The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - Mark Knowles - 28-04-2023

(28-04-2023, 06:37 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.It is shocking that in this forum that there are almost 3,000 threads there is not one dedicated to the conclusion reached by Friedman. He is one of the best cryptographers of the 20th century and one of the researchers who has spent the longest time deciphering the Voynich.

Isn't it strange that in a forum that seeks the truth about this rare medieval codex there is no discussion about this expert's conclusion?

Well, why don't you start a thread on Friedman. I would suggest to start with try to stick facts about what he said or wrote rather than interpretation of his views.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 28-04-2023

Friedman said that the VM was an early attempt to construct an artificial or universal language of the a priori tipe.

Well, this hypothesis explains very well the prefix-root-suffix structure of vords and the fact that certain glyphs are usually found either at the star or the end of a given vord

RE: No text, but a visual code - Mark Knowles - 28-04-2023

(28-04-2023, 08:48 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Friedman said that the VM was an early attempt to construct an artificial or universal language of the a priori tipe.

Well, this hypothesis explains very well the prefix-root-suffix structure of vords and the fact that certain glyphs are usually found either at the star or the end of a given vord

An invented/constructed language in principle could fit any structure of words.

RE: No text, but a visual code - bi3mw - 29-04-2023

(24-04-2023, 07:43 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Of course Friedman's idea has to do with this thread. I also believe that the script has meaning, a meaning that belongs to the time the book was written and that requires tuning into that mentality.
I think similarly because for me the Voynich script is just a set of symbols-ideas referring to the world of astronomy-astrology.

I cannot recognize the causal connection between a constructed language (meaningful, continuous text) and an astrological / astronomical symbolism of whatever kind. Maybe it is because I have not understood the concrete concept of this symbolism yet.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 29-04-2023

I will try to explain it clearly.

Friedman thought of a constructed and phonetic language. I don't believe that, but his hypothesis and mine have something in common that is key. We both believe in the meaning of each of the glyphs.

An aprioristically constructed language like the one Friedman thought has nothing to do with artificial languages like Esperanto, which are built with the vocabulary of natural languages. He was referring to a universal philosophical language like the one devised in the 17th century by John Wilkins, which is why he said that the Voynich script was an early attempt. Earlier than Wilkins'.

In this type of constructed language, each unit that forms a word makes sense, it is a concept that progressively includes the following. If we build the language with the Latin alphabet, we can pronounce each word, as we can pronounce daiin, the most common word in the VM, but according to the constructive scheme the d of daiin is a category that includes the whole word, the a delimits plus its meaning and so on. The syntax and morphology of the VM script reinforces this hypothesis as I said in my previous post.

In short, Friedman, after so many years of study, concluded that each glyph in the script was a concept. And that is what we agree on, because I think that all of them are concepts referring to the positions of celestial objects in the sphere.

RE: No text, but a visual code - tavie - 30-04-2023

(28-04-2023, 06:57 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.In my opinion, the most important thing to keep in mind around Voynich research communication is this: if you put forward a conclusion to your research and people don't respond well to it, there are two possible explanations: either you didn't explain it well enough, or you are wrong.

I wish this quote could be emblazoned over every page of the forum, or at least as a sticky post!

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 30-04-2023

I wish that the respect for the great Voynich researchers like Friedman or Panoksky could be emblazoned over every page of the forum, or at least as a sticky post

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 06-05-2023

The Voynich manuscript has been compared with the Rohonc codex, although there are notable differences between the two. The first and most notable is that, even without research, we know that the Rohonc codex is a religious book, more specifically a Christian one.

What is the Voynich? Can it be defined in two words as the Rohonc codex?

I think so, the VM is an astrological book. Defining it is important because it helps to understand the conceptual framework in which the research should be done.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 11-05-2023

It is impossible to know what the Voynich is without first deciphering its iconography. All attempts to decipher the script remind me of the wasted effort of the Sisyphus myth. It's always starting over without any hope.

The day that all efforts are directed towards interpreting the iconography, a great step will have been taken, because afterwards the script will seem somewhat clearer.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 14-05-2023

I believe that the key to solving the Voynich is quire 13. In those female figures that populate pipes and green fluids is the beginning of the solution.

The day this section of the VM is no longer seen as something biological or balneological and these figures are seen for what they are, a representation of the fixed stars, that will be the first step to discover what the Voynich is.