The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - R. Sale - 13-07-2023

There are no green skies, but there are blue pools. A pair on f84v, one at the bottom of f84r, and other blue water on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and f80v.

'Aquatic' may not be the best word, but the relationship depicted in the illustration has to do with and is based on water not starlight. The nebuly lines and the rainbow of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. are the artist's traditional indicators of conditions relating to precipitation. The nymphs are celestial, in a sense. They are atmospheric agents in the production of rain, and they are the waders, floaters and bathers in their results. Can't do that with starlight.

The recognition of the traditional indicators is going to influence the interpretation of the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. illustration. This is an example of how the VMs artist can communicate without words. Investigation of the VMs involves the understanding and recognition of these traditional indicators where that is possible.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 14-07-2023

The interpretation of Quire 13 is extremely difficult. I am sure that many experts in iconology and art history have seen it and do not dare to give an opinion because, indeed, it is easy to be wrong.

To say that there are clouds and a rainbow of only one color is, with all due respect, nonsense. In all the medieval manuscripts that I have seen, and there are many, rainbows are painted with various colors.

Let's see f84v:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

No one would mistake that kind of pineapple for a cloud. And yet a blue liquid seems to come out of it. Is water? It is the simplest answer, whether it is painted blue or green. But I doubt it. And I doubt it because perhaps in the author's mind it is only a symbolic resource to unite the blue sky with the earth populated with green plants.

The biggest problem we have is that there is nothing from the period to compare it to. That is why we can only make deductions taking into account what the author has done in other parts of the codex.

In the central sphere of the Rosettes we see again the grains of the pineapple. In some parts they are replaced by those tubes that come out:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

We see those same tubes in the zodiacal pages. In them are the female figures holding stars. We also see the tubes in some Quire 13 folios. Everything is interconnected. Everything seems to indicate that something is coming out of the tubes to go to Earth.

RE: No text, but a visual code - R. Sale - 15-07-2023

Nonsense derives from the failure to interpret the elements of the illustration in the manner in which the artist has used them.

A nebuly line is similar to a sine wave, with the distinction that the crests and troughs are bulbous. The term 'nebuly' derives from Latin 'nebula' meaning 'cloud'. In German, the line is 'gewolkt' derived from 'Wolke' which means 'cloud'. So, the cloud-based etymological connection crosses the language barrier. The VMs artist knew the cloud-based interpretation of the nebuly line and used it in the VMs cosmos and elsewhere.

There are no clouds per se, there are nebuly lines that are indicative of clouds, if one is familiar with the standard heraldic interpretations that were in common use in the Middle Ages. The heraldic insignia for Wolkenstein used a nebuly / gewolkt line before the VMs dates.

The rainbow of VMs You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. is not that much different than other VMs examples. With only one blue band, perhaps the job of painting was never finished. Rainbows from other medieval sources were painted in other colors, but I'm yet to see one in a full spectrum: ROYGBV. Any examples?

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 16-07-2023

It is better to leave it. I don't think we'll ever understand each other.

I just want to say that the author has drawn more than 500 female figures in the zodiacal section and Quire 13 and no male figure. If someone sees a male figure or it is a misperception or the result of a humorous trait of the author of the VM.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Aga Tentakulus - 16-07-2023

But that is not possible now.

The months of June and July together have several male figures. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.

If in more than 500 female figures you have found two that are male, that means, as I said before, that it is either a misperception or it is a joke from the author who was tired of drawing so many women.

I stopped counting at 25.
A typical feature is the Beatles hairstyle (mushroom head).

The majority of the characters may be female, but there are more than a few male exceptions. Your theory is flawed.

Instead of saying that you have counted 25, it is better that you show it. Put the images so that everyone can see and comment.

Thanks for quoting the Beatles. It reminds me of childhood.

I don't have to point them all out.
6 in one picture are enough as an example.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Koen G - 16-07-2023

The number of figures is around 530. If you count 25 male figures, this still means 95% is female.