The Voynich Ninja
f75v: right margin - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: f75v: right margin (/thread-2160.html)

f75v: right margin - MarcoP - 30-10-2017

At the top of the right margin of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. there is a peculiar column of six characters (possibly s l l o r s). They only partially align with the text (in particular, the characters are six, but they only span five lines).
Have you seen similar things in the VMS or in other manuscripts?

RE: f75v: right margin - -JKP- - 30-10-2017

(30-10-2017, 01:35 PM)MarcoP Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.At the top of the right margin of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. there is a peculiar column of six characters (possibly s l l o r s). They only partially align with the text (in particular, the characters are six, but they only span five lines).
Have you seen similar things in the VMS or in other manuscripts?

Yes, but not usually on the right-hand side and, as you point out, they usually align with the adjacent text.

It's typically found in lists, poetry, songs, and indexes. I've never seen it quite like this.

RE: f75v: right margin - Koen G - 30-10-2017

Unless this indicates that [or] is a digraph.

RE: f75v: right margin - -JKP- - 30-10-2017

(30-10-2017, 03:31 PM)Koen Gh. Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Unless this indicates that [or] is a digraph.

If or is a digraph then statistically ox should be too.

RE: f75v: right margin - davidjackson - 30-10-2017

Could they be sigils?
I'm trying to think of an abbreviation that could fit - this could be a common abbreviated phrase that has been jotted down by the scribe.

s l l o r[s] s

A clue? Now, double letters usually indicated a plural, so the double l could be a plural word.
So, can anyone think of a common phrase, five words long, of which the second word is a plural noun?

Of course, even if it is a sigilled phrase, it could well be nonsense. Polish Baths charge [much money] entrance would fit both context and sigils, for example... Big Grin

RE: f75v: right margin - Koen G - 30-10-2017

(30-10-2017, 03:33 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(30-10-2017, 03:31 PM)Koen Gh. Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Unless this indicates that [or] is a digraph.

If or is a digraph then statistically ox should be too.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were. If Voynichese is a language, digraphs might be part of the solution.

RE: f75v: right margin - MarcoP - 30-10-2017

I was thinking that it could be a word written vertically (again, I would like to see examples in other manuscripts).

solor
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
occurs in Quire 13. 

llory in Quire 20

sl.ar occurs in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

This weird sllors could be a word, maybe.