The Voynich Ninja
VMS decryption scenarios - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: VMS decryption scenarios (/thread-159.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 26-01-2017

Anton. I did this research (assuming that the actual spaces between words) in order to detect the possible names of plants. Will have to disappoint you. In these 9 intersections are no words that can be viewed as private names of plants. Too often, they appear in the text. I therefore repeat my principle on which is constructed section "small plants".
1 / The plants do not have names.
2 / To indicate the large plants in the section "small plants" are used the simplified (schematic) Figure of plants. Likewise, the leaves are used that are uniquely personify particular plant.
3 / Each the jar is a reference to the separation of the recipes. The ingredients of to each jar collect from plants, which were drawn opposite a jar.
4 / Which ingredient (what part of the plant) take from the particular plant, written on a label next to each of plant. 
5 / For a description of each recipe, there is its own paragraph of text, in which (in my opinion) are written features of  manufacturing process of drug or procedure taking the drug.  Applying in these paragraphs of plant names is not necessary to, since they "are encrypted" in drawings.
I explain how it works with the use of the words from the first algorithm. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. 

From specifically labeled plants need to take the following ingredients.
From figure 1  – root, figure 2 - the lower part of the root and lower part of the stalk,
Figure 3 - upper and lower parts of the root and the lower part of the stalk,
Figure 4 - the upper part of the root, 5 - fermented (sour) juice of the bottom of the root,
6 - the juice of the upper leaves and the juice fermented of the bottom of the root,
7 - pounded petioles of the upper leaves,   8 - juice of upper part of the root and of lower part of stalk,   9 - collect pollen.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Anton - 30-01-2017

Quote:In these 9 intersections are no words that can be viewed as private names of plants. Too often, they appear in the text. I therefore repeat my principle on which is constructed section "small plants".

1 / The plants do not have names.

I think this does not tell us that plant names are not mentioned in the text. It tells us only that plant names are not mentioned both in botanical and pharma section at the same time. But they may be mentioned in either of those.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Koen G - 08-03-2017

(26-01-2017, 08:42 PM)Wladimir D Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.These 9 small plants are identified without doubt. There are approximately 20 small plants, which coincide with leaves of large plants, but the root is not similar. Or on the contrary, the root is similar and the leaves are not. On It is can affect, simplification or mnemonics.
There is a peculiar grouping these small plants.
1 / On f102 at four plants f18v, f23r, f32v, f47v.
2 / On  f89v2 two plants f89v2 f48r, f48v.
3 / On f102r1 two plants f1v, f37v.
The grouping of large plants.
4 / Sequence f18v, f19r
5 / Sequence f47v, f48r, f48v
6 / Pages  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. constitute bifolio You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
  and small pictures are on the same page f102r2 together .

Wow, how did I miss these posts. This is extremely interesting to me - I had no idea there were so many. I would up your reputation if I hadn't already Big Grin
Are these all the ones you have found? I'd also be interested in the examples where the leaves are the same but the root is different, since I like the "different mnemonic" hypothesis.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Anton - 08-03-2017

Yes, the cases where there are mismatches in either roots or leaves definitely require deeper insight.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 10-03-2017

Koen and all.
I suggest pairs of plants with similar elements.
Example 6 - mirror roots.
Example 13 - two variants of the designation of the same plant in the section "small plants".
Next week I will prepare new examples.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 15-03-2017

New examples of similarity of plant elements.

In Example 19, the roots of oak and ivy are intertwined. The stalk of ivy turns into an air root, as when the stalk touches the ground it he takes root and creates an archway, and the stem continues to grow upward.[font=Arial, sans-serif]     [/font]

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Koen G - 15-03-2017

Thank you, Wladimir, very interesting and new observations. As soon as I'm in a plant mood I'm going to have a closer look.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 16-03-2017

I am convinced that the left side of the root with eared leaves is a parasite on another plant. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Similar cohabitation of oak and ivy on f35v.
The root of this parasite with two petioles of leaves.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Koen G - 16-03-2017

Interesting, Wladimir, but I'm not sure if hey are parasitic. To me it seems like one image shows the useful (edible?) part of the root alone, and the one with the ears shows the plant with larger root structure and some leaves for identification.

The foldout with the "ears" is one of the most mnemonic-heavy parts of the manuscript, in my opinion. This plant, and the one right next to it, have both been drawn like two animals drawing something like a cart or chariot. For example, the first one could be oxen and the second horses, just to say something.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 21-03-2017

First I offer new examples
[font=Arial, sans-serif]     [/font]
1/ Below are the labels that correspond to similar plants in the "leaves and roots" section.

13          oky (okeoly) / otodeeodor
20          salol  /  okaiin
21+30    otoldy otol shol dy /  orain / otoky
22          oforain  /  oro ain
27          cheor  / ykyd chol ches
35          tolsasy  /  sochorcfhy

As you can see, there is no similarity to match the label to the name of the plant.

2/ Together with this there is the word [font=EVA Hand 1]otoldy[/font] (11-1 cases in the text,? F82v? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. ). Which is used four times as a label in the "leaves and roots" section, and the plants are not alike.

These two items can be explained if the label is the name of the ingredient from the plant near which the label stands.