The Voynich Ninja
Why is Pisces first? - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Imagery (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: Why is Pisces first? (/thread-163.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Why is Pisces first? - Koen G - 27-01-2017

(27-01-2017, 04:15 PM)Linda Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Interesting. In the calendar of Romulus, there is no Jan or Feb at all, the year starts in March. Could this be related to the "missing" pages? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Yes, that's what I explained in the initial post that got vanished by server failure induced time travel Big Grin

It's still reflected in the names of some months, which correspond to their original order in Latin: September (7), October (8), November (9) and December (10).

As far as I know though, this calendar of 10 months only was abandoned relatively early. The explanation I favor at the moment is that this reflects a calendar which started in March, like the Venetian one, from which two relatively useless months were omitted.

RE: Why is Pisces first? - Davidsch - 29-01-2017

When I posted this thread: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. nobody cared or found it not very interesting to look into.

The ordering of the zodiac pages is less relevant than that thread, 
considered that in many different religions and countries and (medieval) times 
the calendar as well as zodiacal periods can be different from what we use today.

RE: Why is Pisces first? - Linda - 29-01-2017

funny you should mention that, i was thinking about the "extra" ladies too. Also I missed a couple of tubs/tubes in Sagittarius which are outside, and the ladies are standing in front of them, rather than in or on them.

the one with the five ladies on top, Gemini page, the leftmost is standing or walking on grass. her label resembles that of the label in the "Europe" section of the TO Map in the "galaxy" page, whereas the other four seem to resemble the label for the "Africa" section of the TO Map in the Rosettes (the one in the galaxy page has a different second character). anyway, if it's not related to that, at the very least, one of these things is not like the others.  many of the others in the circle also have the same beginning letters on their labels as well.

Note also there are knobbly knees on the two without feet next to the grass walking lady (who has no knobs). The last two have a foot each, their knees are pointy. Could this be pointing out genetic differences that happen when a society is entrenched for a long time with no outside influence?

RE: Why is Pisces first? - R. Sale - 03-02-2017

The 'ten month' year doesn't seem that likely. I thought the two missing months were best explained by the excised page at the end of the existing Zodiac pages

RE: Why is Pisces first? - Linda - 03-02-2017

(03-02-2017, 09:39 PM)R. Sale Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.The 'ten month' year doesn't seem that likely. I thought the two missing months were best explained by the excised page at the end of the existing Zodiac pages

I agree, that's the best explanation. but perhaps it still does comment on the fact that such a calendar once existed. Or, sitting here in February, it seems like it might be a commentary on the lack of being able to do much with these 2 missing months, being in the dead of winter. Or perhaps it is commentary on the ages.