The Voynich Ninja
No text, but a visual code - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: No text, but a visual code (/thread-2384.html)

RE: No text, but a visual code - Hider - 15-02-2023

(15-02-2023, 07:28 PM)Antonio Garcia Jimenez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Letters? Seven letters we don't see in thousands and thousands of supposed words?
Why don't you see these letters in words?

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 16-02-2023

We don't see it because there are no letters or words. It's a mirage. There is no text at all, but the script makes sense nonetheless. It seems a paradox but it is not. The only problem lies in our little knowledge of the mentality and sensitivity of medieval man.

RE: No text, but a visual code - R. Sale - 16-02-2023

In a mathematical series, those 'letters' could represent terms like "billions" and "trillions". But if the values normally used never exceed a million, then the symbols are never seen in use, although they exist in the sequence. Or perhaps they are just filler for a fill in the blank quiz.

Seems like it has been a while since any discussion of what has been called the 'four by seventeen' (4x17) symbol sequence, although they are not entirely identical. The difficulty is in the interpretation of the individual symbols or glyphs. Some of the VMs glyphs potentially correspond to symbols found in other alphabetic or numeric systems.

The fifth symbol in the VMs sequence is EVA 'v'. The actual VMs glyph has the form of an *inverted* 'v'. Potential interpretations include 'lambda' in Greek. The medieval numeral '7' as seen on Typus Arithmetica. And as the inverted Roman numeral "V' - or five in the fifth place. Just like lambda is correctly spaced to 'omega', EVA 'o', in the first VMs position. Just like the numeral seven is properly placed from the medieval numeral '4', EVA 'l', in the second VMs position. Each system of interpretation is supported by an independent, positional confirmation.

There are three systems of interpretation running on the same set of symbols: Roman numerals, medieval numerals, and the Greek alphabet, which is alphanumeric.

How does it work??!!

RE: No text, but a visual code - Addsamuels - 16-02-2023

(16-02-2023, 07:17 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.We don't see it because there are no letters or words. It's a mirage. There is no text at all, but the script makes sense nonetheless. It seems a paradox but it is not. The only problem lies in our little knowledge of the mentality and sensitivity of medieval man.

I disagree, [Image: 76ac6e947bdd70b44488b2694bc674af.jpg]

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 17-02-2023

I also think, like Hilbert's epitaph, that we should know and we will know.

But the question is how we will know. The how is the key. Will we find out by repeating and repeating unsuccessfully formulas tested for more than a hundred years, or by thinking something different?

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 22-02-2023

I know I'm swimming against the current, but I want to summarize my theory for people who have recently joined the forum:  

---There is no text to read. It is a mirage created by the authors of the VM. There are no words. It is about associations of symbols. The symbols are celestial objects and positions on the sphere.

---The glyph that looks like the letter (o) and those that look like the letter (a) and the number (9) are different positions of the fixed stars.

---The gallows mark the position of the sun in the northern and southern hemispheres. One-legged gallows are the lunar nodes.

---The glyphs that look like the letter © are the lunar phases, which include the benches.

---The glyphs that look like the letter (i) are just marks on the elliptical sphere

---The script simply reflects the message of the images. Iconography tells us that it is the fixed stars that create the rare herbs we see.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 28-02-2023

I forgot to mention the arrow in my previous post. I call the arrow the glyph composed of a stick ending in a point. What in EVA is (q), which I don't like to call that because any transliteration of the glyphs is an adulteration of reality.

In the system of astronomical-astrological symbols that is the Voynich script, the arrow is the glyph with movement value, that is why we do not see it on the labels. The arrow serves as the beginning of each group of symbols and there are the same vords with an arrow and without an arrow.

If the arrow is almost always followed by the glyph (o) it is because it indicates the movement of a certain star. It can be clearly seen that it is the same arrow as the left leg of some gallows, indicating upward movement.

If you look at the volvelles of the time, you can see how a bar ending in an arrow marks the movement of the sun and the moon. It's the same role it plays in the VM script.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Antonio García Jiménez - 07-03-2023

I like to remind everyone of this from time to time: What we see in the Voynich script are glyphs that we don't know what they mean. Since the beginning of the book's research it has been customary to transliterate these glyphs and replace them with letters of the alphabet. This has facilitated the analysis but has a great disadvantage, it leads one to think that behind these glyphs there is a language, natural or encrypted.

It seems obvious but I think it is of great importance. If when we write about the script we get used to leaving the letters and reproducing the glyphs exactly as they are drawn in the book, we will have taken a great step to free ourselves from the trap of language.

That behind the groupings of glyphs there are words from a language is just a presumption and nothing more than a presumption.

RE: No text, but a visual code - Addsamuels - 10-03-2023

(07-03-2023, 04:39 PM)Antonio García Jiménez Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I like to remind everyone of this from time to time: What we see in the Voynich script are glyphs that we don't know what they mean. Since the beginning of the book's research it has been customary to transliterate these glyphs and replace them with letters of the alphabet. This has facilitated the analysis but has a great disadvantage, it leads one to think that behind these glyphs there is a language, natural or encrypted.

It seems obvious but I think it is of great importance. If when we write about the script we get used to leaving the letters and reproducing the glyphs exactly as they are drawn in the book, we will have taken a great step to free ourselves from the trap of language.

That behind the groupings of glyphs there are words from a language is just a presumption and nothing more than a presumption.
Statistical analysis of the perceived glyphs shows that are certain combinations or rules that the perceived glyphs follow. So there is also evidence, and the presumption is somewhat justified (although likely not fully)

RE: No text, but a visual code - Mark Knowles - 10-03-2023

Congratulations on page 100!