The Voynich Ninja
[Article] Language of Voynich manuscript. - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [Article] Language of Voynich manuscript. (/thread-2359.html)

Pages: 1 2

Language of Voynich manuscript. - luiscrassus - 31-03-2018

The voynich manuscript is written by an artificial language. Created from roots of phonetic words of latin (70%), french (10%), english (10%) and rest of the words are italian, spanish, portuges, serb, turkish, and hungarian. In fact, we deal with languages of Southern Europe. I really suppose, that the author collected these words in various dock across Italy and his purpose was to create an "international language", something similar to Esperanto.

It is keywods:

aez-wetting/drench, ado-pray, ames-soul, amsla-church/temple, amslo-Mass, amsel-reverend, amors-dead body, amoero-shadovs, amurd-murde, amora-philanderer, amoro-pay, amulo-catfish, amula-mud (green water on drawings), amuro-wall, amer-mercantile, amones-our Lord/God, aldos-blessing/benediction, ales-devil, aquim-water, ano-deranged, apelo-appeal, ares-revenant, ara-altar, aslo-speak, avio-fly, auro-breeze, besf-most beautiful, cielo-heaven, civino-citizen, civo-serf, difi-difficulty, dock-dock, doz-dozen, doga-principle, dox-bath, bathroom, dio-God, datus-allegedly, dimero-pouring, dono-donor, dor-cask/barrel, doro-holy, does-does, eles-lift up, eel-eels, ildo-rebel/illegal, malo-demon, my-my, mones-monk, nox-night, nes-death, (h)eroa-hero (letter H is not written at the beginning of the word), (h)omos-human, (h)umo-people, ores-underworld, oro-sea coast, oquino-(water)well, oqui-(water)spring, oquis-horses, oquim-gale, qeima-woman, quifes-quarter, quira-girl, quit-quit, reses-free/freely, res-rest, vir-man/hero, vira-virago/amazon, viez-young, vif-vife, vim-strong/powerful, vick-wicked, vivi-live, vio-street, vilox-city/village, vidi-cheater/swindler, visa-gravedigger, vod-wood, vodo-wood/forest, vold-world, vos-seduce nymph.

Luis Crassus

RE: Language of Voynich manuscript. - Anton - 31-03-2018

Hi luiscrassus,

Did you forget to include the link to the article?

RE: Language of Voynich manuscript. - Diane - 25-04-2018

This 'esperanto' or 'dog-latin' theory seems to be a current fad.

It underlies the 'Senzar' theory of Viktor V. Mykhaylov, reviewed earlier this year by Nicholas Pelling 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

It is also, basically, the notion that informs a narrative created by Gerard Cheshire at virtually the same time.  This says that he imagines the manuscript  a "proto-Romance" and that this imagined 'proto-Romance' was ... and I quote: "a  combination of simplified spoken Latin and words taken from various other languages....   an effective way of communicating between people from many lands."  Cheshire is now asking others assistance to find evidence to add more plausibility to his idea  ( see e.g. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.).  

Pelling's review - with others' comments - is also recent

I'm not sure whether its just serendipity, or whether our 'luiscrassus' is a pseudonymn for the one or the other of those writers, but I might suggest that any asserted translation or glossary should be very specific about the folio(s) and position on the folio(s) these items are thought to exist.   Above all, surely, one needs a three-tier transcription for any asserted translation.

First, the writer's own transcription of the original text (just so we can check that he/she is seeing the characters as we do); next, a phonetic transliteration, so we can see whether or not the sounds are matched consistently to the glyphs; and then finally a word-by-word translation.  After which, a nicely tidied-up English rendering would be nice.

Might I suggest that this be a regular practice for those who wish members to spend their own time and energy reading and commenting on claimed translations... even before efforts are made to define the nature of the language or languages?

Just a suggestion.

RE: Language of Voynich manuscript. - luiscrassus - 25-04-2018

See You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: Language of Voynich manuscript. - luiscrassus - 09-05-2018

(25-04-2018, 02:43 AM)Hello Diane.When processing my study about the VMS I did not let myself to be influenced by other studies nor by plant drawigs. We all know howevwr that this plants do not exist ! Works of Viktor V. Mikhaylov and gerard Cheshire are unknown for me and I did not study any of these. I dont want to impose any of my grammar techniques, but I  ask everyone who is involved in VMS, to try my own alphabet and read the text from right to left. I m sure you will be kindly suprised by the phonetics.  Three stage translation: Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.[Image: ltvWuxy.jpg]
[Image: WYwYKlW.jpg]

This 'esperanto' or 'dog-latin' theory seems to be a current fad.

