The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 28-07-2023

Unconsciously, the author or authors of the VM have left clues that allow their thoughts to be traced. It's a very human thing that we all do unintentionally. In the case of the iconography of the VM, this is reflected in the arrangement of some elements.

For example, we see the female figures in the zodiacal pages holding a star with a thread. They hold it by hand or the thread is attached to the tube:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

On some inner pages with only supposed text there are some stars attached to the beginning of the paragraph:

It is something that becomes more evident in the last section of the codex, with pages only with supposed text. The stars with the thread are attached to the beginning of each paragraph:

What does all this mean? It is as if the author who tied the stars with the female figures with a thread had replaced them with the chains of supposed text attached to the same stars with the thread.

The correspondence between both things is reaffirmed when we see that there are almost the same paragraphs attached to a star as female figures with stars.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 01-08-2023

I will leave the iconography and I will talk now about the script. For me they are aspects of the VM that cannot be separated because they correspond to each other. That's why I speak indistinctly of one or the other.

The script glyphs are not arbitrary. The author has chosen them because their shape is significant. Understanding this is essential because the script is a succession of strings of glyphs that represent a reality. They are visual, not pronounced like words.

Gallows or benched gallows have this strange shape because they allude to a spatial reality. Its referent is astronomical. I know it's hard to see this, but I would like you to reflect on why the author has chosen the glyph that looks like the letter c and repeats it two cc and three times ccc or joins two c's at the top or puts them under the gallows.

RE: No text, but a visual code - cvetkakocj@rogers.com - 01-08-2023

Hi, Antonio, did you ever consider that what many VM researchers call cc or ee might actually be the letter u. If you look carefully, you will see that the rounded connecting line at the bottom is solid and the second c is not as rounded? The reason why some regard cc as ee is because of the similarity of the shapes. The ccc can therefore be read as  eu or ue. 
Also, do you know that the stars- grammatical marker known as asterisks were used by ancient classical Greek writers for editing purpose. I found that out in the 16th century dictionary, which means that they were used in the Middle Ages in Europe. 
And finally, if VM is all about astrology, why are only two animals holding the star on the string?

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 01-08-2023

Are the cc glyphs a u? Are stars with a string dangling asterisks? Two animals holding the star on the string?

I don't understand anything this post says. It seems that we speak different languages.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Aga Tentakulus - 02-08-2023

What he means by this is a logical application of "c" for a text.
So "c = E", "cc = U", "ccc = EU" and "cccc = EUE" would be.
So, as an example, euer / your can be written as "ccccr" in German. Or "fccccr" as Feuer / fire.
However, I can only speak for the German language.
It is fairly certain that "c" = "E".
I wrote about this once.

What does "cfccc" mean?

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 02-08-2023

All this confusion comes from the transliteration of the glyphs into letters. This can be useful for analysis but it is fatal for understanding the script because it leads one to think that we are dealing with a language.

I said it five years ago when I started on the forum and I repeat it now. If there is a great prejudice in the investigation of the VM, it is to think that there is a language or an encrypted language. There is none of that.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Aga Tentakulus - 02-08-2023

Far be it from me to dissuade you from your theory. I have only shown you that several "c "s in different combinations can make sense.

And by the way, all the clues point to one text. There are lots of clues, you just have to see them.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 02-08-2023

Do all the clues really point to a text?

Let us hope that in this century or the next the text will be discovered, because in the past centuries it has not been possible.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 05-08-2023

I don't believe that the Voynich script is a language or a cipher, but I do believe that it is a true and genuine document that has meaning. It is not a paradox if you think about the passion they felt at that time for astronomy and astrology.

I ask to make an effort and instead of looking at the conglomeration of glyphs as something meaningless, see it as a game of moving objects and celestial positions. Some glyphs represent the moon, others the sun in the meridian in both hemipheres, other glyphs the eclipses, others the stars, some above the ecliptic line, others below. Everything in motion, that's how its authors saw it.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 12-08-2023

Consider the glyph (q). Actually what we see is an arrow with the head pointing to the side. This symbol indicates movement, which is why we always see it at the beginning of glyph chains. As the arrow is the representation of the movement, we don't see it in the labels either. These are standing next to a picture, they don't move.

The movement is best seen on the left leg of two of the gallows. The arrow (q) has risen above the line.

What does this all mean? First, if you replace the glyphs with letters, you stop seeing suggestive things that can help you understand the mentality of the VM author.

Why are there gallows with arrowheads and others not? They indicate opposition, that there are the same glyph chains with any of them.

What I mean by all this is that looking at the glyphs as they are opens the mind to new options.