necessary to know medieval culture and mentality, but pure common sense is also a powerful instrument. The author has drawn herbs that not even the most accredited experts have been able to identify. It was a time when fairly realistic drawings of plants were already made, but that does not seem to be the author's objective. This statement is reinforced by the fact that he has not used a known language to recognize them.

In my opinion, there are two solutions: either he has created them through grafts or he has imagined them as existing anywhere on Earth, like those fantastic animals from remote places. In both cases he cannot say anything about them, neither their name nor where to find them nor their medicinal properties. That is the reason why the authors of the VM have invented a language, an astronomical code that serves to indicate, in accordance with the astrological beliefs of the time, that these herbs are created by astral influences. The rest of the imagery in the codex does nothing other than corroborate this idea.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Aga Tentakulus - 18-01-2024

[quote="Antonio García Jiménez" pid='57500' dateline='1705234157']

"The author has drawn herbs that not even the most accredited experts have been able to identify. It was a time when fairly realistic drawings of plants were already made, but that does not seem to be the author's objective."

The survey

Question: Where can I find this and how much space does it need?

The Infomatiker: The AI hasn't got that far yet and I think about 870 kilobytes.

The florist in the garden centre: Second aisle at the back right and with pot about 400 square centimetres.

Just ask someone who really knows their stuff.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Koen G - 18-01-2024

The viola is an unfair selection though, it is one of a handful of plants that can be identified, out of 134 large plant drawings. And probably the most recognizable of that select few.

And even with all that it would be an unusual cultivar, with bizarrely positioned flowers and weirdly shaped leaves.

Perhaps not entirely fair. But what do you mean by strange leaves?

I think it's pretty accurate.

Better now?

If I didn't know any better, I would say that the two of them sat next to each other in the drawing lesson.

Or maybe this one?

Koen, I think you've forgotten how long the list is now.

No matter how many references, proofs and examples you provide. They simply want everything to remain a myth and an enigma and everything to be as it was 100 years ago.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 18-01-2024

Precisely, I will not be the one who wants the VM to remain an enigma. In fact, I have a theory that demystifies it. But what is yours? I would like to know your theory. Not only how many plants do you know, but what does this book mean?

RE: No text, but a visual code - Aga Tentakulus - 19-01-2024

To put it simply.
A collection of different books, possibly also libraries. Compiled for use with your own experience.
Plants of the region and their uses.
The signs of the zodiac, a kind of farmer's calendar.
Astronomy, I don't know. An area where I have zero knowledge.
Pharmaceutical part. Different types of processing. Already known by the Greeks and taught in Europe (Italy) from 1250. But the results in application with little success.
See the history of medicine.
There is also something about nutrition. About 2 pages.
Recipe section. Whether these are really recipes is unclear. They could (as an example) also be descriptions of diseases.
On the last page it seems as if they wanted to continue with the animal ingredients. But it doesn't seem to have got that far.
The text doesn't really have anything to do with the pictures.
The rosette page. I don't see it as a map in that way, rather as a kind of cycle between different diseases in terms of species and occurrence.
As an example: What doesn't exist in the country, you can't catch. But you can in the city. And vice versa. What doesn't hurt the farmer can hurt the city dweller.