It underlies the 'Senzar' theory of Viktor V. Mykhaylov, reviewed earlier this year by Nicholas Pelling 

It is also, basically, the notion that informs a narrative created by Gerard Cheshire at virtually the same time.  This says that he imagines the manuscript  a "proto-Romance" and that this imagined 'proto-Romance' was ... and I quote: "a  combination of simplified spoken Latin and words taken from various other languages....   an effective way of communicating between people from many lands."  Cheshire is now asking others assistance to find evidence to add more plausibility to his idea  ( see e.g. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.).  

Pelling's review - with others' comments - is also recent

I'm not sure whether its just serendipity, or whether our 'luiscrassus' is a pseudonymn for the one or the other of those writers, but I might suggest that any asserted translation or glossary should be very specific about the folio(s) and position on the folio(s) these items are thought to exist.   Above all, surely, one needs a three-tier transcription for any asserted translation.

First, the writer's own transcription of the original text (just so we can check that he/she is seeing the characters as we do); next, a phonetic transliteration, so we can see whether or not the sounds are matched consistently to the glyphs; and then finally a word-by-word translation.  After which, a nicely tidied-up English rendering would be nice.

Might I suggest that this be a regular practice for those who wish members to spend their own time and energy reading and commenting on claimed translations... even before efforts are made to define the nature of the language or languages?

Just a suggestion.

RE: Language of Voynich manuscript. - davidjackson - 09-05-2018

Your translation doesn't seem to match the transcription you provide below  Am I missing something?

RE: Language of Voynich manuscript. - luiscrassus - 09-05-2018

(09-05-2018, 08:54 PM)davidjackson Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Your translation doesn't seem to match the transcription you provide below  Am I missing something?

Lower text is message in Voynich writing.

RE: Language of Voynich manuscript. - luiscrassus - 24-06-2018

Brief overview of the VMS text plot.

The men-knights loaded their valuables on ships, and during the night they sailed to west. One of the ships was sank by a sea monster. Souls of drowned knights were enchanted to silence for hundred years, because they defied the mighty ruler. They faced the God's judgment but could not tell their stories of goodness, honesty and heroic acts. Because of that, the God's judgment decided to not let them to cross into posthumous garden (Elysium), instead they will have to return to the world of living. Full of obsessed faries, undines, devils, demons and gigantic hells monsters-catfishes. They traveled the country for hundred years, where underworld powers caused earthquakes, opened the gates to hell and down-thrown blocks, that sucked in some men. Marsh floods  have been scattered around the landscape causing enormous destructions of streets and city gardens. Volunteer men helped to repair the roads and drain the slurry water. Other men guarded the access road to allow the wanderers to enter sanctuary, churches and take part in Mass. However devils lurk everywhere and try to interrupt these religious servises. Luckily priests, monks and angels come to help. Truly bad and possessed souls are stealing corpses from cemeteries and hanged man from gallows. They also steal horses to chase good souls. Occasionally they turn into ravens and abduct women into the underworld. Souls resides in barrels and some turn into jelly substance. Gentle breeze can turn bad souls into good souls. Devils also lurk virgin souls-those that deflower them. Virgins that refuse to obey will be scourged or blinded. Only a priest have the ability to ravel devils into a wheel, from where they cannot escape anymore . . .

Several open questions:

The mentioned knights are Templars, chased by the mighty king Philip of IV. in 1307 ?

Did they sailed to Patagonia with their treasure ?

Does the astronomical part of VMS contain destination target coordinates of the knitghts ?

Luis Crassus

RE: Language of Voynich manuscript. - Gab19 - 25-04-2021

Absolutely not true that we all know those plants don’t exist - it’s exactly the opposite. Maybe you should first read some research already done - just a friendly advice :-)

RE: Language of Voynich manuscript. - Aga Tentakulus - 25-04-2021

You're new here, so I'll give you a little hint.
You can decide for yourselves whether the plants exist or not.
But it is certain that the amount of similarities points to real plants rather than fantasy. Other books say the same.
So, decide for yourself.
Contribution no.11