The Voynich Ninja
An explanation of the Voynich Manuscript text - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: An explanation of the Voynich Manuscript text (/thread-1812.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: An explanation of the Voynich Manuscript text - julian - 08-06-2017

(25-04-2017, 03:01 PM)Diane Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.[snip]

Julian said he'd do that, but it hasn't happened yet.  Perhaps he talked himself out of doing so much work for a non-language test. Smile

[snip]

Your wish is my command  Wink

RE: An explanation of the Voynich Manuscript text - Koen G - 08-06-2017

Is it me or does it look very "simple" when the glyphs are replaced by colors? This looks like something that could be presented to one of those people with special talents for recognizing patterns.

RE: An explanation of the Voynich Manuscript text - Davidsch - 09-06-2017

Very nice work Julian.

By giving [y] the color red, the impression of a color map is already subjective.

More objective color mapping suggestions:

* all colour are shades and not 'hard' colors
* space should not have the color black but another color shade
* black should be omitted
* for a good overview all color maps should be placed in 1 entire world frame. Something like the screen capture of voynichese.com.

RE: An explanation of the Voynich Manuscript text - julian - 11-06-2017

(08-06-2017, 07:39 PM)Koen Gh. Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Is it me or does it look very "simple" when the glyphs are replaced by colors? This looks like something that could be presented to one of those people with special talents for recognizing patterns.

It looks like white noise to me, but with a tantalising hint of some regular patterns. I think Diane was wondering if it would look like a set of rug patterns, if the glyphs were symbols for different yarn colours or knots?

RE: An explanation of the Voynich Manuscript text - -JKP- - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 01:13 AM)julian Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(08-06-2017, 07:39 PM)Koen Gh. Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Is it me or does it look very "simple" when the glyphs are replaced by colors? This looks like something that could be presented to one of those people with special talents for recognizing patterns.

It looks like white noise to me, but with a tantalising hint of some regular patterns. I think Diane was wondering if it would look like a set of rug patterns, if the glyphs were symbols for different yarn colours or knots?

At some point after creating my transcript of the VMS text (ca. 2009/2010), I transformed all the glyphs into simple symbols like dots, dashes, asterisks and such, with the gallows characters represented by vertical symbols like the pipe symbol, and that gave an interesting view of the text very much like textile patterns.

I also color coded them, so I guess it was a two-fold representation incorporating both colors and shapes. My mother and her relations were all excellent handicrafters, always knitting, embroidering, lacemaking, etc., and the patterns did remind me of textile patterns which I constantly saw around the house as a child, but when I tried to discern whether there were any hidden words that popped out, or whether they were indeed cross-stitch or other such patterns, I was unable to find any evidence of words or discernible decorative motifs.