The Voynich Ninja
glyph shape similarities - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: glyph shape similarities (/thread-2117.html)

glyph shape similarities - undekagon - 22-09-2017

Is there already a thread discussing glyph shape similarities between the different voynich glyphs?

Something like a relationship diagram or periodic table of glyphs. 
I know about a blog post from 

[--have to search for the link--]

which classifies glyphs into three types (c \ and E ). This seems to be a good beginning for relationships/similarities of glyphs. 

I think the first step in reading voynich is to classify the glyphs again before transcribing them very precisely:
- Pen stroke order
- classification which is written by which scribe and their personal differences
- making a really big dictionary with examples of the glyphs and ligatures (the atoms of the script)

After that it is possible to construct a metric which defines similarity on glyphs/ligatures.
Perhaps with this toolset we can better correct transcription errors in a computational way.

When this classification is done the next step would be to analyze the tings which seem to be the syllables. There is a blog post of JKP which discusses Janus Pairs. I think they are good candidates for syllables.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Not to looking at exact matches in transcription but for similar words. definded by theese metrics. The Levy-Metric but modified to take in account that the transcription may have some errors.
==================
The voynich script still reminds me of indic script systems. Only a little flavour but perhaps there are some rules which can also help to see more patterns in voynichese?

As a reference for scripts, glyph shapes and so on, comparing the scripts of the world, this website seems to be really good as a reference:

RE: glyph shape similarities - undekagon - 22-09-2017

This was not the link I was searching for but it also deals with the same questions

[Perhaps I first have to read much more different voynich blog post before asking questions here?]

and it seems as if thread You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. adresses the same questions.
[How can I delete this thread or mark it as a duplicate?]

RE: glyph shape similarities - Anton - 22-09-2017

There is plenty of this discussion in the forum, some additional links are below:

If you so wish, I can close this thread.

RE: glyph shape similarities - undekagon - 22-09-2017

Thank you for the links.
I have plenty to read now and yes please close the thread.

RE: glyph shape similarities - Anton - 22-09-2017

OK, closed as duplicate.