The Voynich Ninja
If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! (/thread-1879.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - -JKP- - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 01:37 PM)coded Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.But why did you post it [the blog on Villa 'dEste] so late after giving me so much grief about what I found on the House of Este?  I would not say 1466 is a century away from what the VMS is!

Stellar, I have enough data to post dozens of blogs, and many partly written blogs that I don't have time to finish right now. I have work-related responsibilities that take priority—I don't have time to post even 1/20th of the material I have collected in the last 9 years. I don't even have time to read all the forum threads. I post as I have time and as it seems relevant.

The date for my information is not 1466. You posted about a different time period in the history of the d'Este family. I blogged about another branch of the family—something that happened later.

I never gave you grief about investigating the  House of Este. I questioned your assumptions and research methods. You were cherry-picking shapes out of tarot cards to make them look like Voynich glyphs even when many of them didn't. That's not research, that's projection, or flim-flam, however you want to interpret it.

coded wrote: I like the site JKP maybe you are leaning towards D'este and the VMS!

I'm not leaning in any direction. I'm doing research. I don't know where it will lead me. The Villa d'Este was one of the earlier ideas I had for how the VMS rosettes page MIGHT be interpreted. It's a reasonably good fit, but it's not the only possibility (water-garden predecessors to the VMS might fit better). I've had a number of ideas since and I will write them up if I can find time.

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 13-05-2017

I made an error on the file for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. with the Trigoni and it now is deltoton;  I'm also setting up the cipher for a one to one VMS glyph poly-alphabetic Placemarks, which keeps the the VMS glyph's random. Furthermore it shows their place marks with numbers and glyph s so that you can decode vms vords but this is highly difficult.  Cross your fingers I already have the encryption up and working so that all Latin words encrypt, but hopefully I can show VMS glyphs to transfer for decryption of the VMS vords.  

[Image: konstellations163.png]

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 15-05-2017

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
okeeedy
9 occurences
for Arietis

1 of these is in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and the rest are in quire 20.  This being the case as I have demonstrated for the constellations rising over Arietis or Aries; then do you think quire 20 has a strong correlation to Astrology or Astronomy?

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - Koen G - 15-05-2017

Why is the form arietis used?

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 15-05-2017

(15-05-2017, 10:16 PM)Koen Gh. Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Why is the form arietis used?

@ Koen I don't know why you used the word (form), but the word Arietis is the Latin equivalent of Aries.  Also my premise is that the VMS is written mostly in Latin.

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ariēs, arietis
noun (m., 3rd declension)[/font]

1. a ram
  2. [by metonymy] the Ram (a constellation)
  3. a battering-ram
  4. a breakwater

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - -JKP- - 15-05-2017

I've collected more than 400 medieval zodiac cycles, most of them labeled in Latin, and I don't recall any of them having "Arietis" as a label for Aries. The variation may exist, there are many different spellings for Pisces, but Aries seems to be more consistent.

The most common ones are Aries and Wider (German). Hildegard von Bingen used "arietem".

I can't spare time to look through all of them, but it shouldn't be necessary to point out that just because you found a word in a dictionary doesn't mean that form of the word was used in the middle ages.

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 16-05-2017

First off, I found a wonderful and in depth You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (474 pages).  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. was the court astrologer and involved with the painting (Hall of Months painted by, "[font=sans-serif] [/font][font=sans-serif]Cosmè Tura" along[/font] with this Zodiac image) the Hall of Month's.  He advised Ercole D' Este and I would not doubt he gave a prognostication for the Battle of Molinella.  I will show you the association for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. in my next post but this was quite a great deal of research and you all should find this amazing. Smile [/font]

Difficult, however, to think that Pellegrino Prisciani, the erudite creator of the pictorial cycle, it was so blatantly wrong in pointing to the artists the inverse order of zodiac signs and deans. Of course, there may be an intuitive (how simple and effective) an explanation of why the Deans are placed, in sequence of three for each sign, from left to right: it could be an effect similar to that of a printed countdown photograph, fruit of our reading direction (also in the pictures) clockwise, than Arabic, which is oriented in the opposite direction. In Ferrara, "the reversal of the direction of the deans (...) would then be nothing more than the result of a transcript of Arab intermediate sources made by Europeans" (Hübner [1999a]: 11).

[Image: vms-f71r-pellegrino-prisciani.png]

[Image: pellegrino-prisciani-astrologer-to-ferrara-este1.jpg]

[Image: chariot-with-jupiter.jpg]

The consuls swore their oath of office in Jupiter's name, and honoured him on the annual You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. of the Capitol in September. To thank him for his help (and to secure his continued support), they offered him a white ox (bos mas) with gilded horns.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. A similar offering was made by You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., who surrendered the tokens of their victory at the feet of Jupiter's statue in the Capitol. Some scholars have viewed the triumphator as embodying (or impersonating) Jupiter in the triumphal procession.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Jupiter's association with kingship and sovereignty was reinterpreted as Rome's form of government changed. Originally, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.; after the monarchy was abolished and the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. established, religious prerogatives were transferred to the patres, the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - -JKP- - 16-05-2017

Do you ever actually check or read the links you post?

I looked at your Latin examples. The one you might have thought referred to Aries did not say Aries, it said, "of Aries". It wasn't the name of the constellation, it was a grammatical construction referring in general to a ram. The other ones you labeled do not have the same "of [constellation]" grammar. The other examples on that page were referring to battering rams used in siege warfare, not to Aries the ram.

So they had nothing to do with Aries the constellation, just as the giraffe definition you cited earlier had nothing to do with the giraffe constellation that was created centuries after the VMS.

It's not enough for a word to look similar. The words junk and junket look similar but they mean completely different things.

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - Koen G - 16-05-2017

I say form because, as JKP says, arietis is the genitive form of Aries. It's not a synonym, and you're not allowed to use it as the base form of the word.

Your methodology is full of holes. It's not because something took a lot of research thst it's true. Sometimes Voynich researchers spend months and months researching a hypothesis, only to realize at the end that it is impossible, unlikely or that there is not enough evidence to prove it. 

And sometimes they find something which may be relevant, in which case they check it, double check it and then publish the results free of charge on a blog or forum.

But that is the way of science. We want to find out the truth. This also involves guarding the distinction between what is impossible, implausible, uncertain and true. 

Your cipher is impossible because it's a one-way cipher with literally billions and billions of possible decryption results for the MS. But this is okay for you, since it allows you to come up with whatever nonsense you want and sell it.

And when we point out that one of the words you use is historically or grammatically impossible, you don't see a problem since your absurd cipher, just like the last one, allows you to replace it with a million other words.

You create elaborate word games for yourself, but that doesn't bring us one step closer to learning anything at all about the VM.

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 16-05-2017

I have searched since 2006 for this Castle and nobody will convince me otherwise that this VMS Castle is not a product for Ferrara.

[Image: voynich-is-now-ferrara-castle-forever.png]