The Voynich Ninja
VMS decryption scenarios - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: VMS decryption scenarios (/thread-159.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - -JKP- - 02-02-2016

I don't have any comments on this as yet (only thoughts on some of the recurring patterns) but I like the way you have proposed an interpretation of the word tokens that is not based on corresponding letters but rather on related concepts.

If the VMS were in an artificial language, for example, especially if it were of an artificial grammatical structure, no amount of substitution-code decipherment would provide much info, but a direct examination of the relationship of tokens one to another (and to the pictorial content) might.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 02-02-2016

When I looked for the word stem I have accumulated a collection of short words very similar to the leaf, root, stem, but which, unlike the latter did not have the character "п". It “оя”, “ая”, “a2”, “a2”, “оm”, “am”. I decided to use the value of the symbol "п" for words leaf, root, stem.
Logically, what remains of the sheet "поя", if to remove out of the physical structure the concept of "п" surface (carcass, shell)? Will fluid "о" with nutrients "я". That is juice.
As a result, were found 6 types of juice.
Open the page 101v2 second recipe, the third figure, tag (signature) “o2a2a&” = oraram. It is a mixture of ingredients. Juice out the top of the root + juice out the lower part of the root + juice out the lower part of the stem.
 Earlier, I gave values only three gallows. I understood that the value of "P*" should be the antonym to "*P*". That is compact. But this value is in conflict with the page f20v. There is a word (пР*)оя = "cfhol" splayed (in different directions) leaves and the word Р*оя juice of compact upper leaves. This is a contradiction. Later I understood! These leaves are not only spread wide, but narrow (compact)! On page You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. leaves also narrow!

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - -JKP- - 03-02-2016

There are quite a few medieval codes in which a table of words is matched to pairs of numbers or letters, so it would not be unprecedented for someone to create a compressed vocabulary (e.g., of plant parts and other common words).

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 03-02-2016

I made a selection of samples (without gallows) words with ending "89" and sought "the beginning of the game." Is a word "89". Later I found the word still less  -  “9”, to connect with other "branch" of words.
What is a 9? The circle with a ponytail. It looks to the circuit of spermatozoon. The spermatozoon it is the cell (male).
 "п9" - the male cell in shell. At plants this is the pollen.
"89".  "8" -  means the division (transformation). The word "89" is translated as “fissioning female cells”.
"п89"  - means as “fissioning female cells”  in a shell. This is the germ! 
"8п89" - the improved germ. It is the seeds (fruits)!
Symbol "8" in the beginning of the word is translated as "mature." (?)

Coding and programming concepts interlinked. 
Below I present an algorithm - an extension to the word "germ". The numbers indicate the number of occurrences in the text.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 05-02-2016

In the algorithm for "ovary" I did not interjected "branch" with an apostrophe.
п’89 (46) – H*п’89 (6) – оH*п’89 (1) - 4oH*п’89 (4), *Р*п’89 (1) – о*Р*п’89 (1), 8п’89 (2), ояН*п’89 (1).
In the algorithm for "pedicel" I wrote such a "branch" thin print.
 Note the green "way" of algorithm. This 17 description of the options of one-word. It is only external changes. There are 6 (or 5) internal changes. “по89”, “па89” (1), “пп89” (1), “п989” (2), “пS89” (3), “псс89”(cc=u?) (59).
 Very similar to the simple enumeration (game) of characters.
 Counterfeiting?
I believe that the apostrophe is a symbol of the mechanical action. That is the word "п'oя" translated crumpled (minced) leafs. If the apostrophe is written a bottom, I translate by the verb.

f93r 15 line, the first word "(,)поя" - "to chop leaves"
 “по” - surface “п” water “о”   .      по - stir, shakem.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 10-02-2016

On what is similar the symbol “S”?
On one period of a sine wave. On the trajectory of sperm movement, fish, dolphins. On the trail of the snakes. He is written as two mirrored “c “= e.
“S “-  character  1) movement 2) condition. He has many meanings. To locate a translation in the second sense is necessary to have a reference to the drawing. It may mean, in accordance with a pattern - a raised, lowered, twisted, misshapen, entwined ... The 9 examples on my page.
In a first meaning of the word "поS” =choS. A moving surface of the water. This is a river.
Below is new algorithms. Note the 6 words highlighted in yellow. This is clearly the complicated words, to translate phrases. Every beginning of the word (without aiiU) exists independently.
I translate words aiU - grows up, aiiU - grow, aiiiU - grow old !?

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 19-02-2016

I offer to your attention wide algorithm based on the symbol "o".  Highlighted words in pink frame, that are separate long branches.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - -JKP- - 20-02-2016

(19-02-2016, 06:43 PM)Wladimir D Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I offer to your attention wide algorithm based on the symbol "o".  Highlighted words in pink frame, that are separate long branches.

I've long since suspected that the "o" might be a marker or modifier or that it might serve as both a letter/sound and a modifier, depending on context, as some glyphs do in the Latin language. The chart seems to lean in that direction as well.

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - Wladimir D - 02-03-2016

There is a relationship features of drawings with words that have a repetition of groups of characters "89". The "89" in my interpretation means cell division. Its doubling (tripling) is the strengthened increase (due to cell division) what or of the elements of the plant.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. - 898989 - explosive tillering plants.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. 8989, 898989 large number of small, flower buds on the flower stalk direction. An analogue of this plant - a plantain.(Plantágo - lat).
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. 8989 - strong overgrowth due to root suckers.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. - поя8989  “поя89” - petal. “поя8989” - a large number of petals (the double flowers).
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. -  “H*пс8989”  “H*пс89" - large flower stalk. “H*пс8989” - a large number of peduncles (abundantly flowering plant).
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. – “п'8989”  large number of ovaries (the formation of a large number of seeds).
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. – “*H*o8989”    “*H*o89” - juice of small flowers. “*H*o8989” - juice of a large number of small flowers (flowers of the brush). An analogue of this plant - Mimosa "touch-mi-not".

RE: VMS decryption scenarios - -JKP- - 02-03-2016

(02-03-2016, 12:55 PM)Wladimir D Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. 8989, 898989 large number of small, flower buds on the flower stalk direction. An analogue of this plant - a plantain.(Plantágo - lat).

The flower stalks of Plantago terrestrial medicinal plantain species are always single—the heads never split into three flower heads.

Plantago does not have serrated leaves, especially deeply serrated leaves like this, they are smooth and they have parallel veins, which this plant doesn't. The VMS illustrator is careful to include veins when they are important to the plant ID. The roots of Plant 14v don't resemble any species of plantain. They're too thick, too red, and don't resemble tap roots or the slender, numerous buttercup-like roots of some plantain species.

Are you sure you got the right folio number for this plant?