The Voynich Ninja
As a Stargate fan I enjoyed seeing this. - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Voynich Talk (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: As a Stargate fan I enjoyed seeing this. (/thread-2239.html)

As a Stargate fan I enjoyed seeing this. - Mutemandeafcat - 04-01-2018

Nothing to do with my personal theory or anything... just thought is was awesome to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..

Next working hypothesis... Created by the Goa'uld!

In all seriousness, I am curious why this isn't discussed in the forums.  I didn't find it in a search anyway.

RE: As a Stargate fan I enjoyed seeing this. - Searcher - 04-01-2018

Hi! 
I'm not a Stargate fan, but, on my opinion,  the symbol in the center of the ring may relate to stars, that is, constellation,  after all. 
Who knows, maybe, it means the constellation of Taurus or Capricorn, depending on the point of view. 
[Image: e27adda89196799b2845056d95131065.jpg]

RE: As a Stargate fan I enjoyed seeing this. - Searcher - 04-01-2018

P. S. The image is shared by Marco Ponzi on Pinterest, but I couldn't place the link correctly from my phone.

RE: As a Stargate fan I enjoyed seeing this. - -JKP- - 04-01-2018

It could be the symbol for a constellation.

It might also be a symbol for a quadrant/sextant navigational tool.

RE: As a Stargate fan I enjoyed seeing this. - davidjackson - 05-01-2018

Or a compass  / sundial - note the 24 divisions surrounding the ring. The position of the dividers into groups of three, and the fact there are 24 of them, leads me to think its a navigational device rather than a horological one. Also, the sundial doesn't evenly distribute its points around the circle.

The compass bugbear is that it was the Chinese who divided their compass roses into 24 divisions - early Europeans used a 16 point rose, which jumped to 32 as the technology improved.

The three points would suggest a dual use of timekeeping and compass, as in this 15th century Russian example (note the position of the hours):
[Image: b6bddd88db13e0887c4cb7f02b0abe3a.jpg]

RE: As a Stargate fan I enjoyed seeing this. - Mutemandeafcat - 05-01-2018

I hadn't really begun to study that foldout and was giving it a quick once over when that caught my eye.  Like I said, I am a fan of the franchise so I got a kick out of seeing it.

In all seriousness though, I think it is more like a key to the image.  The marks on the ring denote each of the eight outer circular features of the image.  The three pointed center mark is either telling you how to orient the image, is pointing to which three are important or to be "dealt with" first or, my personal favorite is; (in keeping with the imagery) that it's indicating that the center part is below the others... is a valley and not a mountain.

This whole damn book is ridiculous.

Look at the outer four corner features of the entire imagery of the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..  Starting with the bottom left you have an eye, then clockwise you see a mouth next, is imagery I'm going to say is sound, and the fourth (because when you orient the picture 90 degrees, those images look like stalls in a bazaar) I think represents smell.  I could go on and on, just in this one foldout.

This whole damn book is ridiculous.

RE: As a Stargate fan I enjoyed seeing this. - Paris - 05-01-2018

Personally, I think it's an astronomical objet.
Possibly an astronomical clock or also an astrolabe.

The astrolabe of Juan de Rojas ( spanish mathematician and astronome ) is interesting.