The Voynich Ninja
If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! (/thread-1879.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 01-05-2017

First off, here is the site that got me started on the cipher.  I admit I have a long ways to go but, I think the VMS corpus was built on a cipher text of words using alberti's cipher disk; with this cipher I have uploaded to you all.  But of course reading a sentence is another thing.  The VMS letters can be woven into sometimes what I see several Latin letters.  The most I have is 3 VMS letters hanging off a Latin Letter.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I hit the alchemy section hard and Koen had me thinking for a Month on about how this could be fire, share a plant and a You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. all at the same time.  The plant is a Venus fly trap f102v2 and they are resistant to fire, somewhat. Anyway on to the cipher!  

Here are some cipher text words which will make mostly Latin words from the voynich ms and some astronomy words too.  Don't forget to input the inner wheel and outer wheel exactly as this one, also remember the 3 numbers on the picture, initial shift 19, Period increment 1 and Period Length equal to 5.  If you don't do this exactly your input cipher text words will not read Latin.

Large Outer Ring:  ABCDEFGILMNOPQRSTUXZ1234
Small inner  Ring:  zbemdgpfcn&rotusvxylhaiq

initial shift=19
Period increment = 1
Period Length = 5

(cipher text latin words)
lnlq
lnlbp
lnio&
&pme
fmqeg
lonebhz
rlonor
(Astrology Page f67r2)
lneqrmr
rlonqh
bqdegm
anlhhh
mqlq
egrlaoh
mehnlp
&apnfm
&lberohz
alfnqh
lcolnmm
fe&aer

[Image: image.jpg?q=f102v2-762-166.20000457763672-304-251]

[Image: alberti_cifra_disk4.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg?q=f77r-116-74.20000076293945-929-290]

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - bi3mw - 01-05-2017

Even if this is not a qualified statement: I think that's the right direction.- However, it will be somewhat more complex, perhaps Llull-style.

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 01-05-2017

Well this really worked me over, thanks bi3mw Smile

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 01-05-2017

d_a_ii_n    

I believe this word to be litus:  Since the majority of the manuscript contains plants that need water and folio 13.

1. the sea-shore, seaside, beach, strand

2. A landing-place

3. The shore of a lake

4. The bank of a river

5. Land situated on the sea-side
ch_e_d_y

This word I think is (orsi):  Its a high frequency word in Latin.

1. to begin a web, lay the warp, begin, commence, make a beginning, set about, undertake

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 02-05-2017

Well I used my cipher and I squeezed out a great shot of the Night Sky, partial that is!  The puzzle flows and follows the pattern of Ara, Scorpio, Capricorn, Sagittarius and Corona Borealis.  I believe this cipher will improve voynich studies and hopefully some medicine from all that good herb. Heart

[Image: stars.png]

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - Paris - 02-05-2017

I think also that this kind of cipher could give us the solution in order to uncipher the VMS.
Historically, the Alberti cipher was used during the fifteenth century when the VMS was written.

Another cipher during this century is the Vigenère cipher.

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 02-05-2017

I think I have the voynich glyphs backwards and so I'm currently working on a improvement sorry about that. The VMS glyphs should be on the outer wheel.  Any help would be a appreciated.

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - Davidsch - 03-05-2017

Did you know that there are different ways of using the Alberti formula?

1. use rings and index number
a. mention the index number in cipher
b. send the index numbers separately

2. use rings and key phrase
a. mention the key index  in cipher
b. send the key separately

3. use the plaintext n-grams and not the plaintext letters. One wheel now holds the ngrams.
...variations as above

Now consider this. Put 16 letters letters in the alphabet disc and 4 index letters are only used as key. Now, we really do not need the disc if we have no periodical shift.
We can simply make 4 tables. If there will be an automatic shift applied: just add a simple row to your table.

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - coded - 03-05-2017

Ok I'm 100% sure the VMS is written in Latin and I have tweaked the Alberti cipher so that you can put in your own cipher text words which produce Latin words.  I need more time before I post the cipher, because the picture of the wheel is time consuming.

I was wrong about (Daiin):  Daiin is defined as Autem: meaning, "however or on the constrary".

RE: If it feels like an Alberti Cipher it is one! - -JKP- - 03-05-2017

(03-05-2017, 10:53 PM)coded Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Ok I'm 100% sure the VMS is written in Latin and I have tweaked the Alberti cipher so that you can put in your own cipher text words which produce Latin words.  I need more time before I post the cipher, because the picture of the wheel is time consuming.

I was wrong about (Daiin):  Daiin is defined as Autem: meaning, "however or on the constrary".

You were just as certain it was gematria, but I'll wait to see the posted cipher before posting any critique of this new idea.