The Voynich Ninja
If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! (/thread-1879.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 06-05-2017

(06-05-2017, 10:01 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.If Stellar's cipher works, he would be able to decipher a paragraph on one of the pages without pictures.

Anyway, as I said above, that's not Latin. It's words SELECTIVELY chosen by Stellar because they are or seem to be Latin.

In other words, he's using the same method he used with gematria, CHOOSING what he thinks it's supposed to say (in terms of selecting from a list of words) rather than developing a method to actually decipher it.

Wrong the words have to obey the cipher which have the VMS glyph's associated with a letters on the outer ring and the outer ring is Latin.

And jkp I will decipher You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. in Latin and do as R. Sale wishes.

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - -JKP- - 06-05-2017

(06-05-2017, 10:01 PM)coded Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I see what your saying, but maybe your we are both right and wrong.  What I mean is if you read my other bottom post.  Duke Ercole could have been privy to the Alberti cipher yet used it in Latin without the VMS glyphs for messengers which were delivered in cipher text for strategic use.  Of course both user and recipients had the cipher disks with the shift and same letters around the disk.  All that was need for the message delivered was in cipher text.  

Later on Ercole wrote a memoir and changed it to VMS like I have done on the disk and the Latin words I'm using are high frequency or low frequency which match.  Perhaps Ercole did not care to ever read his autobiography.  All speculation for now and I know you guys don't like it but traditional methods have failed and my out the box approach may prove correct.

Oh nonsense. You ARE using out-of-the box methods. You're not even doing the conversion yourself, you're using utilities on the Web, both for the Gematria attempt and for this attempt. How more "out of the box" can you get than using an Internet utility available to billions of people?

There's nothing original about this method, and your application of it is sloppy. Sorry, you can't convince me that you know in advance that it's Latin just because you are shoehorning random Latin words onto your wheel by creating many different options for each glyph and getting a few nongrammatical phrases out of it.

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 07-05-2017

The Coat of Arms for the House of Este family bears a resemblance toYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.. Also You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. bears a resemblance to Ercoles' bust on the coin.

[Image: image.jpg?q=f57v-827.1999969482422-853.6...38-229-214]

[Image: thumb00289.jpg]

Ercole I d'Este
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

[Image: 330px-Ercole_I_d%27Este.jpg]
Ducal Palace Ercole

[Image: image.jpg?q=f86_ins_ros-1458.79998779296...62-166-170]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. was one of the most important patrons of arts in the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..

[Image: 420px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_House_of_Este_...29.svg.png]
[Image: villas.png?w=685]
Just a short horse ride between where the VMS was found at Mondragone and Villa D’Este.

[Image: image.jpg?q=f46v-181-1324.4000244140625-888-522]

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - -JKP- - 07-05-2017

Eagles and lions are two of the most common emblems in all of Europe. It's difficult to pin an eagle to any specific area or person as it was such a popular symbol.

Also, swallowtail merlons are now found all over Europe. Did you look up what year that building was built and check to see whether the swallowtail merlons were added during reconstruction or additions to the building? You shouldn't post something like that (you've done it before with the Prague merlons) without first researching the history of the building. Otherwise there's no way to know if it's relevant.

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 07-05-2017

[Image: merlonsswallowtail-ducal.png?w=685]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.[/font]
History 

The Ducal Palace (now Guildhall) is currently mainly property of the city of Ferrara. It was built from the XIII Century by the Estensi, lords of Ferrara since 1264, who here took up residence.
The noble palace was built in front of the Cathedral (1135), around which at the time was consolidating the centre of city power. Originally the palace was constituted of the building on via Cortevecchia and of the one in front of the Cathedral

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - -JKP- - 07-05-2017

You do realize that there were many other buildings with Ghibelline merlons and eagle emblems in the 15th century. Once again you have to be careful to not cherry-pick the most convenient one and ignore the others.

Research is not about grabbing whatever grabs you. It's about searching out the breadth and depth of what the clues may represent.

By the way, that root might not be an eagle. If the plant is costmary, which is one of the possibilities offered by Voynich researchers, then it's possible it's an angel.

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 08-05-2017

Hi,

I know this looks overwhelming to remotely do exactly what I have done, but the object here is to find transferable words to other folios for a grand decipherable VMS text, which I believe we need a computer for the cipher engine to speed up the decoding process.  How I achieved this was first I looked at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. for a theme and some common words like (autem) which were spaced out and repeated so that a viable text could be a fit.  Remember this is just a journey and an attempt so amendments will be needed.

(autem) is encryped like this ADDEF so use the link and decode the word practice the engine.

LARGE OUTER RING: ABCDEFGILMNPOQRSTUXV1234
SMALL INNER  RING: ZANIHGMLEY&RPTFSVOCDUBXQ

INITIAL SHIFT=1
PERIOD INCREMENT = 1
PERIOD LENGTH = 1

[Image: este-war-f1r1.png]

War suppose for example caution to exist to conquer citadel by surrender Citadel
Siege thus towards by time surrender march toward citadel burn burn surrender
Plunder citadel towards payment soldier’s tribute fight through that strength
Stratagem about siege repeated war however slow by a burden
Certainly will another’s money fulfill men of the age                           NorthWind

[Image: ercole-siege.png]

[Image: albertivoycirpher16.png]

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - Koen G - 08-05-2017

Stellar, I don't understand. You say autem is always encoded like ADDEF. But isn't your alphabet supposed to shift? So how can autem always be the same word?

(08-05-2017, 04:53 AM)Koen Gh. Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Stellar, I don't understand. You say autem is always encoded like ADDEF. But isn't your alphabet supposed to shift? So how can autem always be the same word?

The shift is unique to specific words only if you maintain the same shift through out the manuscript.  If you want to change the key to the word simply don't use 1 shift and change it to another number.  However I believe in order for the Author of the manuscript to read back his book he used the entire same shift key arrangement.  So as we build up words we could just log the same shift keys and that is why all the words can be deciphered some day.

There maybe some oddity where two VMS vords with different VMS letters could be the same Latin word, but that would be a mistake on the Author part and a very rare occurrence.

(08-05-2017, 04:53 AM)Koen Gh. Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Stellar, I don't understand. You say autem is always encoded like ADDEF. But isn't your alphabet supposed to shift? So how can autem always be the same word?

Sorry Koen,

I was not clear and let me show you how the shift works for Autem using a 1-1-1 shift.  The shift should always increment by 1.  This is really hard to show here so feel free for later quetions.  The shift cipher text will always be the same letter sequence for a vord found.  And so that is good for building relationships with vords Latin meanings.
                           AUTEM = ADDEF
ABCDEFGILMNPOQRSTUXV1234
zanihgmley&rptfsvocdubxq

[Image: koen-cipher-explanation.png]