The Voynich Ninja
The Takeshi Takahashi transcription - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: The Takeshi Takahashi transcription (/thread-2040.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: The Takeshi Takahashi transcription - RobGea - 03-07-2020

This is Takahashis' transcription page:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

The [You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.] has a full transcription but no version number Sad

RE: The Takeshi Takahashi transcription - ReneZ - 03-07-2020

(03-07-2020, 03:29 PM)RobGea Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.The [You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.] has a full transcription but no version number

That looks like the 'old' one. It is not capitalised.

RE: The Takeshi Takahashi transcription - -JKP- - 03-07-2020

I don't know which version of the Takahashi transcript I downloaded or where I got it (this was late in 2007 or possibly January or February 2008, if I remember correctly). Ten minutes after looking through it and comparing it to the original VMS scans (low-res black-and-white, at the time), I put it aside and began to make my own.

The same thing happened with the EVA font. I downloaded it, decided it wasn't going to meet my needs, and created my own (three versions, actually).

I don't like doing this. It takes time away from research (sometimes a lot of time!), but I'm a strong believer that you need a good foundation if you want good results.

RE: The Takeshi Takahashi transcription - bi3mw - 06-08-2023

A Transcription Based on a Revised Version of Takeshi Takahashi’s Transliteration by Alexander Max Bauer.

Work in progress ( Update 3 months ago ) .

RE: The Takeshi Takahashi transcription - watson_flatline - 19-08-2023

Wanting to take a closer look at this, I noticed that You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. is down. Does anyone know how long it has been off the net or why?

(10-08-2017, 08:46 AM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I just noticed two days ago that the version of Takeshi's transciption that is in the interlinear file is quite different from the version on his web site.
First five line in interlinear file:

Quote:<f1r.P1.1;H>       fachys.ykal.ar.ataiin.shol.shory.cthres.y.kor.sholdy-
<f1r.P1.2;H>       sory.ckhar.o!r.y.kair.chtaiin.shar.are.cthar.cthar.dan-
<f1r.P1.3;H>       syaiir.sheky.or.ykaiin.shod.cthoary.cthes.daraiin.sa-
<f1r.P1.4;H>       o{&o'}oiin.oteey.oteos.roloty.cth*ar.daiin.otaiin.or.okan-
<f1r.P1.5;H>       dair.y.chear.cthaiin.cphar.cfhaiin=

His version:

(I am not concerned about the comments and the wrappings, just the transcribed text.

I know that his transcription is being used by several people, and I wonder which of the two sources people tend to use.

I will try to contact him, to find out if he updated it in the meantime.

RE: The Takeshi Takahashi transcription - pjburkshire - 22-04-2024

I think I have extracted all the speculation that I can extract from the illustrations. I have started playing with the text. I used pages You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. through You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. . Those are the 15 (out of 16) pages from Quire 1 that have one plant on each page. I think most people agree with the assumption that the text on each of those pages is most likely related to the plant on each of those pages so that probably narrows the topic of the text to as much of an agreed upon topic as we can currently get.

I used the following data.

#  H: Takeshi Takahashi's full transcription (see f0.K).

I got a total word count of 1296 for the text from these 15 pages.

168 ( 12.96% ) end in "iin" (iin) but if I remove "daiin" then the numbers drop to 119 ( 9.18% ). In my opinion, that is still a high number.

25 ( 1.93% ) end in "ain" ( ain ).

What are the current thoughts for why almost 13% (or 9%) of the words end in "iin"? Is this some kind of artifact of the encryption process? Or is "iin" some kind of verb suffix like "-ing" and "-ed" in English "growing" and "curled"?

RE: The Takeshi Takahashi transcription - nablator - 22-04-2024

It doesn't matter much which transliteration you used, so this should go to a new thread, about common word endings maybe?

(22-04-2024, 01:04 PM)pjburkshire Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.What are the current thoughts for why almost 13% (or 9%) of the words end in "iin"? Is this some kind of artifact of the encryption process? Or is "iin" some kind of verb suffix like "-ing" and "-ed" in English "growing" and "curled"?

There are many current thoughts...

A good test for any proposed solution would be on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. the 9 consecutive words ending with "ain" and "aiin":

RE: The Takeshi Takahashi transcription - pjburkshire - 22-04-2024

(22-04-2024, 01:48 PM)nablator Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.It doesn't matter much which transliteration you used,

That is what I thought but before I move on to Quire 13 which is much larger, I would like to know that I am using the best data.

RE: The Takeshi Takahashi transcription - nablator - 22-04-2024

(22-04-2024, 02:20 PM)pjburkshire Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.That is what I thought but before I move on to Quire 13 which is much larger, I would like to know that I am using the best data.

I'm not sure which transliteration is the best. They are all different, they all have errors and limitations, so pick any one you like.